Chris Cornell - R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad news.

Soundgarden were a huge part of the 90's grunge scene and I've been fortunate enough to see them twice, add to that his Audioslave career and his work on the Temple of the Dog album was fucking first rate.

What a bummer.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i second that, very sad news, always been a huge fan of soundgarden and anything 90's grunge. Superunknown i can just put on repeat and it never gets old.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard this today.
I must admit I had to look him up. But very sad nonetheless.
He's been involved in some really talented groups.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fark... absolutely floored by this news.

Soundgarden was a MASSIVE part of my upbringing along with Faith No More. Dragged me through some really difficult times.

He may be gone, but his performances will live on forever in music history.

This will hit the industry BIGTIME as he was the reason for some many bands today, and such a well respected performer.

Guys like Faith No More, System of a Down, Alterbridge.. will hit them hard.

Mark Tremonti 3h ago tweeted and is absolutely devestated as he saw them live the other night.

From memory he wasn't into drugs or booze, and drank coffee. I do often wonder though if constant years of thumping can cause heart issues.

This could well be one of those deaths like Dave from Drowning Pool... underlying issue that one day reared it's ugly head :(

Rest peacefully Chris.

I've seen them live countless times and they were always brilliant

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From memory he wasn't into drugs or booze, [/QUOTE]

He was sober for a good while but. Had a few decades of drug and booze addictions

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember hearing Jesus Christ Pose when I was a kid and thought "this is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard". That and Tool's sober were the only two songs that ever really blew me away the first time I heard them.

Massive influence for me when I was younger. Sad to see him go.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP Chris. I'm devastated he was my favourite singer. Been a Soundgarden fan from their 1st album. Seen Soundgarden 3 times Audioslave once & one of his solo shows. He had problems with the booze in the past but he was sober & one of the hardest working artist around. Has a young family also find it hard to comprehend that he would commit suicide.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah this is what doesn't make sense to me, though the black dog / cloud doesn't discriminate.

Unless it was accidental suicide..
by all reports he didn't give any reason for people to think he'd suicide. Maybe it was accidental

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah this is what doesn't make sense to me, though the black dog / cloud doesn't discriminate.

Unless it was accidental suicide..
Sadly no. He performed in Detroit then hung himself in the hotel room after the show :(

So sad.

RIP.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

His last song & he breaks into 'in my time of dying' by led zeppelin. So sad, seems even his wife didn't know the struggles he was going through.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Coroner confirms suicide by hanging.

:(

Only question that remains is, is this another Michael Hutchence type incident, or deliberate.

So many other ways to suicide, I don't understand why you'd pick hanging.
The set list photo has them playing Behind the Wheel as the encore, the fact he changed it to in my time of dying i think might say it all :( very eerie coincidence if that wasn't his intentions.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I'm really struggling with this today. Like many others I'm sure, I had some really shit times growing up and even now and Cornell was always my go to. I actually rate his first solo album in my top 3 albums ever. I've been listening to him on repeat and I'm just fucking devastated.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So bloody sad, Loved him in Soundgarden and Audioslave but his solo acoustic album Songbook is something special. His voice is stirring.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So bloody sad, Loved him in Soundgarden and Audioslave but his solo acoustic album Songbook is something special. His voice is stirring.
I saw his solo show for songbook and it was fucking amazing. One of the most moving concerts I've been too

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was meant to see him at The Opera House but things didn't work out due to various reasons.

Songbook is the thing I listen to the most, Has the classics, his new stuff and covers. The blokes voice sends shivers

Status
Not open for further replies.