Chill pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have definitely not lost hope for improvement, but leaking that many points each week is really, really fucking worrying. You win games with defence, and we have close to none of it.

I know they were the top 2 teams last year, but we were embarrassing.
As I mentioned earlier, the Tigpies didn't seem to be affected by playing the "top 2" from last year!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest concern is noticable problems from one game are not being actioned for the next it seems.

If your team defends like shit in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.
If your team struggles in attack within 20m zone in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.

I'm a little concerned that Pay might be playing "Mr Nice Guy" too much, rather than tearing into the players who (it appears at the moment), need a good talking to. Some players are not putting in 100% out there on the field and it's obvious.
Playing the nice guy?? He sent suli home just after he signed him... he also sent nu brown packing

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and on that theme of all-time dud Bulldogs teams, our new Adam Brideson is Adam Elliot, Filinga Filiga is Marcello Montoya, or Heka Nanai(take your pick), Brad Morrin is Josh Jackson, Brett Oliver is Matt Frawley, Dallas McIlwain or Luke Young is Moses Mbye, and Chris Armit is Aiden Tolman. No chill pill. Something much stronger is required.
We need to clear the dead wood

Both Morris boys needs to go
Tolman.......... don’t get me started - should be an accountant
Frawley
Elliot
Eastwood
Montoya been very disappointing
Fualolo wouldn’t make another teams bench

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier, the Tigpies didn't seem to be affected by playing the "top 2" from last year!
I know, but Melbourne Storm played uncharacteristically shit that entire game and if they didn't do that stupid short drop out at the end they would have won. Tigers got lucky as hell.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never read so much bullshit in my life. Do you have any other excuses that you want to use. Maybe the water in belmore doesnt taste nice, or the air is fresher at other clubs training grounds. Its one rubbish excuse after another.

Ive said it once ill say again we have a decent roster. The players lack desire to win, they lack enthusiasm and aggression.

Is it the roster why we lack line speed and aggression in def. Is it the roster why we didnt seem to have a gameplan in rd 1 or 2. Is it the roster why we kick on the full to opponents back 3 or that our kick chase is shit or our markers arent working from marker. Is it the roster why our def all of a sudden is rubbish. Particularly our wrestle and our ruck def.

We have 3 current SOO fowards another gun edge backrower in RFM. A superstar hb in Foran. Other teams will kill for our roster. Its not the roster the players just need to fire the fuck up show pride in the jersey and stop playing like a bunch of pussies.
Decent roster????? Are you kidding me??
Sharon woods has no line speed, but he has impressed me in attack, no one lurking around him.
Frawley would not make the English super league, let alone nrl
Outdated Morris brothers
Worst bench in the comp
We don’t have a lock... fualolo and Elliot do not make first grade anywhere else

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Decent roster????? Are you kidding me??
Sharon woods has no line speed, but he has impressed me in attack, no one lurking around him.
Frawley would not make the English super league, let alone nrl
Outdated Morris brothers
Worst bench in the comp
We don’t have a lock... fualolo and Elliot do not make first grade anywhere else
We wouldnt have the worse bench in the comp if the right ones were selected

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
* overpaid cats
* paper bag defence
* shit bench
* shit use of shit bench

Fix these and we will be on our way to being a force once more.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've not completely given up on the year yet, melb and the roosters probably finish top 4 but an impressive win this week against penrith is a must.
I honestly can't see us beating Penrith.

Just feels like a repeat of 16 and 17, I don't expect to win, I just expect a loss.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly can't see us beating Penrith.

Just feels like a repeat of 16 and 17, I don't expect to win, I just expect a loss.
They're two from two but they've given up back to back 14 point leads against two sides in a similar spot to us so i don't reckon its out of the question. In saying that their outside backs have dominated us on kick returns the last few games against us

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I could accept this mountain of criticism of Pay's coaching if it were round 6 or 10 but not after only 2 games. He has watched them train all off season - seen the ones that put in the most and worked best with what he was trying to do. He sent them out last week against the reigning premiers and they looked pretty good in attack and had reason to think that the defensive lapses were more about his skipper getting a head knock than anything else. He saw a weakness on the bench and changed it around for the next game thinking that he would see an improvement. In some respects he did in others he didn't. So can we expect to see more changes this week? Yes I think we will because its only when you put your structures under pressure you can see the problems.

We will find out tomorrow arvo when the team sheet comes out but I would think he will be looking for speed and size from the bench. Maybe Fine goes to back row (or Martin - not sure which one plays right side) and Jacko to lock (he is looking more like Trent Merrin these days). That means Elliott is out and based on the past couple of weeks he deserves it. So either Martin/Fine on bench with Tolman, JMK (he went OK last week) and Tualau/Fualolo. That gives us a stiffer middle third to start. A bit more strike out wide and a bench that has a balance of workers, hitters, off loaders and a speed man for HIA cover.

