Opinion Ciraldo to the rescue?

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hop off the keyboard get down to the game vs Parra and stick solid.

Get behind who we have right now, we are building. Lets get behind the team for this next game as it's going to be massive.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The two most desperate sides in the league (Wests and Warriors) did not go near the bloke, I think that tells you something. Although I don't want to roll the dice on Ciraldo it ain't going to be Flanagan otherwise it would have been announced by now.
Yeh fair point mate. I just don't a repeat of barrett with some assistant who hasn't proven himself. We are a proud club so we need stop this gambling on coaches nonsense. Flanagan over an assistany any day of the week

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus has a massive hard on for Ciraldo, has had one for a while now

Gus is pushing hard, though the board are not confident

On another note, Topine will not be re-signed and Thompson is gone
Seems like they've had a mark against Topine since the start of the season for whatever reason. So...what prop we signing? We don't even have enough now with Thompson here.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Topine should be kept, good club man. Even if they don't kick on, I like them. Harlan Alalatoa was another from years ago.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You have a reliable source or is this an opinion?
I hope Thompson is in an opposition jersey next season, Topine deserves a bench spot at the very least but for whatever reason isn't in the conversation. If I was Topine I'd pack my bags and look elsewhere too. IF Ciraldo is the coach I hope he has experienced assistants because we don't need another situation as we had with Baz.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

What crap board have said they will support whatever coach Gus brings to them and don’t worry it’s already done!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Music to my ears about Thompson :hearteyes:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I always knew Topine wasn’t gonna get resigned when Gus would answer pointless smart arse questions over people continuously asking about Topine.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Who do the board want than?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the board here. I don't think Ciraldo is the man for the job. I would get someone like Eddie Jones or Flanno Snr.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus has never been a fan of Topine for whatever reason

They are chasing cheap acquisitions up front, with one of them being Eisenhuth
Another Penrith player.. he's a handy bench option but we really need a Vaughan replacement. Sutton ain't it.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold up, your the guy who said Taumalolo was joining us on a 6 year 5 million deal.
Seems like someone’s calculator is broken. Why would he come to the dogs for $5m over 6 years when he’s got $1m per year for 10 years at the cowboys

Big pappi

New Pup
Reaction score
Potter us the flavour of the month coz we showed the slightest piece of improvement ciraldo is our long term coach option that can build a team and attract players
Dogs seem to play good every year we are out of contention when the pressure is off

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In terms of being worried about another ‘unproven assistant’ - keep in mind that Ciraldo has been that ‘assistant’ since 2017. He’s also been part of a system gone to two GF’s and won one. Not sure we count his six games as caretaker head coach in FG after Hook was punted but my point is I think it’s more suitable to compare him to say Fitzgibbon who served a long apprenticeship and in his first year as a FG coach is going well than it is Barrett who didn’t coach anything for two years after the Manly debacle before being parachuted into Penrith. I never really bought the ‘attacking coach’ thing - the Panthers ‘improvement’ between 2019-20 had far more to do with having the likes of Maloney as well as the rise of Cleary, Luai etc.

The flip side is to say someone like Windscreens O’Brien also served a long apprenticeship before becoming a head coach and the Knights aren’t anything flash - but I also think their problems run deeper than the coaching. A few issues in that club.

Potter too had only sporadic coaching between the Tigers and Mounties then Dogs FG.

So hopefully (assuming it is Ciraldo) - it’s more reflective of Fitzgibbon than anyone else - and like Fitzy we have additional troops coming next year too as well as lots of cap/roster space for 2024. I know we don’t want to keep kicking the can down the road, but it takes time to unpick mistake after mistake.