CHN and Okunbor de-registered

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's my line.
My question was based on what we do know as at today, what is the difference?
Personally I don't see any.
If someone comes up that we don't know (in either case) it may change that, but right now I don't see any difference in the offence but there sure as hell is a difference in the punishment.

Go Dogs
Didn't mean to steal your line :-)
I'm not speculating on anything other than there must be information that is not in the public domain.
I simply don't believe the outcome was some sort of cavalier approach from the NRL/Bulldogs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the difference between CHN and Pearce? Chatted up on social media, met in a public place of legal age and taken back to a club paid for room while attending a club event.

Noting that CHN was not included in school visit promotion.

Go Dogs
Completely understand the comparisons to past incidents as it does give us a little more insight into how clubs and the NRL have dealt with things in the past. Without knowing anything about the Mitchel incident I can't really comment, but I've got no doubt on paper it seems as tho as the players have been hard done by.

From a personal viewpoint I think too many people are looking to make these comparisons though. Even tho the NRL handed down the punishment, our club made the decision. This isn't about NRL favouritism but our club choosing a path and sticking too it.

We can all agree to disagree whether the club is doing the right thing here, but comparing punishments to other clubs doesnt really highlight anything other than that each club has their own principles and values, with their own approaches and outcomes.

So why did Mitchel get off but these guys not? Who knows

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its not what you do , it's who you do it with

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In a similar vein not unlike the Israel situation, I just don't understand why they need to sensationalise and make it bigger than it is.

Tell me why they couldn't just do this?

penalise the players in the form of 10% of their salary this year is deducted. Do it in the form of signing new contracts 10% less so we have some more cap pocket money this season and suspend them for one week.

you can't tell me hitting their pocket won't sting them hard and make them have a good look at themselves.

Well at least save CHN.

we need to be pragmatic like other clubs when handing out punishment and take into account he is our best player. It's why Carnwy got away with so much, and a few other stars over the years.

the way it's played out there are no winners. A simple heavy fine could have been enough.

'two players took girls to their room so we have deducted ten percent of their salary.

even if we did that, there would no doubt be peopel here saying that was harsh.

also one final point.
The feninazis are cool with this. There is no outrage from anywhere this time.
They have taken the line that bitches fuck who they want and are free.
So why are we tripping over ourselves to make this an issue? The harder we come down in these guys, the more negative attention. PLAY IT DOWN!!!!
You sure do like talking about Israel mate. Didn't realise that is such a hot topic to generate debate on here. Smart!