Chill pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ive been coping shit all weekend for the piss poor effort the boys put in. they looked so bloody flat. heres hoping we can get over the Panthers, I don't like our chances as the panther have been red hot. Lets hope its their week to flop so we can get a win.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They need to get pride back in the Blue V

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Fellas I think there are plenty of players who are badly out of form. Besides Moses, RFM and Foran nobody has really stood up this year. The club just needs to get serious about where it wants to be. We won’t make the 8 but we need to compete otherwise we will get the spoon.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All

Been reading over the past 2 weeks (yes before anyone has a crack, I don't post much but I am on here daily to have read) and people need to realise where we are at as club and the teams we have faced

Firstly we coped Melbourne straight up...lost but actually if Mybe catches and passes to his right it could have been 24 all and a different ball game

Then we coped the Roosters on a rebound from a shock loss. Our odds should have been 1/100. 5 day turnaround along with travel back from Perth. If any body thought we were going to be 1/2 or 2/2 is kidding themselves

We will have a tough year and probably a tough 2019 we need to let Pay put his stamp on the roster. Defence has been an issue but I believe Pay will be tough with them and we ill get some good results this year. Our roster is 1 of the worse at the moment.

the 1 thing I agree on from reading some articles is that our bench needs an overhaul as we have no impact at all and it is a big issue

Give the club and Pay time
Tigers beat both these sides.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have definitely not lost hope for improvement, but leaking that many points each week is really, really fucking worrying. You win games with defence, and we have close to none of it.

I know they were the top 2 teams last year, but we were embarrassing.
All we have is improvement.. If we get worse they should relegate the team to NSW cup.. Seriously

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of us would agree that we have a better roster than the tigers or we’ve started the season with a better roster!!

Let’s talk about facts - we’ve both faced the same teams in the first two rounds the tigers have scored 10 points in each of the first two games, we’ve scored 18 and 12 respectively, the tigers have won those two game, while we have lost!! The problem.... defense, the tigers have allowed 8 points against in both games, we’ve allowed 36 and 30!!! Now let that sink in, 16 points against in two games combined, compared to 66, the storm (24points) and the roosters(18 points) had passed 16 points in each of the games against us before the half time siren!!! These scores show there’s more underlying issues with our team, what they are I’m not sure ... if the bulldogs were known for anything it was pride in the jersey and defense!!!

I don’t want to hear excuses, the tigers had an excuse to lose against the storm - how about a 18 to 8 penalty count against them, that 10 more penalties, guess what, they over came those numbers and won, some one said they’re the first team to do it in NRL history!!!

“What’s our bloody excuse for not having the same commitment as the tigers???” should be the question that’s asked, and not making excuses to make us feel better...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We tighten up our defence wel win and win well..our roster isnt the issue our team selection isnt the issue..our mentality is

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fellas I think there are plenty of players who are badly out of form. Besides Moses, RFM and Foran nobody has really stood up this year. The club just needs to get serious about where it wants to be. We won’t make the 8 but we need to compete otherwise we will get the spoon.
Thats a loser mentality

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this hysteria re Newcastle & the Tigers is OTT.
The NRL premiership is a bit like a Melbourne Cup. The donkeys lead early, they set the early pace but eventually the cream will rise to the top.
I didn’t have Newcastle or the Tigers in my 8. They still won’t make it.
The Tigers have suprised me with 2 outstanding defensive efforts, however in attack they look clueless.
A 30 point loss isn’t too far away, neither is a run of losses.
Newcastle could be 0-2. They will get closer to the 8 but will still fall short .

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
We played the two favourites for the competition back to back, foran has only just returned from injury he is clearly unfit, those using the excuse of tigers beating the two, they played a roosters outfit without their main attacker in keary.. our side needs time to adjust- mbye looks the goods at fullback and when him and foran click its going to be gold. Patience fellas.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wests played Melbourne at Melbourne with Slater on a 300 game celebration ... and won. Clearey gutted their roster and bought in players who are doing the job. Sure I don't think they can maintain the rage all year but they are way ahead of us in terms of attitude, cohesion & effort. Even with attitude & effort our current roster, particularly our forwards, lack ability. Elliott, Eastwood Tolman and Fualalo would not be selected in any other roster. The Morris twins are aging. Frawley & Mbye are debatable as to whether they will fulfill any potential in their positions. I really don't see anyone exciting in our juniors either so there is no competition for spots in 1st grade at this juncture. The reality is we are stuck with a shit roster and, in my opinion, this year is all about Pay assessing who in the squad is worth keeping. At this juncture it is fairly obvious that isn't a big list so I expect a heavy rotation of our roster over the next 2 seasons.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wests played Melbourne at Melbourne with Slater on a 300 game celebration ... and won. Clearey gutted their roster and bought in players who are doing the job. Sure I don't think they can maintain the rage all year but they are way ahead of us in terms of attitude, cohesion & effort. Even with attitude & effort our current roster, particularly our forwards, lack ability. Elliott, Eastwood Tolman and Fualalo would not be selected in any other roster. The Morris twins are aging. Frawley & Mbye are debatable as to whether they will fulfill any potential in their positions. I really don't see anyone exciting in our juniors either so there is no competition for spots in 1st grade at this juncture. The reality is we are stuck with a shit roster and, in my opinion, this year is all about Pay assessing who in the squad is worth keeping. At this juncture it is fairly obvious that isn't a big list so I expect a heavy rotation of our roster over the next 2 seasons.
Fualalo would make plenty of other 17s. The Fualalo hate from a few posters on here is ridiculous and none of you seem to actually state what's so bad about him and back it up.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a loser mentality
Or you're in denial. Like that guy who stalks his ex girlfriend months after she broke up with him telling her she just needs to change her attitude and get back with him. Three AVOs later and he stops. You're that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.