Rumour Chasing Matterson?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Perfect.

Then fjck hoppa off for staggs. The trial showed again he’s a liability really and age is not on his side. I hope the kids come through and perfect time Next year though I’d still go
Hard for staggs.

Him Jac cotric allan would give us a beast backline with only one slot to fill in okonbor or the kids coming through!

Dwz has to go too sadly. I love his heart and runs but fuck he drops The ball. His defence is suspect but seriously hoppa left him
Exposed rushing in all the time. He might not trust Flanagan but he just doesn’t have speed to do anything either way.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
napa at the correct price is a good option, we paid overs for him but we wont next time. He brings experience, we cant have all young blokes.
Napa needs to be playing decent/solid footy at least otherwise it's not worth it for the experience. Going off last year he's a liability. I've seen enough over the last 2 years to be happy to move on. I haven't been a fan before day 1. I think Atoni and Ogden have both shown more than him. We're also "stacked" in the second row so we could also move RFM (I'd say he's experienced/a leader for the younger forwards, one of our best players last year, we've been heavily linked with Piakura and also linked with other second rowers) into the middle. I'm not sure there is a quality forward we can sign now with Leniu and Guler being locked up. I'm hoping someone pops up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perfect.

Then fjck hoppa off for staggs. The trial showed again he’s a liability really and age is not on his side. I hope the kids come through and perfect time Next year though I’d still go
Hard for staggs.

Him Jac cotric allan would give us a beast backline with only one slot to fill in okonbor or the kids coming through!

Dwz has to go too sadly. I love his heart and runs but fuck he drops The ball. His defence is suspect but seriously hoppa left him
Exposed rushing in all the time. He might not trust Flanagan but he just doesn’t have speed to do anything either way.
We've already spent ~1m for 2022 on JAC and Burton. I'm confident we can still sign a good hooker, but not sure about Staggs as well.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Superb player, I was disappointed when we had to let him go at the end of 2018. Big and strong, good hands, a real ball playing forward AND he'll transition into the front row very easily when the time comes.
Really??? He's a pussy IMO. Barely wants to get involved in contact, couldn't see him becoming a hardheaded prop whatsoever.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really??? He's a pussy IMO. Barely wants to get involved in contact, couldn't see him becoming a hardheaded prop whatsoever.
Fair enough, I'll be watching to see how he goes this year given the interest in him. You?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Fair enough, I'll be watching to see how he goes this year given the interest in him. You?
Me what? I watch most games most weeks, I've got no special interest in Matterson.
Just making an observation about the bloke, he tried to mix it up with the big blokes up the guts last year and Russell Packer squished his head like a squash ball. He isn't prop material.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me what? I watch most games most weeks, I've got no special interest in Matterson.
Just making an observation about the bloke, he tried to mix it up with the big blokes up the guts last year and Russell Packer squished his head like a squash ball. He isn't prop material.
LOL i think Matterson is a cat too but in his defence that hit did happen out wide. Blake and Fergo were in the tackle.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
EELS ZERO IN ON BACKROWERS
Parramatta is set to extend the stay of backrower Ryan Matterson, and then turn its attention to fellow second-row star Bryce Cartwright.
NRL.com reports Matterson will activate a contract option in his favour which ties him to the Eels until the end of 2022.
The Eels are also on the verge of announcing halfback Mitchell Moses’ new deal, said to be worth $2.4 million over three years.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
EELS ZERO IN ON BACKROWERS
Parramatta is set to extend the stay of backrower Ryan Matterson, and then turn its attention to fellow second-row star Bryce Cartwright.
NRL.com reports Matterson will activate a contract option in his favour which ties him to the Eels until the end of 2022.
The Eels are also on the verge of announcing halfback Mitchell Moses’ new deal, said to be worth $2.4 million over three years.

I'm wondering where they are getting the money from ? Are Penrith still paying part of RCG and Waqa Blake's wage ? If not then I don't see how everyone fits in with an upgrade for Papalii

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm wondering where they are getting the money from ? Are Penrith still paying part of RCG and Waqa Blake's wage ? If not then I don't see how everyone fits in with an upgrade for Papalii
Jennings would have been on a bit of coin.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro I’m still trying to work this out AND how Knights fit Matt Lodge into their team and cap, even IF Broncos pay a percentage of his $800k a season deal.

Meanwhile the Bulldogs are doing what exactly ..,

Last edited: