Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Chooks eye back

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chooks eye back
The Roosters are in the market for an outside back and one player they are taking an interest in is Corey Allan. He is a more than capable winger and fullback but he has not found his feet at the Bulldogs.
Fucking awesome. I completely forget about this waste of space. I was against signing this plodder from the beginning. $450K for Allen. Fuck you Baz

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how much we'll end up contributing. He isn't worth much more than minimum wage. I think it'd be better if a bottom team came in for him.
Yup, the main problem with him is he is on too much. He is a decent enough backup player, good for 5 to 10 games a season because of inevitable injuries.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett’s rockstar fullback but in reality a backup winger/centre. Solid player not enough pace to be a serious backline option, horribly overpaid another knee jerk pickup.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason roosters would take him is if we paid half his contract which is what he is worth. Hopefully he is gone.

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they take him at full freight he’s available immediately

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think this might be the worst of Trent Barret’s signings. Did he even play at all this year, plus 500k for an outside back is horrible for the cap. In 2021 his defense with Hopoate on that edge was painful to witness. All our points were scored on that edge. Hopoate was fucking garbage but Allan also piled onto it. Weilder covers the Dogs alot now and it wouldn’t be way off from the truth with Gus working with him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. I find it hard to believe they'd be seriously interested, especially with their options in the backline.
Can't see Roosters paying anywhere near what his current contract is - only incentive for Allan is that he may play for less in 23 if they offer him a two year contract meaning the Dogs dont have to chip in as much.

I assume a lot of deals will be signed off once NOV 1 ticks over and the NRL finalise a salary cap number

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we chip in 150, that leaves us with 350k ... do it..