Chris Anderson's Influence

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A few people saying the Admin in a heap now as majority of decisions revolved around Opes.

I'm asking was he that instrumental an influence on the new Board.

Was Steve Price appointed to his position to fill the void?

Is Chris still involved? Especially as his wife is Chairman surely he has regular participation in matters around the place? He is such a dominating character it is hard to imagine he is not having some input.

His business failure does not preclude having a "casual" association does it?

As an aside....we haven't heard much from Steve Price.

Anyone know the make up of our Retention and Recruitment Committee these days?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From a decision making point. Having both Anderson's in agreement on choices might make it just a little more straightforward getting the go ahead on things. But I honestly don't think that the lack of action we're seeing from the outside means that the board aren't busy doing their job.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
While Lynne is still on the board Opes will still have a massive input he just isn't a board member.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a very astute rugby league mind and his thoughts would still be very much welcomed.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he would have an input around discussions on all matters. He is married to the boss . They surely discuss all matters at home each night..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A few people saying the Admin in a heap now as majority of decisions revolved around Opes.

I'm asking was he that instrumental an influence on the new Board.

Was Steve Price appointed to his position to fill the void?

Is Chris still involved? Especially as his wife is Chairman surely he has regular participation in matters around the place? He is such a dominating character it is hard to imagine he is not having some input.

His business failure does not preclude having a "casual" association does it?

As an aside....we haven't heard much from Steve Price.

Anyone know the make up of our Retention and Recruitment Committee these days?
I'm certain that he has a few of Lynne's strings on his fingers mate, and to be honest I'm comfortable with having him on board.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Chair Lynne Anderson also looked forward to what Steve Price would bring:

“I’m thrilled that Pricey has decided to join our revamped Football Department. One of our goals as a new Board was to attract the best talent, both on and off the field. Steve has undeniable high performance experience and importantly will bring his blue and white passion to this role. While on the Board he has helped shape the long term strategy around rebuilding our club and I could also see he had a growing excitement around where we are heading. Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA."

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He stepped down from the board to distance the club from his own financial problems. Wasn't it reported that people were owed money or something and he denied any wrongdoing ?

It's was a shame as he had a lot of experience in negotiating with players / agents. While he can obviously speak to his wife at home and maybe other directors around the club as he resigned his position he can't actively negotiate with players and their managers on the club's behalf you would think. Lynne Anderson, Price, Hill, Dunn etc lack experience in these kinds of negotiations unfortunately.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he would have an input around discussions on all matters. He is married to the boss . They surely discuss all matters at home each night..
Yes you’re spot on mate
She would get home and they would be discussing all things bulldogs
He’d be on the plonk and Lynne cracking a few VB’s
In all seriousness of course Chris has an input
How could he not.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a very astute rugby league mind and his thoughts would still be very much welcomed.
His probably up there with Bennett, Gould and Mal if not better.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
His probably up there with Bennett, Gould and Mal if not better.
Yep I remember at one stage he took up coaching an Welsh rugby union cellar dweller team and they either made the semis or had the best season in decades, he was a big reason I was behind the new board but now he's gone....

yeah he did bring in the single marker which was a failure but atleast he wasn't scared to think outside the box and try something other than the robotic crap we get now, as for his business dealings that has nothing to do with his football brains

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep I remember at one stage he took up coaching an Welsh rugby union cellar dweller team and they either made the semis or had the best season in decades, he was a big reason I was behind the new board but now he's gone....

yeah he did bring in the single marker which was a failure but atleast he wasn't scared to think outside the box and try something other than the robotic crap we get now, as for his business dealings that has nothing to do with his football brains
Had a great footy career both playing and coaching. A Bulldogs icon.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the same chris anderson that ran a highly talented roosters roster and department into a an absolute joke with his one marker crap while he worked on his golf game, he was good, but that was his last harrah many years ago, what has he done since besides ploughing bullfrogs daughter that deserves any recognition ?
Dont get yourselves wrong, that useless prick cost us api over 40 grand. He was gone 5 days later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He and kevin put there bussiness beyond a joke without even knowing it,
Probably working on there golf game again.
Bulldog icons dont mean best bussiness men for the job.
The facts and recent history are a pretty obvious result in my books

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just proves that our cap was complete utter mess over inflated salaries..

next year is gonna be the year We have to be active come mid next year with the bulk of this current squad off contract decisions will be made and they can recruit the correct players

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can he coach or play halfback? Lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this the same chris anderson that ran a highly talented roosters roster and department into a an absolute joke with his one marker crap while he worked on his golf game, he was good, but that was his last harrah many years ago, what has he done since besides ploughing bullfrogs daughter that deserves any recognition ?
Dont get yourselves wrong, that useless prick cost us api over 40 grand. He was gone 5 days later.
You need a break from TK...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
20 plus years ago maybe.
Not now.
Takes Chris half an hour now to figure out the coffee machine in the morning.

Last edited: