News Chemists Up In Arms About Presciption Savings

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It took me a while to understand the whole debate, I'm like you buy two packets of pills instead of one, how does that save you money? Then I realised for PBS stuff the chemists get a 'dispensation fee' for each box they sell. So if the tablets are $30 a box they tack on $5 on top of it and charge you for that (although we don't see the $30 we do see the $5) Not to mention any profits they get from the Government for the tablets. So now they are losing that extra $5 on each box.

Is that right? or have I missed something?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn't the the drug the fat people got instead of the diabetics who needed it.
That’s it, the same one being stockpiled and now it will be even more

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's called doing your due diligence, there's pitfalls in any every business. This shit happens every day to the inexperienced
But tax payers are expected to continue to pay billons of extra dollars to chemists to help their mortgages and businesses?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Boo-fucking-hoo....

As someone who depends on 32 tablets a day to survive, let me be the first to say GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU GREEDY CUṄTS!

I thank God I don't have to decide either to buy medicines, eat or pay bills unlike some other poor souls.
True story bro. Back in the wood as a kid - one pharmacy - real family run business. You bought stuff from there that these days u get from Woolies. And they had a kid on a pushbike that would deliver phone orders so thought ok. Not a bad job for cash as a kid.

Anyways - had to do a week work experience in year 10 - so the pharmacy took me on. Five days only. By day 2 - was getting scripts from the Pharmacist, getting the right drugs, handing it over to the pharmacist and he'd check it, sign off on it and off to the customer. That continued for the rest of the week. No fck ups and pharmacist gave me a wallet with a hungie at the end of the week. Good cash at the time.

The thing I remember to this day - not fckng hard. Coached a dude's kid a few years ago who owned 3 pharmacies. Got him talking once about the old days where chemists made drugs. He said - no idea wtf I was talking about - no one does that shit. No idea what money he was making but based on his beamer - he wasn't struggling.

So appreciate supplier shortages - but fck me when you pay for a pharmacist, you're paying for their education. The Uni courses for this cost a bomb and they need to be genuises to get in. Why? I'm a yr 10 kid smoking cones when I can get it and got it spot on in 2 days. Wasn't that hard ffs.

Seems like a closed fckng shop to me that people with sickness have to pay for. Bit wrong imv.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My dad is a pharmacist. Owned his own shop for a while. Was talking to him about it and he said big companies like chemist warehouse have destroyed the market and their is very little money to be made in pharmacy anymore!!
And they don't even have all scripts on top of that...

I wouldn't call it a warehouse, the shops are more interested in perfumes, cosmetics and protein powders. The small independent chemists have more meds believe it or not.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not. Only being given to diabetics. Wegovy is being given to fat ones.
Both must be because I know people use Ozempic for weight loss

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like they're just being massive whingers. I know that loads of pharmacies benefited from taxpayer funding on their employees wages when the LNP handed out the internships funding. So they've already gotten fat off our taxes. I'm not going to shed a tear that their profit margins might suffer a bit.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mclovin equivs in white coats shojld have been replaced by a vending machine a long time ago.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my bois delivers meds to an old peeps ms home and he skims a little bit off the top, but he fly’s straight and doesn’t take too much but he got a handy cash business

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Boo-fucking-hoo....

As someone who depends on 32 tablets a day to survive, let me be the first to say GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU GREEDY CUṄTS!

I thank God I don't have to decide either to buy medicines, eat or pay bills unlike some other poor souls.
Shit brother, I hope that's not as bad as it sounds. Everyday without question?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of my bois delivers meds to an old peeps ms home and he skims a little bit off the top, but he fly’s straight and doesn’t take too much but he got a handy cash business
Bit hard to do, when they are sealed. Fuck you are ruining threads etc.