Charlie Staines?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rather see if we could pinch CNK off Canberra.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought about this.. he and Burton had a deadly partnership coming through the grades.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is looking at fullback in the international game tonight?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a no to grimes thanks.
How many nrl players can we match to Simpsons characters.
Ill start it off
Charlie staines- frank grimes
Brett hodgson- moe syzlak
Matt dufty- cletus spuckler

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks. Good in a system like Penrith with the players around him... Our backline is already looking good for next year and into the future....

1. Averillo
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz

Talented.
Agree, Penrith have him contracted for way too much. He is a minimum wage depth player at best. Let Penrith have the loyalty test swung back on them. I don’t think he is going to be offered anywhere near what his Penrith deal is worth. If he leaves Penrith will be paying a big chunk of his contract.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be making any backline purchases for a couple years besides investment in the lower teirs incase we get priced out for our FGers. I think we're pretty good

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember the sense of sadness when saviour Staines signed a new deal with Penrith. Also recall the relief when it became clear that his good few games around his debut weren't what he was going to deliver week to week. Glad we didn't break the bank to sign him like many wanted, and if we do happen to be making him an offer I hope it's a moderately small one that leaves him hungry to improve and get among the big earners.
For me he was just a 1 game wonder his first game not much since, would much rather have Avo at FB now.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign a young kid showing talent that hasn’t been given his debut.
Averillo doing nothing wrong at the minute so a depth signing makes sense to me. He may not be the answer but throwing dollars around when we have a serviceable option currently getting the job done is not required.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign a young kid showing talent that hasn’t been given his debut.
Averillo doing nothing wrong at the minute so a depth signing makes sense to me. He may not be the answer but throwing dollars around when we have a serviceable option currently getting the job done is not required.
Agree with this. I think we have enough already in the Kennel and under contract to cover numbers 1 thru 6 for next season. It’s more a matter of working out who is who in the lineup.

I hope Harry plays some (already contracted for 2023) young outside backs in the backend of the season.

Blood them with no pressure. Even if he leaves one spot on the bench which he rotates a young guy. They all know it’s just a one week taster and no pressure.

There is nothing exciting on offer at 7. But this is our obvious problem that I’m hoping we can bring up one of the young guys. If someone quality becomes available. We should go all out. If not though there is no point throwing money at mediocrity. We already have enough of that.

With Vaughan going we are definitely short on a quality Prop. This is one I don’t think we can backfill with our current roster.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with this. I think we have enough already in the Kennel and under contract to cover numbers 1 thru 6 for next season. It’s more a matter of working out who is who in the lineup.

I hope Harry plays some (already contracted for 2023) young outside backs in the backend of the season.

Blood them with no pressure. Even if he leaves one spot on the bench which he rotates a young guy. They all know it’s just a one week taster and no pressure.

There is nothing exciting on offer at 7. But this is our obvious problem that I’m hoping we can bring up one of the young guys. If someone quality becomes available. We should go all out. If not though there is no point throwing money at mediocrity. We already have enough of that.

With Vaughan going we are definitely short on a quality Prop. This is one I don’t think we can backfill with our current roster.
Yes we need someone to replace Vaughan, Sutton is really underwhelming and although we have a few talented middles coming through they probably aren't ready to play any sort of major role next season for us. An injury or two and we're thin as in the middle.