CHN and Okunbor de-registered

A

Alexander the Great

Corey will win. Ive spoken to a lawyer friend and he has said that its unfair dismissal. When you put his case against the other players allowed to play it looks good for him.

The fact the club has also had another play charged* by police for a offence and was was allowed to play it not good either.

Cockinballs is in trouble. His matter is black and white. I agree he should have been punished but Corey nothing more than a fine and a few games out of action.
it would be interesting to see what would happen if they decided to fight this decision in the courts

A

Alexander the Great

Exactly why this lawyer i spoke to said Corey has a case and he could take it to court.

Too bad he is a dragons supporter and said fuck us
Yeah, break the law and you're sweet, break nrlol rules and you're fucked.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can they be re-signed with us after they get their player registrations back?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can they be re-signed with us after they get their player registrations back?
Yeah they can defiantly come back to us Jake Friend got de-registed in 2010 I think it was and went back to the Chooks.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good riddance to these two boofheads. Players continue to think the rules don’t apply to them. These two cost the club millions of dollars. Anyone considering legal action should be cautious because as a result of their breach they could be sued by the club for the lost sponsorships.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There were definitely mistakes made on Mad Monday.
I don't think Deano should've been there for one and although letting off steam after a long season with a few beers is fine, when it was escalating they should've toned it down, regardless of it being a private function, it's still a pub and they also should've anticipated the grubby tabloids would be lurking for a Mad Monday story.
Seems lessons were learned, there was no 2019 Mad Monday function sanctioned by the club, so whatever the players got up to privately no-one knows.
Obviously someone leaked the venue etc as well, so that just made the whole thing target rich, even though Elliott and Fine took it too far getting the kit off.
The Evil empire NRL, controlled by News Ltd & PBL Can not and should not be trusted.
I remember this little incident back in 2008 at the first forum held by the new CEO Todd Greenturd, At its conclusion I was mingling with others
and a board member...I said Todd's vision for the club is great but we have problems !
The board member asked...What is that ?
I replied...The media, especially News Ltd
He replied...Don't worry they are our friends now
Ironically positive stories about us emerged from News Ltd three that week, sadly it lasted until Greenturd left...WHY !!!
Or is it the case...A leopard never changes its spots !!!

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory time:

Lyn and co. realise that while it's a really bad look, Okunbor and CHN haven't done anything illegal. Meanwhile, NRL has to shutdown due to the 'rona being everywhere and is haemorrhaging money. So they thought 'you know what? let's be smart and go super hard here. We'll say that we've had discussions with the NRL and we're required by them to take a hard line against this breach of the NRL code of conduct. We get to look like the good guys 'cause we're coming out hard and no-one really cares because the sport itself has bigger things to deal with. But if the boys want to appeal de-registration, they'll have a decent chance against the NRL and it looks bad on the administration because of what they've done with Matt Lodge, Russell Packer, Tyrone May...not evening counting Duges, Fergo, Nate Myles, Monaghan, Pearce, etc.'

Okunbor and CHN probably come out ahead through settlement and will get reinstated, meaning Dogs can pick them up again later while saving cap space and salary now. This is all while Greenburg has his own issues going on with paycuts, revenue streams being lost and bad press over his own mediocre pay cut compared to the players.

conclusion: 'doing a Folau' against Raelene Greenburg. win/win

(dreams are free right?)

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So, should I hold my breath for Maika Sivo to be de-registered by the NRL seeing as he, you know, actually got CHARGED by Fijian police? Probably not, since he played us on the same day he was supposed to be in court answering those charges How about all the other ACTUAL law-breakers??? Absolute rubbish, particularly for CHN!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory time:

Lyn and co. realise that while it's a really bad look, Okunbor and CHN haven't done anything illegal. Meanwhile, NRL has to shutdown due to the 'rona being everywhere and is haemorrhaging money. So they thought 'you know what? let's be smart and go super hard here. We'll say that we've had discussions with the NRL and we're required by them to take a hard line against this breach of the NRL code of conduct. We get to look like the good guys 'cause we're coming out hard and no-one really cares because the sport itself has bigger things to deal with. But if the boys want to appeal de-registration, they'll have a decent chance against the NRL and it looks bad on the administration because of what they've done with Matt Lodge, Russell Packer, Tyrone May...not evening counting Duges, Fergo, Nate Myles, Monaghan, Pearce, etc.'

