Centres

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
500 - 600k. Des signing originally. At the time he re-signed he was regarded as "our" best player the previous 2 years. We can't be successful with Hopa in our backline. No room for average players any longer hopefully. Last season in 13 games he scored the same number of tries (2) as Aiden Tolman LOL. Staggs scored 10. It took Hopa 5 games to make a single line break on average (3 in 13 games). 2 try assists in 13 games. He's never going to create or score us a single point against the good teams.
i dont agree with that, hoppa has been one of our best week in week out the last few years. He has had a shit attacking structure to deal with along with no halfback who can set up play or play whats in front of him. This year will be completely different, complete different attacking structure and better players around him.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what you’re going to get with Hoppa and he is decent enough there and Cotric will more than likely be the other one. If Cotric struggles with the switch or we get an injury we don’t have a much depth at all. Schoupp isn’t even available for NRL selection and Averillo sounds like he will be playing in the halves so I have no idea who the next player up would be? DWZ? It’s one position we cannot afford injuries in.
Either way how much better position are we in than Montoya/Smith and Holland as our first choices

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Agree, Cotric is definitely not slow, he’s a former winger. His body type is a actually suited at centre. Once he develops a pass, should see him become really good in that position.

Hopoate is relatively slow, but has enough pace to fill in at centre, his strength is in his durability and passing game. Has a great cut out pass and quick hands. Not too sure he’ll remain beyond 2021 but if he does, needs to be inside JAC.
Yeah Hoppa and JAC would be great on one side. Then I’d go Cotric and Okka on the other side.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
People are matching Crichton's reported upgraded Panthers offer with Staggs which is more than what he's worth. We picked up JAC for 550k who I'd take over Crichton in the back line. Even 650k for Cotric doesn't look that bad at all when seeing what Crichton's about to be paid at a top team.
I can’t see how Crichton can be 200k more than the the fox who is arguably the best winger in the game...surely you’ve got to earn your stripes rather than have one good year

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see how Crichton can be 200k more than the the fox who is arguably the best winger in the game...surely you’ve got to earn your stripes rather than have one good year
Fox should get a better agent then

The market is the market and the good agents will get top dollar for their superstars

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Centres v wingers that's why.
Centres can earn better $$ that's why some wingers try move in 1 to get better money

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fox should get a better agent then

The market is the market and the good agents will get top dollar for their superstars
JAC is earning far more than reported.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont agree with that, hoppa has been one of our best week in week out the last few years. He has had a shit attacking structure to deal with along with no halfback who can set up play or play whats in front of him. This year will be completely different, complete different attacking structure and better players around him.
But Staggs played this year under virtually the same conditions and excelled. Only 1 more game than Hopa and compare their stats below. 5 times the tries Hopa scored. More than double the number of tackle busts. 4 times the number of line breaks. I just don't see Hopa getting us many points and earning his salary even with the improvements around him.

Staggs
14 games
10 tries (0.71)
1 try assist (0.07)
46 tackle busts (3.29)
12 line breaks (0.86)

Will Hopoate
13 games
2 tries (0.15)
2 try assists (0.15)
21 tackle busts (1.62)
3 line breaks (0.23)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But Staggs played this year under virtually the same conditions and excelled. Only 1 more game than Hopa and compare their stats below. 5 times the tries Hopa scored. More than double the number of tackle busts. 4 times the number of line breaks. I just don't see Hopa getting us many points and earning his salary even with the improvements around him.

Staggs
14 games
10 tries (0.71)
1 try assist (0.07)
46 tackle busts (3.29)
12 line breaks (0.86)

Will Hopoate
13 games
2 tries (0.15)
2 try assists (0.15)
21 tackle busts (1.62)
3 line breaks (0.23)
I’m not saying hoppa is better than staggs, staggs is an exceptional talent.
I’m saying your harsh on hoppa and the broncos had better halves than we did last year.
I wasn’t comparing the 2

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Centres v wingers that's why.
Centres can earn better $$ that's why some wingers try move in 1 to get better money
Regardless, Crichton hasn’t played origin or kangaroo... he just shouldn’t be on more money than the fox. Nobody knew who the fuck he was in 2019...sick of this flavour of the month superstar bullshit the nrl has become.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Regardless, Crichton hasn’t played origin or kangaroo... he just shouldn’t be on more money than the fox. Nobody knew who the fuck he was in 2019...sick of this flavour of the month superstar bullshit the nrl has become.
Those in the know at penrith have always had huge wraps on him coming through their system. Superstar in the making , so yes he is getting part of the huge deal on potential

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Those in the know at penrith have always had huge wraps on him coming through their system. Superstar in the making , so yes he is getting part of the huge deal on potential
750k?... ok I guess we’ll see