Channel 9 call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just watched the replay of the Dogs v Dragons game and did anybody else think that Ray Warrens call was so biased towards the Dragons, at one stage he even was yelling at Barrett to do something and when Willie scored his try he barely raised his voice.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
no it wasnt, it was a fair call...imo i didnt think there was any bias.

Maza

Reaction score
he was talking about the play the ball, and how he thought Willie interferred and played a role in them dropping the ball..

kept saying that its against the rules and we always get away with things like that.. probably should have been a penalty their way insted have gone our way

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should see NBN,the amount of adds packed in a non Knights game is ******en disgrace!!

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and the boys were discussing this... It DID genuinly feel like he was upset with the dogs at some parts, leaving Phil Gould to back us up...
"They love to get down and get dirty" said in an arrogant and mean way.
"its against the rules"... Wouldnt get over it
And just seemed to take too much joy out of seeing Tonga fall backwards from a Dragon push, while 5min later Asotasi Leveled Isomonger i think it was and he hardly said anything...
And just seemed to take it personally when the team (including Barret) would under perfrom..Like he had a tip on the Dragons or sumfin..

Just a Vibe i got, nothing too major but all the above came in less than 20mins of each other, which just gave me that ugly vibe...
Hmm couldnt care less

Last edited by a moderator:

Maza

Reaction score
it did seem that way, but its not really worth looking too much into it

i was laughing at how he was egging Barret on in a desperate voice, "come on Barret, run the line" or something like that

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
.PARANoIR. said:
Rabbits is a Bulldogs supporter you fools.
sorry old mate, but he is 100% a parramatta fan
i think the commentary team death rides the dogs
and has done for years. gould never backs us, but when it
becomes apparent we are going to win, changes his tune and tells
us he told us so. the only one wiyh any cred in my
books is matty
cheers

Maza

Reaction score
ay, chill on the "fool" word! lol

supporter or not, he kinda did seem a bit troubled with our team on Sunday! lol

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
.PARANoIR. said:
Rabbits is a Bulldogs supporter you fools.
We discussed this the otherday on msn, how I thought he was sounding a little biased to the saints remember? , seems like it wasnt just me lol

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
polecat said:
sorry old mate, but he is 100% a parramatta fan
i think the commentary team death rides the dogs
and has done for years. gould never backs us, but when it
becomes apparent we are going to win, changes his tune and tells
us he told us so. the only one wiyh any cred in my
books is matty
cheers
Your right with the part Rab's is a Parra fan which he admits himself!
He has been the best over the years but its time to get out Rabs. He has lost it!

Sterlo : Major bias with not only parra, but anyone who is one of his mates!
He is also a nark when it comes to critisism he gives plenty himself but can not take it back!
The footy show he takes it but only for the cameras. He is a do you know who I am kind of guy!
He is a stickler for the rules except if it is someone he personally is friends with
he will make up some excuse for why it's alright. (Common to the whole 9 team!)

Gus hasn't been a fan of the dogs since he left for Penrith. Anything he says which is pro the dogs always has another motive. e.g.Anasta become a superstar once he had signed for the roosters! Now he is on the Dragons payrole they have come into all things good!

Matty is the best but still has to many mates + family which can do know wrong!

No dogs fans left is the calling game! Even Graham Hughes when he called went against us. Chook Halligan is the closest thing we get on Fox when we play the Warriors!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
who cares, they got beat....Again!!

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Janice said:
I just watched the replay of the Dogs v Dragons game and did anybody else think that Ray Warrens call was so biased towards the Dragons, at one stage he even was yelling at Barrett to do something and when Willie scored his try he barely raised his voice.
Rabbits is taking out his frusrtrations on Barrett. Just ask his son!

Scruffy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We had the same feeling when we were at the game. We had sports ears on so heard it live while watching and when we went home and watched the tape, we still felt the same, then again, I am quite sick of the voice in unison from the ch9 team that states bulldogs just like to "insert statement here", for eg: bulldogs just like to get down and get dirty etc... a lot of these comments really are not very complimentary.

I think the Fox sports guys (minue Laurie) and Andrew Voss are much better callers.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like rabs, i think he is a fair bloke who enjoy's a good game of footy, and unfortunately sunday's game was not a good game of footy, which may explain why he was chearing dragon players on at certain times, to make a game of it. At least rabs will always give Hazem and Patten a rap when he watches them. he loves watches Hazem play thats for sure.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CMP said:
Your right with the part Rab's is a Parra fan which he admits himself!
He has been the best over the years but its time to get out Rabs. He has lost it!

Sterlo : Major bias with not only parra, but anyone who is one of his mates!
He is also a nark when it comes to critisism he gives plenty himself but can not take it back!
The footy show he takes it but only for the cameras. He is a do you know who I am kind of guy!
He is a stickler for the rules except if it is someone he personally is friends with
he will make up some excuse for why it's alright. (Common to the whole 9 team!)

Gus hasn't been a fan of the dogs since he left for Penrith. Anything he says which is pro the dogs always has another motive. e.g.Anasta become a superstar once he had signed for the roosters! Now he is on the Dragons payrole they have come into all things good!

Matty is the best but still has to many mates + family which can do know wrong!

No dogs fans left is the calling game! Even Graham Hughes when he called went against us. Chook Halligan is the closest thing we get on Fox when we play the Warriors!
Warren Ryan on the ABC call :grinning: Still has a soft spot for the doggies. Is also a much better commentator than any of channel 9

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pfft i love it when we play in the warriors down there. Halligan is the most biast caller by heaps. Warren Ryan is good don't mind listening to his call on the abc every once in a while when im in a position that i can't reach the t.v.

Matthew Johns has to be the worst of them. He spends more time talking up his brother and Newcastle than he does breathing

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ray Warren does not hate the Bulldogs. FFS, he hosted our 70th Anniversary Dinner in 2004. He just sounded frustrated with Saints because they have a great team on paper, but no heart.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
the only thing i hear from phil gould that he always says without a miss is that "you dont wanna get into a arm wrestle" or "they have been doing this for 25yrs".

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
who cares wat they call on air! phile gould is perhaps the most baised & he's been giving it 2 us for years now, & theres no better feeling wen we prove him wrong, if anything it just motivates me more to go out & attend the games live instead of watching it on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.