News Ch9 Footy Show AXED!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a moment too soon. Ch9 are dieing with their NRL coverage. Next step will be to remove exclusivity from them on major events, sack Gould and Rabs, and then let the network die.
Just the thought of having to watch our team on Ch9 makes me throw up, every time I was forced to watch Ch9 I turned the volume down so as not to hear the commentary particularly Gould.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its been airing at around 9:30 at night for years, its hasn't been any good since sterlo left which was like 2006 I think.
From 2014 when we started watching it it aired at 830pm.. Used to let the kids watch till small talk started at around 9.. My son featured on small talk in 2014 and the principal announced it in school assembly lol.. The whole school knew about the show.. It Was very popular with the kids..

Footy cards in chip packets are gone too now.
The future is looking bleak for growing the sport.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant see why Channel nine cant make GEM channel or GO channel Thursday to Sunday showing nothing but NRL content. People would love seeing more one on one interview shows, replays and showing older games. Shows that highlight a certain game or era would be great to see as well. 100% footy is a better show then the footy show, so i dont mind if that stays but what is the point of showing it at 10:45 (i know its because of the block etc)
They couldn't do any worse than Fox League does. A couple of years they advertised that Fox AFL was the best channel on the planet - it could have been for AFL fans, but they put too much crap on & not enough older games & when they did they truncated them - GGGRRRRRRRRRR. They did something similar with Fox League. They do not understand what fans want. They should get feedback from their subscribers, but in the 17 years I have had Fox they have never asked for my feedback & when I have given it too them they just patted me on the head & said there's a good boy, now give me more of your money. Between the NRL leadership, channel, DT 9 & Fox Sports they are doing their best to drive me away from the sport. I used to watch every game, now just Bulldogs games. I haven't even watched a Grand Final since 2014.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Footy Show would survive with the right staff and talk footy, not so called comedy.
They think Andrew Johns is a God over at Ch 9 for some reason. He was on the field but off it I cannot stand him & everyone I speak to feels the same. They do not understand their viewers. I heard someone a few weeks back say it was the golden age of TV. Golden showers more like it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Erin Molan thinks her shit don't stink.

Mike Coleman did an article saying she wasn’t interested in NRL until she joined the network in 2010.

Channel 9 stuffed up big time by not re-signing Yvonne Sampson.

Yvonne seems down to earth, but Erin thinks she is a fashion model, with all the designer clothes she wears.

I was going to say, maybe Erin can work for her dad Senator Jim Molan, but they aren't allowed to hire family.

The Footy Show had about 10 mins of actual talking footy & the rest was utter shit.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PS only watched it until the 5 second preview of our game that week.
My team were lucky to get a 5 second preview.

Some weeks they never mentioned the Broncos winning that week, but if they lost they talked about how they were struggling etc.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Erin Molan thinks her shit don't stink.

Mike Coleman did an article saying she wasn’t interested in NRL until she joined the network in 2010.

Channel 9 stuffed up big time by not re-signing Yvonne Sampson.

Yvonne seems down to earth, but Erin thinks she is a fashion model, with all the designer clothes she wears.

I was going to say, maybe Erin can work for her dad Senator Jim Molan, but they aren't allowed to hire family.

The Footy Show had about 10 mins of actual talking footy & the rest was utter shit.
Didn't Yvonne have to move because Magilla Gorilla fucked her and his missus found out which is why he retired from rep footy?

Don't know if it's true but that's what I've heard.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should just let Hannah host all the footy shows.. at least she's something to look at :hearteyes:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From 2014 when we started watching it it aired at 830pm.. Used to let the kids watch till small talk started at around 9.. My son featured on small talk in 2014 and the principal announced it in school assembly lol.. The whole school knew about the show.. It Was very popular with the kids..

From 1994 to 2012 it aired at 9:30pm, It used to be decent enough to stay up and watch.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was going to be axed 10 years ago really kept kicking on

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will come back at some stage, just needs someone decent who can entertain, the magic word for TV.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score

Still the actual footy cards that you buy for $4 a packet at the newsagent are still there aren't they? There pretty good.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the joke I saw about her and the job interview couch or whatever? I missed it all?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the joke I saw about her and the job interview couch or whatever? I missed it all?
It was faked.

It was meant to be her having a go at Dave Taylor and Dave Taylor responding with a picture of a couch (but it was from a fake account pretending to be Dave Taylor).

Couch indicates "casting couch", aka how one gets the job.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to think which is the most iconic piece of furniture of the 20th Century...

This...

or this :-)