Okunbor and CHN probably come out ahead through settlement and will get reinstated, meaning Dogs can pick them up again later while saving cap space and salary now. This is all while Greenburg has his own issues going on with paycuts, revenue streams being lost and bad press over his own mediocre pay cut compared to the players.

conclusion: 'doing a Folau' against Raelene Greenburg. win/win

(dreams are free right?)
I never ruled that out either :confused::fearscream:

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On face value I have no issue with this however it sticks in my arse how other clubs can have players bash cops, bash women, sexually assault them and threaten to kill a young family after busting through their door. Send cock pics, threaten junior ref's, drive as drunk as a motherfucker endangering lives and much more serious things however nothing is done at all? Seriously WTF am I missing other than a conspiracy?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, should I hold my breath for Maika Sivo to be de-registered by the NRL seeing as he, you know, actually got CHARGED by Fijian police? Probably not, since he played us on the same day he was supposed to be in court answering those charges How about all the other ACTUAL law-breakers??? Absolute rubbish, particularly for CHN!
Agree. Hypocritical of NRL to be allowing that, and many can look at it as the club being weak.

I prefer to see it as the opposite and the club showing strong moral values and making the right decision based on the morals and values of the club.

Many disagree and that's fine. Nothing we can do about it but move on

A

Alexander the Great

Bit over dramatic mate. No need to announce it that your blocking someone.

If you can't be a man and argue/debate your point you should not be on a forum.

If you dont like me that's OK. In my heart I love you as a brother and I forgive you for calling me what you did.

God bless xx
Without derailing this thread too much, giving an to @Abu Azrael. Before people jump on me for putting it here, have tried to settle issues via PM before but she hasn't replied.

I don't like you Abu, but that doesn't excuse the language I was using with you. Didn't know you were a woman when using it, but still ... Hypocritical of me and I apologise.

Clearly we can't interact with each other so later today I'll block you so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief.

A

Alexander the Great

My husband doesn't allow me to talk to emotional creeps via PM.
As I said, would've loved to have been 'a man' in your eyes and argued my point in person via PM but you wouldn't allow me.

Ciao ciao and good luck with it all

A

Alexander the Great

You telling me I'm going to be block....

NO EFFECT
As I said, would've loved to have been 'a man' in your eyes and argued my point in person via PM but you wouldn't allow me.

Ciao ciao and good luck with it all
images.jpeg-53.jpeg

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On face value I have no issue with this however it sticks in my arse how other clubs can have players bash cops, bash women, sexually assault them and threaten to kill a young family after busting through their door. Send cock pics, threaten junior ref's, drive as drunk as a motherfucker endangering lives and much more serious things however nothing is done at all? Seriously WTF am I missing other than a conspiracy?
Don't forget...
Have group sex with a 19 year old...you become a TV football presenter !
Get dropped off naked and drunk at a police station doors...You become a great !
Run the streets naked for a bet...They think it's funny and fun !
Better still...
Looting and felony makes you immortal !
Drug abuse makes you immortal !
Hang on...It is the Greatest game I mean SHAME of all !!!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Hypocritical of NRL to be allowing that, and many can look at it as the club being weak.

I prefer to see it as the opposite and the club showing strong moral values and making the right decision based on the morals and values of the club.

Many disagree and that's fine. Nothing we can do about it but move on
I agree, you see it as a strong decision by the club , me i see it like some others as throwing two young blokes under the bus, on the legal side who knows with JO, but CHN go to court boy sue there asses!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We
I agree, you see it as a strong decision by the club , me i see it like some others as throwing two young blokes under the bus, on the legal side who knows with JO, but CHN go to court boy sue there asses!
All opinions I guess. Certainly dont agree with you but this line of debate has been done to death. Would love to know all the details about this but doubt we'll ever know. Shame, especially in CHN's case