Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I searched this forum and was surprised not to see a thread or 6 about this. I saw it by accident when looking at the bnw website for the first time in ages. It isnt new news, it happened last month, apparently.

WTF.... are we letting Lafai go to get Stanley?

I dont get it?

The story... (i wont link it here, thought it might be frowned upon to link the "other" forum here)

THE Bulldogs have nabbed Dragons centre Chase Stanley, who has agreed to a two-year deal at the Bulldogs.
Confirmed by CEO Raelene Castle, Stanley is leaving the Dragons for a second time after having played an injury-plagued season in Melbourne.
”He gives us options,” Castle told Fairfax Media HERE. ”He’s capable of playing centre or wing, and that gives us some stability around those combinations for next year.”
The signing makes it more likely that young star Tim Lafai will depart the Bulldogs to take up a deal with the Sharks despite being contracted for season 2014.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the stanley thing even true? I may have missed it but i have not seen any official announcement from the club? If we let go of lafai and buy stanley, that is an epic failure.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is the stanley thing even true? I may have missed it but i have not seen any official announcement from the club? If we let go of lafai and buy stanley, that is an epic failure.
Thats what im wondering. I hope its BS, but its a featured story on that site, and they quote Castle confirmed it. If its BS, its a bit of a strange article to put up.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what im wondering. I hope its BS, but its a featured story on that site, and they quote Castle confirmed it. If its BS, its a bit of a strange article to put up.
Yeah it would be a very strange article if it ain't true but it's just very odd the dogs didn't announce it. I can find the reni announcement on the official site but nothing on stanley.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we don't lose Lafai as he can cement a spot next to Morris easily now next year.

N

Natboy

Lafai has denied the sharks deal but who knows these days

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Agree with you Billybob 110%

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zerotackle website had him down add signed till 2015

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If Chase is signed there is no way he is guaranteed a first grade spot, just like it was for him at the Dragons.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a thread on here re the same thing. Chase will be lucky to play firsts next year.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is real I posted it awhile ago that he signed but was overlook because of the Barba bullshit

I would say it would be for nsw cup as dragons probs couldn't afford to keep him for what he wanted

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I called this months ago and many called me a bullshitter. Since my source proved to be right I can also tell you has has been signed as a POSSIBLE wing/fullback or for depth. His is not who we are pinning our hopes on to play FB but is definitely a contingency plan

N

Natboy

I thought it has been common knowledge for at least a couple of months

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called this months ago and many called me a bullshitter. Since my source proved to be right I can also tell you has has been signed as a POSSIBLE wing/fullback or for depth. His is not who we are pinning our hopes on to play FB but is definitely a contingency plan
Why has the club never announced this than?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why has the club never announced this than?

The Bulldogs have Krisnan Inu, Tim Lafai and Josh Morris as outside backs, yet the acquisition of Stanley gives Des Hasler's outfit depth in the back line, having lost Barba to Brisbane.
''He gives us options,'' Castle said. ''He's capable of playing centre or wing, and that gives us some stability around those combinations for next year.''

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is actually a good signing for the dogs. Great cover around all the backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.