CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can you know the punishment was based on outrage when you don’t know the details?
Just because I don't know the details of CHN's case does not mean there was no outrage around the situation as a whole, which is why I am saying would CHN have been de-registered for his actions if not associated with Jayden's?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Chn has done nothing illegal. Maybe very horny behaviour but not illegal compared to the other players in the league that have been given the ok to play the game.

In sure in time we will get the story from the msm.
GO MAX! ❌

:-)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because I don't know the details of CHN's case does not mean there was no outrage around the situation as a whole, which is why I am saying would CHN have been de-registered for his actions if not associated with Jayden's?
Well yes it does because without the whole details how can you judge if the outrage is valid or not?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well yes it does because without the whole details how can you judge if the outrage is valid or not?

That's what I am thinking. There was outrage towards Jayden because though we might not have the specifics, we know enough to see what happened there, but as I have been saying, it appears CHN copped the same punishment in a situation where it may have been different for him if it weren't for Jayden

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking. There was outrage towards Jayden because though we might not have the specifics, we know enough to see what happened there, but as I have been saying, it appears CHN copped the same punishment in a situation where it may have been different for him if it weren't for Jayden
I can see where you’re coming and if CHN has done what’s claimed in the media the he has been dealt with harshly. Taking into consideration that they have the same punishment it could be a indication that their offences could be more similar then we know about. I have no idea and it’s just a thought and it’s one of those things we are never likely to have clarified.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view, both of them breached the NRL Players Code of Conduct (by bringing females back to their rooms). The question as I see it is, is that a “very serious breach”. In comparison to other breaches (we all know about them) I would say not. They are relatively minor compared to wife beating, random violence, high range drink driving etc. Without any other knowledge I think they both have a good case, as I have posted many times the punishment doesn’t appear to fit the crime. So unless there are other undisclosed breaches they may well be vindicated, which is what many of us have been saying since day 1.

Go Dogs

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My view, both of them breached the NRL Players Code of Conduct (by bringing females back to their rooms). The question as I see it is, is that a “very serious breach”. In comparison to other breaches (we all know about them) I would say not. They are relatively minor compared to wife beating, random violence, high range drink driving etc. Without any other knowledge I think they both have a good case, as I have posted many times the punishment doesn’t appear to fit the crime. So unless there are other undisclosed breaches they may well be vindicated, which is what many of us have been saying since day 1.

Go Dogs
Mitchell Pearce brought a woman back to his room during Origin camp a few years ago. He wasn't deregistered.

Where was Toddy's outrage then?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Replied to other thread about this but see debate is stronger here. Hard for anyone to know anything really as the details are so scarce. JO and CHN well within their rights to appeal, and good luck to them with it. Everything has to be done correctly so I don't think appeal should be a surprise to the club or NRL.

Am I right in understanding that this will be done behind closed doors so unless the players start trying to play this through the media, we won't find out the details?

A

Alexander the Great

The way that lawyer's work you can always expert the worst....

The will do anything to win especially in a situation like this. And the media wont say no to dirt being given to them especially if they lift the lid on other players and behavior that has been covered up.

It will be dirty no doubt but you can expect that when you fire someone in this current climate and no source for a income.

We have made the call and now we have to stick with our guns.

Replied to other thread about this but see debate is stronger here. Hard for anyone to know anything really as the details are so scarce. JO and CHN well within their rights to appeal, and good luck to them with it. Everything has to be done correctly so I don't think appeal should be a surprise to the club or NRL.

Am I right in understanding that this will be done behind closed doors so unless the players start trying to play this through the media, we won't find out the details?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will all be played out behind closed doors and I think the only thing we will hear about it is if its successful or unsuccessful.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will all be played out behind closed doors and I think the only thing we will hear about it is if its successful or unsuccessful.
Thank you. Appeciate that. So all the speculation on here, tho.expected, is baseless. All we know is that both players clearly stepped over the line and both our club and NRL acted accordingly. Let's wait and see the outcome. Do you have any idea how long the process will take?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But even by this logic, they positioned themselves as the family club who are loyal to their own!
In February, someone posted an article here about Drew Hill, how he was boasting how he sold Thompson the family spirit and we will support a homie, blood before dishonour and all that Jazz.

then they hung CHN and the other bloke with meat hooks on the side of the road Wuhan style over a minor indiscretion.

They are hypocritical and having sent the wrong message out here. Toddberg understood this when he was with us and went to bat whenever possible. He ended up with the Top job in the nrl after.

Pic your battles
Too right mate, that family club spin is all bullshit now...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Appeciate that. So all the speculation on here, tho.expected, is baseless. All we know is that both players clearly stepped over the line and both our club and NRL acted accordingly. Let's wait and see the outcome. Do you have any idea how long the process will take?
I have no idea how long it will take but I doubt it will drag on too long. It depends if the players are just having a throw at the stumps hoping it gets reduced or if they have been completely wronged and have new information.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce brought a woman back to his room during Origin camp a few years ago. He wasn't deregistered.

Where was Toddy's outrage then?
Probably because it wasn't a school girl and wasn't attached to a sanctioned visit by an NRL club to the school.
I'm not saying what Pearce did was OK (if that happened) - likely there was some contravention of rules - but in the same category?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea how long it will take but I doubt it will drag on too long. It depends if the players are just having a throw at the stumps hoping it gets reduced or if they have been completely wronged and have new information.
The media article said the matter would be considered 'over the next few weeks' - but I tend to agree it won't be dragged on for too long.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Too right mate, that family club spin is all bullshit now...
In a similar vein not unlike the Israel situation, I just don't understand why they need to sensationalise and make it bigger than it is.

Tell me why they couldn't just do this?

penalise the players in the form of 10% of their salary this year is deducted. Do it in the form of signing new contracts 10% less so we have some more cap pocket money this season and suspend them for one week.

you can't tell me hitting their pocket won't sting them hard and make them have a good look at themselves.

Well at least save CHN.

we need to be pragmatic like other clubs when handing out punishment and take into account he is our best player. It's why Carnwy got away with so much, and a few other stars over the years.

the way it's played out there are no winners. A simple heavy fine could have been enough.

'two players took girls to their room so we have deducted ten percent of their salary.

even if we did that, there would no doubt be peopel here saying that was harsh.

also one final point.
The feninazis are cool with this. There is no outrage from anywhere this time.
They have taken the line that bitches fuck who they want and are free.
So why are we tripping over ourselves to make this an issue? The harder we come down in these guys, the more negative attention. PLAY IT DOWN!!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably because it wasn't a school girl and wasn't attached to a sanctioned visit by an NRL club to the school.
I'm not saying what Pearce did was OK (if that happened) - likely there was some contravention of rules - but in the same category?
What's the difference between CHN and Pearce? Chatted up on social media, met in a public place of legal age and taken back to a club paid for room while attending a club event.

Noting that CHN was not included in school visit promotion.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What's the difference between CHN and Pearce? Chatted up on social media, met in a public place of legal age and taken back to a club paid for room while attending a club event.

Noting that CHN was not included in school visit promotion.

Go Dogs
We don't know what we don't know - that's the difference.
We don't even yet know if CHN plans to appeal the outcome.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't know what we don't know - that's the difference.
We don't even yet know if CHN plans to appeal the outcome.
That's my line.
My question was based on what we do know as at today, what is the difference?
Personally I don't see any.
If something comes up that we don't know (in either case) it may change that, but right now I don't see any difference in the offence but there sure as hell is a difference in the punishment.

Go Dogs

Last edited: