Cereal

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I can't get enough of cereal. Traditionally something for breakfast, but can be eaten anytime of the day. What are you favorite ones?
  • Corn Flakes - original and the best
  • Frosty Flakes - if I'm after a sugar-high. I rarely get these though - once every few years
  • Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes - perhaps a slightly healthier version of the Frosty Flakes
  • Milo/Milo Duo - I actually didn't really like these at first. Now I can't get enough of them
While we're on it, Kellogg's Just Right is pretty damn heavy. Whoever said "It's not too heavy, not too light" obviously never had a bowl.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Milo original cereal is the best.

Used to love Honey Smacks too. Pretty sure they’re long gone.

Sustain goes alright too. Crunchy Nut is too sweet... and that’s coming from a bloke who puts chocolate in his gravy

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sustain, Nutrigrain, Weetbix.
Cocopops for the chocolate milkshake.
Sometimes I'll go for a Cocopops/Nutrigrain mix which is divine.

Last edited:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't had cereal since I was about 5. Mainly due to hating milk

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't get enough of cereal. Traditionally something for breakfast, but can be eaten anytime of the day. What are you favorite ones?
  • Corn Flakes - original and the best
  • Frosty Flakes - if I'm after a sugar-high. I rarely get these though - once every few years
  • Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes - perhaps a slightly healthier version of the Frosty Flakes
  • Milo/Milo Duo - I actually didn't really like these at first. Now I can't get enough of them
While we're on it, Kellogg's Just Right is pretty damn heavy. Whoever said "It's not too heavy, not too light" obviously never had a bowl.
Just which cereal were you eating when you wrote this?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've had a family sized box of Coco pops and of Nutri grain in the cupboard for months probably one or two serves taken out of both.

I'm not really a cereal lover these days. Far more likely to have bacon on toast or some sandwich meat on toast for breakfast.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I alternate between Nutri-Grain and porridge, as far as cereal goes. Toast on the other days.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had a hyperactive child. He was out of control.
I had the medicos check him and basically they all said the same thing.
Dont give him any cereals, particularly Kelloggs as they contain far too much sugar and other rubbish.
I tried it and it was a resounding success.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a hyperactive child. He was out of control.
I had the medicos check him and basically they all said the same thing.
Dont give him any cereals, particularly Kelloggs as they contain far too much sugar and other rubbish.
I tried it and it was a resounding success.
Most white breads are the same. There isn't a whole lot of research into it, but they believe it has to do with preservatives that are used in cereals and many breads. The phenomena has lead to many children being falsely diagnosed as ADHD.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sustain, Nutrigrain, Weetbix.
Cocopops for the chocolate milkshake.
Sometimes I'll go for a Cocopops/Nutrigrain mix which is divine.
I remember in 2002 Nutrigrain created a choc-malt flavor. It didn't last long, and I didn't even get to try any. I was gutted.

Then months later I found out that Milo actually is choc malt LOL. Hence I love Milo cereal :grinning:

1635468573089.png

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember in 2002 Nutrigrain created a choc-malt flavor. It didn't last long, and I didn't even get to try any. I was gutted.

Then months later I found out that Milo actually is choc malt LOL. Hence I love Milo cereal :grinning:

View attachment 32607
How much will I like Milo cereal?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most white breads are the same. There isn't a whole lot of research into it, but they believe it has to do with preservatives that are used in cereals and many breads. The phenomena has lead to many children being falsely diagnosed as ADHD.
I got my kids hooked on multigrain for sliced bread and wraps.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably the absolute worst of any cereal is Coco-Pops.
They are full of sugar and artificial colours and have no nutritional value.