News Chinese staff forced to drink urine and eat roaches

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Managers at a Chinese firm have been jailed for making staff who failed to reach sales targets drink urine and eat cockroaches, local media report.

Police took action after videos emerged showing workers being whipped with a belt and drinking a yellow liquid.

Social media posts alleged staff were also told to eat cockroaches if they did not meet targets.

Three managers were jailed for five and 10 days over the incident, the South China Morning Post reports.

A widely shared video posted on Chinese social media site Weibo shows a male employer standing in the middle of a circle, getting whipped with a belt.
Other staff, said to be employees of the home renovation company in the city of Guizhou, can be seen drinking yellow liquid from plastic cups while holding their noses.

Screenshots of what were said to be messages from the managers threaten staff that they will have to eat cockroaches for poor performances.

According to media reports, other forms of shaming and punishment at the firm have included drinking toilet water or vinegar and getting their head shaved.

The company had reportedly failed to pay their employees' salary for the past two months and staff was scared to speak up fearing they would lose the pay if they'd quit.

Police in Zunyi county police arrested three managers and they were later sentenced to jail time.

It's the latest in a string of cases of Chinese firms employing unusual measures to punish, shame or encourage their staff.

Previous reports have alleged cases of employees slapping each other at a company event to boost motivation, and staff forced to crawl on a public road or kiss rubbish bins as a punishment or for team building.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-china-46120627?__twitter_impression=true

Wow...The bosses must've been watching wolf of wall street.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They need to do this to the kfc staff in woy woy that fucks up every single order.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You eat da cockloaches NOW!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't eating Cockroaches in China be the equivalent to eating Chicken Nuggets in Australia?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a warm glass of piss and roaches are full of protein.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Pfft thats nothing when I worked with my uncle I made the **** eat his own teeth ahahaha

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow in Australia they'd just fire you...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know what they're complaining about. Most businesses wouldn't give you a free meal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Isn't this just like giving a free meal in chin ?

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing would focus the mind more. I bet budgeting time would be tense.

I wonder what they would receive as bonuses if they make their numbers??!

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They really shouldn't be reporting issues like this and giving business here in Australia more ideas how to encourage their workers.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that’s just great is it not, I mean Bear Grylls can definitely turn urine into water, in a scorching hot desert (go figure !!) but this ain’t the case here lol.!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I should point out to everyone that this story is two years old. Nasheed just bumped it 'cause he's bored.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've heard of long jump but a long bump? Lol

Nasheed must be using Internet Explorer.