Opinion chris smith

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do we honestly think of chris smith? does he deserve a spot in the 17??

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was showing great signs at the end of last year and injury cut him down and ruined his moment to solidify his spot in our top 17.

He's literally a Dale Finucane clone. Tough as nails workhorse in the middle and normally fit as hell. Considering he's been out all season with injury, he's come back and played admirably.

Have never understood the dislike for him from some of the people here.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He played awesome in the all star game before getting injured. If he is still contracted with a full pre-season I think he will be a good bench forward for us next year, I also like him at 13 better than Elliot.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is big fast and tough. He was never going to be rock hard fit this season but he showed more in his 2nd game than a few others.

I can’t think of another backrower in our ranks that has the agility to score that try last night.

He is not young so next year will be his last chance to establish himself as an NRL player

I’m really looking forward to next weeks game against Penrith where our boys will be performing a live rehearsal in front of their new coach - that is actually a shit situation for the panthers because for a lot of reasons the team will be primed for a top performance.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
He was showing great signs at the end of last year and injury cut him down and ruined his moment to solidify his spot in our top 17.

He's literally a Dale Finucane clone. Tough as nails workhorse in the middle and normally fit as hell. Considering he's been out all season with injury, he's come back and played admirably.

Finucane Clone ? Fuck me dead. He isn't even close

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if this season might have been a major missed opportunity for Chris Smith. As a small forward with a bit of footy nouse, the single ref, 6 again, ball in play for more minutes conditions of 2020 would probably have favoured him. I reckon he is worth keeping around for a bit and seeing what he can bring under the new coaching setup, he wouldn't be costing us much.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a great try, he’s determined so why not .!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The thing about this forum these days is that players might actually be doing well here before they move on. But a big portion of posters here decide they're crap after a poor performance and refuse to see anything good they do until after they leave.

It's a bit like the phenomenon of happily breaking up with a girlfriend and then getting insanely jealous when you see her with someone else.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's a very good player. He was poor last week but it was first week back and it really shouldn't have been a surprise. Love his effort. Strong leg movement and never die attitude.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was regularly poking his nose through the defense, I liked his attitude and getting us on the front foot. He’s not a plodder, nuff said.
Hope he gets a preseason and a year under Barrett to prove himself

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries, you're welcome to feel that way.

Just remember, same shit was said about the likes of Finance until he was out the door.
The only similarity between the two is their jersey number. Smith would never be considered to be an origin calibre player.
He was decent in limited game time but I’d rate Elliott’s efforts better this season although he had a bigger sample size