Religious Discussion Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The definition of evil is the back and forth of attacks people cop on here. Attacks don't have to be physical, they can be verbal. Attacks from both sides Catholic and non-catholic, Christian and non Christian. Not pulling with anyone here.

Evil is everywhere and yes even in the Catholic church. I'm not interested in all the evil, I'm only interested in what the church teaches even if they don't lead by example.

Everything the Catholic church teaches is written in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I believe it's the authentic interpretation of scripture.

P.S I don't remember anything in the catechism referring to not being able to accept a blood donation, it's probably a rule some Christian sect/cult/denomination has made up(probably one of the 33,000 Christian denominations). Not interested in some crappy new age man made religion which came about in the 1500's, 1600's, 1700's, 1800's or 1900's or the Church of Scientology or some stupid cult like that, whatever it may be.
JWs bro.

I'm going to hell because I have had blood transfusions and a transplant...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get sleep apnea as well. I stop breathing quite often while sleeping and snore loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood. Haven't got a mask yet but ended up picking up a specially designed mouth guard. When wearing it I no longer snore and don't get sleep apnea, but it's quite uncomfortable to wear while sleeping and often I'll wake up and take it out of my mouth 'cause it's too annoying.
I heard about the special mouth guard, after I already had the Cpap machine, very happy with the Cpap, can't see areason to change

I hope God is a dude. If God turns out to be a woman then I have no chance.

Me: "is everything ok?"

Fem-God: "Everything is fine"

Me: "Then why are you sending me to hell?"

Fem-God: "I SAID EVERYTHING IS FIN

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. The JWs generally have a thing against it.
JWs and Mormans are not Christians anyway even though they identify as Christians.

JW's founder is Charles Taze Russell in 1872
Morman founder is Joseph Smith in 1830
Man made religions

Christians believe Jesus is God in the flesh. End of

Still waiting to see if anyone can find the founder of the Catholic Church?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
JWs and Mormans are not Christians anyway even though they identify as Christians.

Man made religions

I'd throw in SDA's into the confirmed cults too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Man made religions

Yeah, I know. That's why I originally said, "For example, some religions ban receiving blood, which often leads to people dying"

Wasn't talking specifically about Christians.

I have a friend who married in to Mormonism. Before his wedding we went and watched Book of Mormon so we could say that we had an enlightened Mormon experience.

I highly recommend Book of Mormon. Is frigging hilarious.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh. And I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church was founded by Cathy.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh. And I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church was founded by Cathy.
You have made it very obvious that your athiest thats OK by me, I don't want to start confrontation again, but I find your remark that Cathy founded the Catholic Church ofensive, who is she anyway.
I'm sure that I can find material which is ofensive to athiests. BTW you haven't shown me any proof that (NOTHING MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING YET).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have made it very obvious that your athiest thats OK by me, I don't want to start confrontation again, but I find your remark that Cathy founded the Catholic Church ofensive, who is she anyway.
I'm sure that I can find material which is ofensive to athiests. BTW you haven't shown me any proof that (NOTHING MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING YET).
Might be a bit hard to find something that offends an atheist. You could draw an offensive cartoon of nothing. Actually, I'll draw one for you. Here you go...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, feel free to show proof that an almighty being created the Universe out of nothing.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man made religions

i have a lot of fun with the JW'S when they come around, we have had long friendly discussuins which I enjoy.
Now one of their leaders, often calls me and tries to justify their beliefs . He appears to not be to confident in what they believe.
Don't know much about Mormans, but they appear to be like any other Business, farming and other business ventures, the only difference is that by calling thenelves a religion they don't have to pay any tax.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i have a lot of fun with the JW'S when they come around, we have had long friendly discussuins which I enjoy.
Now one of their leaders, often calls me and tries to justify their beliefs . He appears to not be to confident in what they believe.
Don't know much about Mormans, but they appear to be like any other Business, farming and other business ventures, the only difference is that by calling thenelves a religion they don't have to pay any tax.
Most Mormons I know are actually very spiritual and treat it very seriously. I pick on them because let's face it, their religion started similar to Scientology. It's a bit of a joke.

But much like Catholicism, they strongly believe what they preach. I say "Catholicism" and not "Christianity" because Mormons are technically Christians. They believe in Christ and follow Christ, they just have this extra crazy stuff about angels delivering tablets to an American because Americans believe they are the true chosen ones.

But their faith is strong. Just look at Will Hopoate. At his peak he left Rugby League for 2 years to go on a Mormon mission, because he believes so strongly.

For someone like me, Mormonism is no different to Catholicism. Sure, yours is more ancient, but it doesn't mean your belief is more valiant or true.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JWs bro.

I'm going to hell because I have had blood transfusions and a transplant...
I feel for you brother, heart transplants are no fun,
For the record beside our Church we have a 24/7 adoration Chappel, theres only 7 such Chapples in Australia, where the faithfill take turns to pray 24/7. for those in need. I'll put in a petition in the petition box for you.