CH7 RUMOUR: DOGS MOVE FOR HASLER’S REPLACEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/a3f5de96310d621809f9d0fc1bc0e0e2

DOGS MOVE FOR HASLER’S REPLACEMENT

Canterbury have reportedly met with the manager of Canberra assistant coach Dean Pay.

In a move which indicates Des Hasler’s head is well and truly on the chopping block, Seven News is reporting the Bulldogs have started talks with the favourite son.

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler looks on.Source: AAP
The pressure on Hasler has now reached fever pitch.

“Talks between his management and powerbrokers have commenced as Des Hasler’s future remains uncertain,” 7 News journalist Josh Massoud reports.

Came across this article and thought it needed sharing. I hope this is accurate about Pay.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope so. Anyone know what sort of coach he is?
Saw a few blokes say they have sources he wont come here. Hard to know what to believe these days when everyone claims to know someone who knows someone that heard something off someone thats mates with someone involved in the club

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw a few blokes say they have sources he wont come here. Hard to know what to believe these days when everyone claims to know someone who knows someone that heard something off someone thats mates with someone involved in the club
No idea , i dont know anyone that knows something, or anything i would not have a clue about any club doings behind closed doors i dont even know what fucking round this is.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the concern is that he is similar vintage to Hasler but hopefully has some idea of modern techniques and moves, something that has escaped Haslers coaching career imo.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has had a pretty good apprenticeship as an assistant coach, and he coached the NSW under 18s origin side for a few years, which says to me that he has an interest in bringing younger players through, and has the ability to communicate with and relate to younger guys which is often something thats difficult for coaches. Young guys are often arrogant and have a chip on their shoulders.
I would like to think that along with our new recruitment officer warren mcdonnel who has a good track record of finding good young players, as well as us snaring keebra park high as a recruitment ground (im pretty sure this is accurate) a coach like dean pay will be able to get our junior systems back in place, which will hopefully bring us some future success.
Plus he knows what our club is about. He was around when bullfrog was pulling the strings, so there is no doubt that bullfrogs influence at the club had some effect on him.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the concern is that he is similar vintage to Hasler but hopefully has some idea of modern techniques and moves, something that has escaped Haslers coaching career imo.
Alls we need is someone who moves with the times. Someone to drum in dogs of war defence and bash other teams out of the game. Bit hard with the refs blowing penalties for any lifting tackles. Just have to hit with their shoulders harder and dont wait for the runners to run into them

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you say he definitely not coming? Which i truly hope you're wrong on haha

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think hasler has just become a little bit complacent since deciding to put more effort and focus into his future nose whistling musical career.
I Have it on good authority from a friend of a friend of mine that record execs have been taking notice, and im 110% confident that a post football record deal is imminent and on the verge of being signed. :tonguewink::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just need a coach that doesn't over coach and listens to the assistants. We can't expect miracles from pay might take a few years to rebuild

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has a good cv, and is definitely a rookie coach with mongrel on the rise.
A man that knows what were about despite chasing the $$ in his career, which most would do. He's a bulldog just what we need.

dog house

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's a Bulldog that left for more cash?
He went and played for our biggest rivals.
He hasnt coached first grade or a club (u21's) for a season?
In asking all that, Des should be moved on right after the door hits Dib on the way out.

I just hope that the next coach the club takes a chance on, isnt full of his own shit, isnt overpaid and is given enough time to show us if he really has the goods to demand more money and keep building new teams year after year.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/a3f5de96310d621809f9d0fc1bc0e0e2

DOGS MOVE FOR HASLER’S REPLACEMENT

Canterbury have reportedly met with the manager of Canberra assistant coach Dean Pay.

In a move which indicates Des Hasler’s head is well and truly on the chopping block, Seven News is reporting the Bulldogs have started talks with the favourite son.

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler looks on.Source: AAP
The pressure on Hasler has now reached fever pitch.

“Talks between his management and powerbrokers have commenced as Des Hasler’s future remains uncertain,” 7 News journalist Josh Massoud reports.

Came across this article and thought it needed sharing. I hope this is accurate about Pay.
Just read the same story on foxsports, hopefully Hasler will be gone very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.