Religious Discussion Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The universe was created therefor " god" im just not sold on mans interpretation of it
Bro no **** can say they even understand 1% of God, that's why it's faith.

Id love to be 100% sure of God's ways but all I know if I'm a good Christian, I'm a good person generally.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Always knew that one day we would be very good friends. because I pray for you.
Southy is a top bloke whether he is a believer or not. Just him helping me and being a friend at the lowest/deadliest/darkest parts of my life should get him into heaven alone.

That goes to the vast majority of my bros and sisters on this site. Thank You all and I'll never forget your kindness.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. But you're already giving him an extra bag a week ... let's not be too generous!
Don't worry, I won't give him our Bolivian shit, I'll Give him the Guatemalan shit we can't get rid of

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS God forgive me talking about rack in this thread lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But doubt in the existence of God? Or going against God‘s teachings? I’m not having a go at your beliefs..just genuinely curious..
I 've a feeling that you have to be a Christian to experience Satans temptations, It could be that Satan might see it as a waste of time to preach to the convertered.
By been convertered I mean, already doing some of the things which are contrary to Christ' teachings

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawking was more talking about defining the Universe. He was saying that you don't need to use God as an excuse for existence because science has covered it well enough. But our understanding is in its infancy.

His exact words were:

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going"
Perhaps I'm not smart enough, I just can't get my head around this gravety thing, having created matter, although was told at school that I had something of an IQ

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Southy is a top bloke whether he is a believer or not. Just him helping me and being a friend at the lowest/deadliest/darkest parts of my life should get him into heaven alone.

That goes to the vast majority of my bros and sisters on this site. Thank You all and I'll never forget your kindness.
By what you posted you must know him personally.
I have no problem with athiest and have friends who are just that, perhaps at some stage I may have misinterperated what he posted.
When I found out that some Priests had done very nasty things I was sickened, My intension was to defend the 95% plus of priests who live a celibent life which must be murder particularly in this day and age.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm not smart enough, I just can't get my head around this gravety thing, having created matter, although was told at school that I had something of an IQ
It's pretty complex. Actually, it's ridiculously complex. It's based on M Theory which involves Quantum Gravity and Relativity working together to spontaneously create the Universe as a possible offshoot of another Universe, or from a larger structure of Universes.

If you want to learn about it, read "The Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. It's a bit confusing but a really interesting read.

I should add that it isn't a definitive answer for how the Universe was created. It's more a collection of theories that have basis in physics showing that the Universe can be created spontaneously without need for God or magic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I 've a feeling that you have to be a Christian to experience Satans temptations, It could be that Satan might see it as a waste of time to preach to the convertered.
By been convertered I mean, already doing some of the things which are contrary to Christ' teachings
I once tempted the devil. He wanted my soul, so I challenged him to a fiddle contest. Won a nice golden fiddle.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An interesting misconception with Atheism is that it's the belief that God doesn't exist. It's not though.

Atheism in it's purest form is just a lack of belief in God. A true Atheist is agnostic. They say, "God may exist, but I don't have any reason to believe God exists"

It's not saying, "I'm sure God exists", it's just saying, "I have no reason to believe that God exists". Rather than it being a belief system, it's instead a lack of belief.

Side note, if any atheist says that God 100% doesn't exist, then they're being dishonest, as there's always a chance. Even if it's a 0.00000000001% chance, it's still a chance.
Thanks for the info Hacky.
I had always thought/believed that athiests were people who just ruled out the existance God completely, which is sometimes understandble when taking into account the hyprotics who call themselves Christians, and those mouthing of rubbish like the flat earth.
I thought agnostics were people who sat on the fence, a bit like having 2 bob each way bet.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I once tempted the devil. He wanted my soul, so I challenged him to a fiddle contest. Won a nice golden fiddle.
If I were a shit stirrer I'd create a joke here about you then losing that golden fiddle when a Catholic priest challenged you to a fiddling contest at a local school.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hacky.
I had always thought/believed that athiests were people who just ruled out the existance God completely, which is sometimes understandble when taking into account the hyprotics who call themselves Christians, and those mouthing of rubbish like the flat earth.
I thought agnostics were people who sat on the fence, a bit like having 2 bob each way bet.
Science just tends to take probability and testifiability. The reason science doesn't incorporate God is because you can't test for God. Everything else in the Universe including the Big Bang leaves traces that can be tested.

In regards to agnosticism, atheism, etc, it's all different depending who you ask. But the ones that generally defined modern atheism and agnosticism went with a scale. The scale can vary but the basics of it is that you have:

1) Gnostic Theism - 100% belief God exists
2) Agnostic Theism - believes in God but not 100% that God exists
3) Agnostic Atheism - doesn't believe in God but not 100% sure God doesn't exist
4) Gnostic Atheism - 100% belief God doesn't exist

2 and 3 are the most honest, most Christian religions require 1, 4 is just completely dishonest and only generally used by anti-theists who live in their mum's basement.

That's a simplistic scale though. Usually the scale is larger. Richard Dawkins for example (evolutionary biologist, well know for being an anti-theist, and well known for his thoughts on Atheism) uses a 7 point scale with 1 being 100% certain of God, 7 being 100% certain God doesn't exist.

But Dawkins being a scientist and understanding probability, rates himself as a 6. He's pretty sure God doesn't exist but he can't be 100% certain.