CHN & OKUNBOR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should have tried to sneak this into the news cycle on Monday afternoon when they suspended the comp.

Now the dust has settled with that the media are going to have nothing to report so when the punishments get released its going to be everywhere in the NRL media.

Surely it wouldn't knock the bat flu off the main headlines but you never know with the Dogs!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone knows who is handing out the suspension. My opinion is the club and I don’t think it comes under the same rules of suspension for drug cheating, betting on games, foul play or a criminal matter. This is a workplace misconduct issue with the Bulldogs.
Club sets the punishment. NRL will step in if it feels the punishment is too light.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL really needs cash right now, so fines is even more attractive than they were last week.
The show cause response was due yesterday, haven’t heard about a further delay, so can only assume the NRL have them and are considering their response. Might take a while, it’s not like the NRL have nothing else going on.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were supposed to hear something today, maybe they were buying time for the season to be suspended and hoping everyone forgets about it?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL really needs cash right now, so fines is even more attractive than they were last week.
The show cause response was due yesterday, haven’t heard about a further delay, so can only assume the NRL have them and are considering their response. Might take a while, it’s not like the NRL have nothing else going on.

Go Dogs
I think we are not gonna hear anything until the NRL re-opens.
Didn't Greenburg say that the NRL has closed and all staff have been asked to take Annual Leave?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are not gonna hear anything until the NRL re-opens.
Didn't Greenburg say that the NRL has closed and all staff have been asked to take Annual Leave?
Pretty much shut down and yes I agree, bigger priorities at Belmore and Moore Park right now. I doubt this will be forgotten and will be addressed in due course...

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much shut down and yes I agree, bigger priorities at Moore Park right now. I doubt this will be forgotten and will be addressed in due course...
No doubt that the NRL and our management have some very serious issues at hand,
I just wonder if someone within our club didn’t pass on the verdict and possible punishment
Can you imagine the stress of not knowing the outcome of this saga at least from within for possibly six months

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If the NRL are lucky enough to get going again they will wipe the slate clean. No-way are they storing the grudge until after this is played out.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have to conclude this.
It’s not fair to leave them hanging for 6 months.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to conclude this.
It’s not fair to leave them hanging for 6 months.
That’s exactly what I was saying earlier on mate,
These guys couldn’t have this on their plate for 6 months surely
It was already extended and that date has come and gone
Perhaps our management passed it on very quietly

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were supposed to hear something today, maybe they were buying time for the season to be suspended and hoping everyone forgets about it?
The media grubs forget about something negative pertaining to the Dogs? Not likely!

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should have tried to sneak this into the news cycle on Monday afternoon when they suspended the comp.

Now the dust has settled with that the media are going to have nothing to report so when the punishments get released its going to be everywhere in the NRL media.

Surely it wouldn't knock the bat flu off the main headlines but you never know with the Dogs!
I’m sure the Telegraph will try and blame the Bulldogs for the corona virus somehow.