Rumour Chasing Matterson?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just got some word that we're after Matterson. Anybody with better info that can confirm or deny?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just got some word that we're after Matterson. Anybody with better info that can confirm or deny?
As in Ryan Matterson... Dunno how I feel about that, he's a good player but a dick for walking out on the tigers and would cost a fair bit. If we get rid of Jackson and Elliot then it would be a good move.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As in Ryan Matterson... Dunno how I feel about that, he's a good player but a dick for walking out on the tigers and would cost a fair bit. If we get rid of Jackson and Elliot then it would be a good move.
Yes, Ryan Matterson.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has a player option to stay at Parra in 2022... So pending their form this season he would likely explore options. A right edge of Flanagan, Matterson and Cotric would be massive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has a player option to stay at Parra in 2022... So pending their form this season he would likely explore options. A right edge of Flanagan, Matterson and Cotric would be massive.
Or Flanagan doesn't run, Matterson doesn't pass and Cotric sees no ball lol

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The info did come from a relative of Ryan. Would be a good signing but could be all bullshit

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Peter Sharp quitting the Eels to join Bulldogs in a recruitment role, along with Elliot continually failing himself on maturity levels makes this rumour quite credible but 100% won't be the last Eel player linked to our club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Madone. Not sure how you would feel cause he walked out ? He would fit right into the club. We just had a player fuck his best friends women, doggy style over the cubby house whilst the kids where inside the cubby house sleepin. I'd say bring him over

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matterson is a rep calibre 2nd rower but he certainly wouldn't be a long term option as he doesn't seem to stay in one place for too long. He'd command 600k plus which we could easily afford for 22 but I'd be weary to splash the cash on a player that changes clubs every second season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s a great player.
If we sacked Elliott I’d of been thinking it’s great business.

Just not sure with current set up. Napa has to go. A prop like fisher Harris type needs to be added to help Thompson unless someone like hetho, Renouf, Ogden etc reallt kick off.

Could be Jackson calling it quits early then again I’d be all for
It.

Otherwise maybe planning moving rfm to middle and then again understand the signing if we did that and lost Napa.

Regardless the next signing I want to see is a quality hooker. B Smith is it for me unless there’s something else happening with contracted players.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am actually sick of seeing second rowers hovering in the backline and stifling the attack. I yearn for the day where the centre’s got early ball and the halves played both sides of the field. Get the forwards back in the forward pack. So unless he wants to play up the middle then it’s a know for me.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s a great player.
If we sacked Elliott I’d of been thinking it’s great business.

Just not sure with current set up. Napa has to go. A prop like fisher Harris type needs to be added to help Thompson unless someone like hetho, Renouf, Ogden etc reallt kick off.

Could be Jackson calling it quits early then again I’d be all for
It.

Otherwise maybe planning moving rfm to middle and then again understand the signing if we did that and lost Napa.

Regardless the next signing I want to see is a quality hooker. B Smith is it for me unless there’s something else happening with contracted players.
if anything from the broncos has taught anyone, you need experience and players who they respect, Jacko is that. the players are learning off him and they respect him, he has to stay, he is the culture

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
if anything from the broncos has taught anyone, you need experience and players who they respect, Jacko is that. the players are learning off him and they respect him, he has to stay, he is the culture
Too bad he's on 100s of thousands more than he's worth and moves like he's years away from a walking frame lol. Hopefully his body is sorted for this season.