CHN has disrespected the club

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see CHN has sent a video apologising to the club and its really annoyed me to see our players congratulating him on his move on it? Yes he has apologised and he admitted to losing us a major sponsor and derailing our season before it had begun. However he has still left us high and dry, he can clearly see how much we are struggling this year and even after all he did he has just left the club. Instead of helping the boys whos season he derailed he has just jumped ship , I appreciate he had issues with the club however the club were annoyed and rightly so. We have only now just got a major sponsor after 11 rounds, I just believe he owed the club after what he did and I also believe our players should be spewing he has left us whilst we are down and they shouldnt be congratulating him. Nobody is bigger than our club, CHN could of atleast finished the year and tried to help fix a mess he was certainly a part of.
I can only think as to why he suddenly had the motivation to apologize NOW???
This ain't an apology to make us Bulldogs fans feel better, nor his team mates or the Club.... This is all about one Mr CHN and nobody else.
This is simply to make himself feel better because if he really wanted to apologies to us - he would have done that whilst at the club and begged us for forgiveness and to let him stay and prove himself.
And if he was sorry to the club, he just would have stayed.
I also think those little demons in his head might think his apology will deflect all those curses that Bulldogs fans might put on him when they see him in lime green & keep him safe from injury>

Well Mr CHN... as they say in show biz buddy, BREAK A LEG!!!

(Oh, I almost forgot - you & Ricky deserve each other)

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see CHN has sent a video apologising to the club and its really annoyed me to see our players congratulating him on his move on it? Yes he has apologised and he admitted to losing us a major sponsor and derailing our season before it had begun. However he has still left us high and dry, he can clearly see how much we are struggling this year and even after all he did he has just left the club. Instead of helping the boys whos season he derailed he has just jumped ship , I appreciate he had issues with the club however the club were annoyed and rightly so. We have only now just got a major sponsor after 11 rounds, I just believe he owed the club after what he did and I also believe our players should be spewing he has left us whilst we are down and they shouldnt be congratulating him. Nobody is bigger than our club, CHN could of atleast finished the year and tried to help fix a mess he was certainly a part of.
The apology would have been a requirement from the NRL, I reckon. Plus it helps him come to Canberra with a "clean" image, having apologised, and put it all behind him.

What is his punishment? He gets all his back pay, and goes to a new contract with last year's GF contender.

Hope he enjoys the cold weather training down there.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN is an irresponsible person that is always on the run away from his own mistakes / problems, he did it at Penrith and now at Canterbury, yes he was let down by our management but two wrongs doesn't make right...You can't runway away from problems !!!
The worrying and alarming situation is the players reactions...
Their open support to CHN after what he has done could only interpret dissatisfaction with the management...Bad news !!!
Reminder to CHN...What goes around comes around buddy !!!

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems particularly hurtful atm to have not only one in CHN, but now that other scumbag $BW, both in the headlines under our noses and highlighting the bad luck we've had with player management and outcomes (one way or another).

Let's hope that kind of disloyalty and sensationalism is all in the past with our future players and it's just their footy we are talking about.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your thoughts, they are really interesting. I'd suggest that we probably shouldn't read too much into the players general reaction. The club is always going to present itself as being player friendly in cases like CHN, because doing anything else just makes it harder to recruit in future. There were rumours flying around about Cotric that he was not all that happy to sign with us, and even if those rumours are fictional, the club is still going to be sensitive to that. So it was always going to publicly play nice in terms of waving goodbye to CHN. Any of our players who hope to get re-signed by the club and/or is hoping the club can land a couple of key players to make the team more competitive is going to fall into line with that.

Though the club and players have to play it careful, we as fans have the luxury of blurting out whatever the hell we want, with no repercussions about whether we are right or wrong. I'm with all fans who tell it like it is with CHN, he was selfish, he cost the club, and then he cut and ran like a coward.

It is interesting to have a look through the raiders forum, they are mixed about picking up CHN. Some of them are stuck in the 1970s and think that the only thing that matters about a football player is what they do on the field, which is manifestly not true as proven by CHN and OK and plenty of others (if Barba had been playing in the 70s he'd be still playing, but today even a Dally M medal winner can be sacked from the game). Others are completely against CHN, they don't like what he did, and they fear the same thing happening at their club. Others are mixed, they welcome what he can do on the field, but they are worried about what he will do off the field, they hope the club can keep a rein on him, and there is quite a few mentions of the Curtis Scott incident. Also, some are mentioning that CHN moved on both from Penriff and Bulldogs, and see him as a selfish journeyman.

Fact is where ever CHN ends up in future some people are going to be unhappy and some are going to be concerned. Of course next time he gets anywhere near a blue and white jersey there will be a bunch of people cheering for him to get belted, but after the game I expect all our players to shake him by the hand.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice no mention from Buzz Rothfield that Dogs did the right thing from the start

Malla

Reaction score
Lol he’s shit house
Good luck raiders

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Wanted CHN to stay,but after the way he handled his re-instatement,I'm seriously glad he's gone.
No remorse,to the club or his team-mates.
No contrition or apology or admission that he did anything wrong and put his struggling Club,team and fellow players under the pump.
All I heard was a whinge from him about how hard done by he was.
Well good luck in Canberra mate.
Can't think of a better club for you to fit in to.

Malla

Reaction score
Wanted CHN to stay,but after the way he handled his re-instatement,I'm seriously glad he's gone.
No remorse,to the club or his team-mates.
No contrition or apology or admission that he did anything wrong and put his struggling Club,team and fellow players under the pump.
All I heard was a whinge from him about how hard done by he was.
Well good luck in Canberra mate.
Can't think of a better club for you to fit in to.
He’s a selfish flog. Only cared about himself and not what he put the team and his teammates through. Fucking gronk of a bloke

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs gave CHN only one chance when he joined the club, He used it up and i can understand why the dogs never backed him. CHN brought his issues to the dogs now taking them to Raiders. They can have him. It was a gamble the dogs took now his gone. only his mate DWZ has to sort himself out or he will be on his way as well.

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a man baby, has a cry cos the board didn’t cuddle him enough.