Rumour Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad Weighing Up His Options

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Canberra has been divided all year, most players aren’t happy especially papalii would love to bring him to belmore.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not a fullback imo. No thanks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Steel. I don't see him leaving the Raiders unless they're idiots (possible) but we need a hooker and prop first before we can even think about another back.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I respect the guy, gives 100% every time and a few years ago I was hopeful that we could have snatched him from the Warriors but Canberra come through and gave him a chance. Massive concern with his neck injury, if he was to sustain the same injury he wouldn’t be covered as a medical retirement due to having pre existing injury when signing a new contract. Something to consider as we’d be stuck paying him and it would count against the cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I respect the guy, gives 100% every time and a few years ago I was hopeful that we could have snatched him from the Warriors but Canberra come through and gave him a chance. Massive concern with his neck injury, if he was to sustain the same injury he wouldn’t be covered as a medical retirement due to having pre existing injury when signing a new contract. Something to consider as we’d be stuck paying him and it would count against the cap.
Players, especially young ones, aren't going to agree to medically retire unless there's no other option.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely there is a good/very good running forward we could snag from the Raiders

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As a low cost backup player (given he is coming off a serious injury), partly brought on board because he will help team culture, yes. As anything else it would be a serious risk. From all the reports I have seen he is a fantastic bloke to have in a squad in terms of team dynamics.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players, especially young ones, aren't going to agree to medically retire unless there's no other option.
100% mate, but a neck injury is more serious than most, he has a young family, if he was to injure that neck again surely he’d have questions about his long term health post football. I’m just saying it would be a risky signing.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind him if we got him, hodgson and a 2-3 of their disgruntled forwards as a package deal. He’d be a massive improvement on the duds we’ve had play at the back. Ok neck injury issues, just do short term deals.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone who's saying he's not the answer ... Yeah he probably isn't, but who the fuck are we going to fill up our top 30 with if we don't sign anyone. Take the risk I say

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Word is that Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is weighing up his options and is considering leaving the Raiders as he doesn't see himself as a centre, which is where he's been told by coach Stuart he will be playing next year.

He considers himself to be a Fullback and is having a sniff around for a potential move.

Charns is one of the most respectful players in the playing group and would be an asset to any team trying to build a good culture.

IMO, he's definitely worth a sit down at the table at very least.

Your thoughts???
Yes please!!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hudson Young hopefully
I'd love to get Hudson Young over, I really rate him as a player - but I doubt they will let him go.

There is still a strong whisper around the Capital that Joe Tapine is seriously looking for out next year.