News Ch9 Footy Show AXED!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/7dcedd043c24fb2a4534e373546c5d62

Nine’s NRL Footy Show to be axed after 25 years
October 02, 2018

The network had hoped to reinvent the iconic Thursday show when presenter Erin Molan took over this year from Paul “Fatty” Vautin, who hosted the show for the previous 24 years.

The Footy Show first went to air in 1994 and won the Logie award for most popular sports programme 11 times.

Molan is in current negotiations with Channel Nine over a new contract for other news hosting roles at the station.

Channel Nine is likely to keep its late night Monday show 100% Footy hosted by James Bracey and star panellist Phil Gould.

The Footy Show was run on a reduced budget this year and struggled for ratings every week.

Network star Andrew Johns was so disappointed that he quit the Footy Show mid-season.

Bracey took over from Molan when the host took six weeks off for the birth of her first child in July.

Nine is expected to confirm the death of the long running Footy Show in a statement later today.

The Footy Show was the launch pad for Vautin who became one of Nine’s major star’s during the show’s heyday. Vautin as host and Peter Sterling were the duo on which the show was built around.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not a moment too soon. Ch9 are dieing with their NRL coverage. Next step will be to remove exclusivity from them on major events, sack Gould and Rabs, and then let the network die.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, who didn't see that coming! :sweatsmile:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my thoughts go out to the beau ryan

beau knows centrelink tbh

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope none of them get gigs on fox sports

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope none of them get gigs on fox sports

Tell me about it. The Professor, Hindy and Fletcher are bad enough.. we don't need the likes of Beau or any of the others

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant see why Channel nine cant make GEM channel or GO channel Thursday to Sunday showing nothing but NRL content. People would love seeing more one on one interview shows, replays and showing older games. Shows that highlight a certain game or era would be great to see as well. 100% footy is a better show then the footy show, so i dont mind if that stays but what is the point of showing it at 10:45 (i know its because of the block etc)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe they finally killed it. I mean it was horrendously bad for the last 5-10 years, but this shit they dished up this year was an absolute shitshow.

Erin Molan is the worst host I have ever seen. It isn't because she is female, she is just shit. She isn't engaging or interesting to listen to and her knowledge level and insight is very low. They said on the radio she is moving to WWOS... She already hosts the Sunday Footy Show, why do they have to put her on everything?

James Bracey is shit too, I can't stand that smiling twit.

Thank the gods for the Fox Shows, all they need to do to be perfect is to fuck Buzz Rothfield off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me about it. The Professor, Hindy and Fletcher are bad enough.. we don't need the likes of Beau or any of the others
I still don't understand who this professor guy is, and/or how he ever got his own show.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand who this professor guy is, and/or how he ever got his won show.

I think he and that other bloke write a lot of the content for the Matty Johns show

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't understand who this professor guy is, and/or how he ever got his won show.
He is definitely some kind of writer or behind the scenes in other shows.

Fox has to lower their standards for shows because they need more NRL content to fill stuff out.

The show isn't that bad and does have some pretty funny moments.