Cheap underrated performance cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on cheap underrated performance cars. Here is my old list...

1989 VN commodore v6. Only 127kw but all its torque was just off idle. Just a whiff of throttle gave 85% of total performance. Geez they took off from a standing start. Not many cars would go with them off a set of lights. Even todays cars

96-2002 VS-Vx commodore supercharged V6. Again another ripper of a car from a standing start. Supercharger torque launched those cars hard. Not many cars can launch away from a set of traffic lights lime those cars

2000 camry V6. Those featherweight cars with potent 141kw v6 under the hood gave many a performance car the fright of their life

2012-2016 toyota aurion. The 200kw v6 in a light body would keep a commodore ss or subaru wrx very honest.

What other underrated performance cars do you know of?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had a VN sports model as my first car, thing used to go. Had to do a full gasket replacement since the car somehow got mud all through the engine and I had no idea when I bought it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Dude sorry, but a Toyota Camry is not a performance car.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those supercharged ecotecs are a bargain.
Does V6 Conversions still exist?
Drop one in anything.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You would think that but with its light weight and quad cam 3.0 v6 it would frighten the bones out of many performance cars
My cousin had the TRD, front wheel rubbish.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
U need BOOOST my friend, WRX or STI's are the way to go and u can always add cheap bolt ons for more power u can get a 99 rex now days for around 5-8k unmolested IF you can find one and do it up your self :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on cheap underrated performance cars. Here is my old list...

1989 VN commodore v6. Only 127kw but all its torque was just off idle. Just a whiff of throttle gave 85% of total performance. Geez they took off from a standing start. Not many cars would go with them off a set of lights. Even todays cars

96-2002 VS-Vx commodore supercharged V6. Again another ripper of a car from a standing start. Supercharger torque launched those cars hard. Not many cars can launch away from a set of traffic lights lime those cars

2000 camry V6. Those featherweight cars with potent 141kw v6 under the hood gave many a performance car the fright of their life

2012-2016 toyota aurion. The 200kw v6 in a light body would keep a commodore ss or subaru wrx very honest.

What other underrated performance cars do you know of?
WRX 94- 99 5k
My cousin had the TRD, front wheel rubbish.
U need BOOOST my friend, WRX or STI's are the way to go and u can always add cheap bolt ons for more power u can get a 99 rex now days for around 5-8k unmolested IF you can find one and do it up your self :grinning:
Lebo's talking about WRX's on a Bulldogs forum. Who would've thought?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt touch a old wrx. Thrashed amd high km. Lucky if it holds together for 2-3 pulls.

But an old camry v6. Noone thrashed em, but they have some go.

If you can find an old bruiser supercharged ecotec commodore. Be a good traffic lights warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.