Religious Discussion Thread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

“If every trace of every single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on,
it would never be created exactly that way again.
There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense.
If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone
would find a way to figure it all out again.”― Penn Jillette

Science is real, religion is fantasy!
All quit simple really.- RPG

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I completely agree that churches should not be attacked for the actions of the individuals. But when someone points out that there were horrible things done by many members of the church, and it was covered up by higher members of the church, the reaction should be anger at the members of the church who covered this stuff up.

The automatic reaction shouldn't be to kill the messenger.

Sure Southy is using it to attack the church as a whole. But when someone says, "nuns raped kids with crucifixes", there's good responses and bad responses. Here's two of the worst possible responses:

1) "it's technically not rape as only men can rape"

2) "I'm going to ignore the problem and attack you for telling me about it"
Surely no one on this forum said point 1. Surely not. They didn't did they?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

“If every trace of every single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on,
it would never be created exactly that way again.
There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense.
If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone
would find a way to figure it all out again.”― Penn Jillette

Science is real, religion is fantasy!
All quit simple really.- RPG
This only proves that Penn should stick to magic tricks. I can see the point he is making, however he extends the logic too far and makes a category error.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely no one on this forum said point 1. Surely not. They didn't did they?
You could argue nuance but....

Kelpie03: "As for Nun raping girls with crucifixes, I always thought that raping involved a man/men penetrating a girl or boy forcefully, so please explain exactally what you meant so please explain"

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Kelpie03: "As for Nun raping girls with crucifixes, I always thought that raping involved a man/men penetrating a girl or boy forcefully, so please explain exactally what you meant so please explain"
Kelpie03 is a nutter....

Holy shit. I can't believe it....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People always try to debate the Devil and Jesus trying to moralize but it doesn't take much to have good intention.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol " some" which is not all true? Love the constant downplay what's not true that I've said?
I do a lot of work for the eldeily, the sick and the poor, so most of the week I tied up, so you'll have to wait for next Sunday, because thats the day I have alocated or God, in the mean time just continue to stew up as much hate as you can.
In case you burn yourself out hating the Catholic Church you may be able to find some other institution toe hate, because inadequate people all need to have someone to hate.
BTW can you name any Priests other than Rigdale who has been convicted of paedipholia, and how many Priests their are in Austra1lia.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of work for the eldeily, the sick and the poor, so most of the week I tied up, so you'll have to wait for next Sunday, because thats the day I have alocated or God, in the mean time just continue to stew up as much hate as you can.
In case you burn yourself out hating the Catholic Church you may be able to find some other institution toe hate, because inadequate people all need to have someone to hate.
BTW can you name any Priests other than Rigdale who has been convicted of paedipholia, and how many Priests their are in Austra1lia.
Why just Australia ? It's a world wide institute? And are the conviction numbers a true reflection of decades apon decades of abuse dealt out by the church?
Nah it's just that shit of a catholic Church I despise unfortunately I was baptised into that shit so , I continue to hate it .
Still deflecting I see , you are a dodgeball champion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Here's a list of Australian Catholic priests convicted of sex offences up to 2011, with 41 convicted and serving time, 9 convicted with custodial sentences, 14 convicted who served no time, and 5 who committed suicide before they could be officially convicted.

Of course there has been more since the 2011.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
May 2019, Father Vincent Ryan, who had previously served 14 years in jail for sex abusing for abusing 34 boys from 1973 to 1991, was jailed for at least 14 months for sex abuse he committed against two altar boys
Father Peter Lewis Comensoli and Brother Michael Evans had been involved in the sexual abuse of boys.Comensoli was jailed

Kevin Francis Phillips, similarly, pleaded guilty in a Sydney District Court on 3 December 2010 to four counts of gross indecency with a child under the age of 18

2010, Kelvin Gerald Sharkey, 83, was sentenced in the Wollongong District Court to at least 15 months' jail for sexually abusing an altar boy on three occasion

Can I stop now? This is very tireing, and before you try to brush numbers off
4,756 reported claims to Catholic Church authorities
That's a lot of covering up and a lot of preists died before conviction, but twist it a way you feel comfortable with so you can sleep at night,
Should we go through world figures?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a list of Australian Catholic priests convicted of sex offences up to 2011, with 41 convicted and serving time, 9 convicted with custodial sentences, 14 convicted who served no time, and 5 who committed suicide before they could be officially convicted.

Of course there has been more since the 2011.

But but ....the old lady gave kids off bread shouldn't that balance it out?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's one scary point. At Corpus Christi College where one famous offender (Wilfred Baker) attended, they had 378 priests go through the college. Of those 378 priests, 14 were eventually convicted of child sexual abuse and another 4 were awaiting trial when they died before being convicted. That's nearly 4% of all the priests that went to that college.

This is an anomoly though as it's much higher than the average. But most colleges have at least 1 convicted offender.

Side note, if you're wondering what happened to Wilfred Baker, he was convicted of a large amout of offences. They found that he pretty much abused several kids in every place he served. His conviction gave him only 4 years in prison. But he was facing several other charges, but died in his sleep before they went to court.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said bro!

