Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a white christmas this year...I'll be skiing on christmas day, which is nice because it means I get to avoid my mother lol.

Hmmm, christmas in an italian family is always food related. Nonna and I cooked for 4 days straight leading up to christmas last time around.

In general, I hate christmas. I work in a psychiatric unit, and christmas time is the preferred time of year for suicide attempts. To me, december 25 is another day. It's nothing special to me. Very very sad I know.

Not only that, I don't get along with my mother at all, so christmas day involves her trying to pick fights with me over cooking lunch, so dad and I sit on the front verandah, ignore her, and just get incredibly drunk...before midday lol. Him, my brothers and I always go to the beach after everyone's had a sleep.
As I said, christmas doesn't mean a lot to me...I tend to work on christmas day anyway.

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
What is your favourite thing about the lead up to Christmas?Doing the Christmas shopping for my mum and brother. they're the best thing in my life at the moment. Another thing, i used to hate putting the Christmas tree up, as i've gotten older i love it.

What does your family do?Christmas Eve dinner party at my place that we've been doing since my parents split up 15yrs ago. Christmas Day breakfast in Wollongong with mum's aunt's family.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Snow? Stuff that. Us Aussies have it the best. BBQ on a nice summer day, cold, cold beer from the esky and a swim is the best thing to do on the best day of the year. Forget -10 degrees and being stuck inside the house.

Give me an Aussie Christmas over anything in the world.
I would love to have a winter christmas once. And go tabogganing like in National Lampoons where he waxes it too much and it starts sparking ahahah

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Do you guys have houses in your area that do their houses with lights? Or know of any good areas to go to?

Can be anywhere in Sydney.
My area isn't that big on lights. I mean every couple of houses have them, but there is Pine Street in Rydalmere, Cumberland Road in Greystanes, Lugarno is always up there too.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My area isn't that big on lights. I mean every couple of houses have them, but there is Pine Street in Rydalmere, Cumberland Road in Greystanes, Lugarno is always up there too.
Nice. I remember Chipping Norton was THE place to be but apparently they stopped it? Council complained or something. Haven't been in a while.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was always one street culdersack in St clair that used to have GORGEOUS lights.

Most stopped after bastards cut the wires during the night >:(

Glenmore Park gets quite a few nice ones :grinning:

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Near my Aunt's old house in Bossley park the lights were good too, near Mary Immaculate School.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Near my Aunt's old house in Bossley park the lights were good too, near Mary Immaculate School.
LOL. My old Primary School.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
believe it or not theres a street in Punchbow, YES PUNCHBOWL , just off Wiggs rd.LOL. it has sum hectic lights. when I drive past night i always see people walking through the street admiring the lights

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't celebrate Christmas (duhh :p). Although most celebrate it with good intentions - I don't agree with it's origins.

Either way, it's always a beautiful time of the year - holidays! :D

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't celebrate Christmas (duhh :p). Although most celebrate it with good intentions - I don't agree with it's origins.

Either way, it's always a beautiful time of the year - holidays! :D
I agree, its origins are not something I choose to appreciate.

But as long as it makes people happy i gues!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the Christmas pagents we had at OLR primary school. Being in the choir naturally i often participated. Was so fun sitting with parents, talking about my homie jesus and watching fireworks and getting dressed up.
I would literally look forward to the pagent for MONTHS
Then the last few days of school, colouring in and making santas and trees etc :love:

Although i was never chosen for lead roles...only Mary Magdalene one year for easter rofl :(

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
I miss my old dance concerts at Christmas time.

I am going to see my old schools concert this weekend. So excited.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss my old dance concerts at Christmas time.

I am going to see my old schools concert this weekend. So excited.
Me too. My dance schools end-of-year concerts were the best. I miss them. :(

Out of all roles to land! LOL.
lol i know!
The slave whore.

Still. I rocked blue well and was honoured to play the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.