Anyway all will be revealed tomorrow......

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They're two from two but they've given up back to back 14 point leads against two sides in a similar spot to us so i don't reckon its out of the question. In saying that their outside backs have dominated us on kick returns the last few games against us
Win, lose or draw I just want to see effort and I want to see our players have the same pride in our jersey as we do.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest concern is noticable problems from one game are not being actioned for the next it seems.

If your team defends like shit in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.
If your team struggles in attack within 20m zone in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.

I'm a little concerned that Pay might be playing "Mr Nice Guy" too much, rather than tearing into the players who (it appears at the moment), need a good talking to. Some players are not putting in 100% out there on the field and it's obvious.
I agree, some players need a kick in the back side

silva

Utility
Reaction score
more excuses...enough mediocrity time to win some games

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just get the feeling no matter how well we play we ain't going to win. The first two rounds we've had 0 luck. Every bounce of the ball seems to be going to the opposition and I'm expecting the same this week against the panthers.

Two players in particular piss me off to no end and I don't know why - Frawley followed by Elliot. Whilst these two are in the team I'm not going to be chilling. I'm going to be raging.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence and our bench are killing us. What's Tolman, 47kg? And fucking Elliot.....

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tolman joke. Elliot joke. The more I see league now, it is becoming more like American football. You need huge forwards-young and strong- rolling over the advantage line (note Manly yesterday). then you need a class quarterback. In League its a half-back. (note Cherry-Evans). If you have 2 classy halves-happy days. Players like Klemmer and Woods are starting to look a little corny. Bring in Talau, Ogden, To'omaga, Fine. Just let them rip.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what’s wrong with the club these days, always finding an excuse to why it was ok to lose.
It’s never ok to lose no matter who you play. Of corse you can’t win every game, but to try and find ways to justify losing all the time is wrong.
You think for example Melbourne, if they had played the roosters in round one and lost Bellamy would say look it’s ok we lost we played the roosters look at their team they are the premiership favourites? Finding excuses to why losing is ok sends out the wrong message and filters all the why down to the lower grades. Sorry bro, just my opinion.
I bloody agree 100000% I’m sick of everyone making excuses and blaming others or something else for a loss. Dead set what the hell has happened to dogs culture. I remember us being the fear of the comp and loved it that people hated us so bad because we were successful. It is disgraceful and embaressing these days to be a dogs supporter and the past 3 years have been crap.... I will never turn my back on the club but this rot needs to stop and stop soon.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never read so much bullshit in my life. Do you have any other excuses that you want to use. Maybe the water in belmore doesnt taste nice, or the air is fresher at other clubs training grounds. Its one rubbish excuse after another.

Ive said it once ill say again we have a decent roster. The players lack desire to win, they lack enthusiasm and aggression.

Is it the roster why we lack line speed and aggression in def. Is it the roster why we didnt seem to have a gameplan in rd 1 or 2. Is it the roster why we kick on the full to opponents back 3 or that our kick chase is shit or our markers arent working from marker. Is it the roster why our def all of a sudden is rubbish. Particularly our wrestle and our ruck def.

We have 3 current SOO fowards another gun edge backrower in RFM. A superstar hb in Foran. Other teams will kill for our roster. Its not the roster the players just need to fire the fuck up show pride in the jersey and stop playing like a bunch of pussies.
Agree also...I understand some supporters here trying to calm the storm but please we did it in 2009 with a fresh roster and West’s are doing it this year and so is Newcastle. What excuse do we have? State of the art training, rich club, decent forward pack... I’m over this rubbish about we are going to have a long season bla bla bla by the way people are talking I’ll be 50 when we win our next comp

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chill pill are you serious? So we wait all week in hope of seeing our colors raised or at least honored for the game to be over by half time.And let's get real Melbourne never got out of 2nd gear ,they only needed 1 player to toy with us.After all they needed to attract some interest and pretend it was a tight game over in Perth.Lucky Billy missed out on his 300 game against us otherwise he would have scored 3 tries and they would have put 50+ on us.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree also...I understand some supporters here trying to calm the storm but please we did it in 2009 with a fresh roster and West’s are doing it this year and so is Newcastle. What excuse do we have? State of the art training, rich club, decent forward pack... I’m over this rubbish about we are going to have a long season bla bla bla by the way people are talking I’ll be 50 when we win our next comp
You must be a young lad,bro I'll be compost for a marijuana plant chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.