I got no problem with people of other faiths or Athiests that don’t believe in God. Each to their own. But when people use these Christian phonies to try and demonstrate that Christianity is fake then it’s purely a copp out! Some people need to realize this is the internet where millions can read this page. Some of the people who read this page may be Christians. It’s just a lack of respect towards others and is a reflection of themselves. No doubt it’s an opportunity to put people of faith down. A cheap shot behind a keyboard. There are a few non-believers on here who genuinely debate without putting anyone down and they show respect to others like Dogna88 to name one for example.
Mate, I don't honestly give a rats about that or anything that has brain-washed you against Christianity. I am a practicing Christian, and will be until the day I die. If those people have done wrong in some way, then God will judge them. I practice my faith for the genuine, good reason. All these bad stories you continue to post are not going to change my way of life... so if you're getting happy by posting these, then good for you.
Fellows I have never denied or ran from what a few bad Priests have done in the past, however as Hacky McAxe, pointed out from one college of the 378 Priests that went through it less tan 4% wer convicted of sexual abuse. I would agree that even .000000001 would be far to many and still very disappointing.
It's possible that those convictions did not all involve the more serious act of sodomy, some may have been for fondling (still ofensive btw)
What I find amazing is that the anti Catholic haters are are so derermined to maintain their hate, that it would be impossible for them to ever reconise the dedication the other 96%, who dedicated their lives for the service of God, and made the very difficult sacrifice of living a celibant life.
What is also amazing is that our leading haters have said that they were origionally baptized Catholic, what a pity that by throwing out Christianity they have thrown out everything Jesus taught, and more importantly refused to reconise what he did while on earth, perhaps they might be afraid that their might be a hell, and to escape that fear they have turned their hate onto the institution that alertered them of hell, in effect they did what the ostriches do.
As for the so called massive coverups by the Church, I have spoken to a Bishop, who all told me that the records show that as far as he was aware the kids only complained after they had become adults, this makes sence because I have a Sister who is a laywer and works for raped women and she told me just how hard it was to get raped women to talk.
As for the Paediphile Priests like all Paedophiles keep their deeds secret, but (sickly south of heaven) would have every one believe that, all the Church Leaders were in on it as if the Paedophile Priests were shouting their evile deeds from the roof tops.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You better ask (sickly south of heaven) about that, I was only refering to what he posted.
Kelpie03 is a nutter....

Holy shit. I can't believe it....
So anyone who disagrees with you is a nutter, great words from a very intelegent person.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While in hospital for my knee surgery I was placed in the unenviable environment of having nothing but commercial TV to watch and there was a channel I could not stop watching, SBN - SonLife Broadcasting Network. Never in all my days have I seen such a well organised, well presented con specifically aimed to extract funds from their viewership. Everything was for sale, prays were for sale, blessings were for sale, to get your email read on TV was, yup guessed it, for sale. While watching they were running a "fund raiser" to get an extension to a runway at a private airstrip so one of the pastors could land his brand new private jet which could no longer land on the old runways as they were too short. Yes, you read that correctly.

People were sending in $100, $200 up to $2000 and their email would be read out loud - "Paul from Ohio sent us $200 and asked that we pray for the chronic pain in his back to go away", The one reading the email would close her eye's for 2 secs and move onto the next email. That went on for hour after hour as more peoples donations and reasons were read out and I'm assuming the 2 sec eye close after each was the heartfelt pray for the requestor.

I sat and watched a round table bible discussion with Jimmy Swaggart and a bunch of equally white sycophants and one of the points they made while discussing the benefits of having their own private jets was they didn't have to share a long steel tube (airplane) with demons (the public) as they always want you to bless them and pray for them and well these pastors have far more important things to do and can't be held back from doing the lords work, like making more money.

It was televised grifting, so blatant, so unethical, so lacking morals and values, I starting laughing out loud and what these con-artists were saying, the nurse asked my to keep it down.

So there you are @Kelpie03 and @Wahesh, I sat and listened and watched these men of god and what I saw and heard simply reinforced my view that these religions are greed personified and nothing more than a money making con.
Another vey intelegent and unbiased post from you,
Having come on too our forum to either glote the fact that your club is doing well and ours is at the bottom, or to try to convert our fans over to yours, I would like to know how much success you've had so far.
(1) Yes you can glote about the fact that your club has been doing well while ours is struggling.
(2) As for converting over our fans, forget it, our fans stick by our club through thick and thin, this is what gives our club a soul. The so called fans of your club are all fair weather fans, (they go missing when the club is struggling), and always walk out early when they look like losing. now thats why your club has no soul.
YOU'D BETTER KEEP MALIGNING THE CHRISTIAN CHURCHES BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER BE A CHRISTIAN PERSON IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SOUL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its one thing for people to carry on like devout Christians and continually moralize but if they go about it the wrong way whats the point?
Doesn't encourage anyone.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You better ask (sickly south of heaven) about that, I was only refering to what he posted.
So anyone who disagrees with you is a nutter, great words from a very intelegent person.
You're the stupid fuck that tried to downplay rape go fuck yourself

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its one thing for people to carry on like devout Christians and continually moralize but if they go about it the wrong way whats the point?
Doesn't encourage anyone.
I realise that it is un Christian to go on the attack, as an example Jesus alowed to have himself crucified rather than fightback, which as God he could have done easily.
I chose to fight back back because the lies of the hate intoxitaded anti Christian people has had to much influence on the young, some one has to speak the truth.
Has sickly south of heave said anything balanced, if he did I must have missed it.