CENTRES!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His backending is rolling the dice to win a premiership and to be fair he came awfully close however it’s certainly not a long term or sustainable plan
It can be a long term plan it only all came out into the open because he left. If Des was still coach I think he would still be doing it. It’s just like using a credit card and never having to pay it back.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I'm sooooo glad no one on TK has a say on who we purchase or we'd be truly screwed. I trust in TBaz and Hill to work it out."

We're looking at signing a winger, so who's screwed?
Ha? What are you on about. Yes, I'm glad Hill and Barrett will work it out. We don't know what their plans are for sure or what our salary cap situation is like.
For all we know they might release everyone off contract at the end of 2021 and buy another 3 outside backs including centers and JAC on the wing as well.
But IMO our priority is the center position above having a hard on for a winger.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric and Hopoate are the least of our worries when looking at our backs when looking at our best 17. Cotric is a gun and Hopoate at worst is a good stop gap solution who's been one of our best players over the last 2 years. Barrett has also mentioned about having a balance in the team regarding experienced players that have leadership, naming Hopoate specifically. A replacement for Hopoate will be for 2022 if needed. If we're talking about depth that's where we have issue at centre, but Schoupp should of been promoted. Our wingers for next year are DWZ and Crichton/Meaney, until Okunbor returns (out for an extended period). When comparing that to other teams it's one of the worst in the competition (especially until Okunbor returns).
Agree about our centre's with depth being the main priority for next year. I think we'll add another centre to our top 30, whether it's a new player or possibly Schoupp.

There's a young bloke, Tyrone Harding, who's listed in our top 30 (at the moment) as a winger. I know nothing about him, apart from he's played for Illawarra, Moorebank, and a few games for us (Jersey Flegg?) Can't even find his age. There some highlights of him on the net and he looks like a tall rangy winger with some speed and evasiveness.

Does anyone know more about him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree about our centre's with depth being the main priority for next year. I think we'll add another centre to our top 30, whether it's a new player or possibly Schoupp.

There's a young bloke, Tyrone Harding, who's listed in our top 30 (at the moment) as a winger. I know nothing about him, apart from he's played for Illawarra, Moorebank, and a few games for us (Jersey Flegg?) Can't even find his age. There some highlights of him on the net and he looks like a tall rangy winger with some speed and evasiveness.

Does anyone know more about him?
Harding is miles away from being an option in the NRL he’s got speed but he’s skin and bone. It’s scary to think how he would handle the physicality in first grade I would be worried about his safety. I’m pretty sure he’s only in the NRL squad due to a stipulation in his contract.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The good thing is they are all on show

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I read all your replies and I need to clear up a few myths.

- Schoupp is beinglisted as an option but he isn’t in the top 30 or development squad meaning he won’t play. The real question is why this is? The guys 20 next year ffs. Cotric was doing origin at this age.
-Rennie is development is he? If not he’s number 28 meaning we have one spot left.
-Crichton and DWZ I guess could cover centre. But hey so could Lewis and anyone else. Why are we doing this without a true centre?
Wingers don’t get injured and we have too many. Swap it out with a centre.
- Naden is bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

- Schoupp is beinglisted as an option but he isn’t in the top 30 or development squad meaning he won’t play. The real question is why this is? The guys 20 next year ffs. Cotric was doing origin at this age.
-Rennie is development is he? If not he’s number 28 meaning we have one spot left.
-Crichton and DWZ I guess could cover centre. But hey so could Lewis and anyone else. Why are we doing this without a true centre?
- Naden is bad news. It’s genetic. I’ve warned about him.
Rennie isn’t signed to any deal apart from training over the off season so he’s not an option.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

- Naden is bad news. It’s genetic. I’ve warned about him.
Rennie is on train and trial.
And wingers do get injured... Look at okunbor

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck me, genetic is it?
yeaj they are always like that.
Peopel who have mass murderer in their family are always unhinged someway.
Never trust someone who has a killer in the family because they share genes so if one person is capable of such bad things then in theory the family shares the same blood.
Lesson learnt from American horror story season 2

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never trust someone who has a killer in the family because they share genes so if one person is capable of such bad things then in theory the family shares the same blood.
Well that's full of shit

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. His family is 99% good people, like most families.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It can be a long term plan it only all came out into the open because he left. If Des was still coach I think he would still be doing it. It’s just like using a credit card and never having to pay it back.
Des had a plan he should have been allowed to see out.
The heavy backend stuff can work. Do you think the tigers would have had all these release dramas if they employed such strategy? Players would never jeapordise their contract where all the cash rolls in year 3. Also promotes good behaviour off the field.
You can separate which players habe the golden years at which time to spread it out, but it’s a way to make contracts stick.
The downside? Eastwood situation.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How many times do you see both brothers in prison for stuff. I see it all the time.
It’s a gangsta gene of sort.
I too am quite gangster but I’m not a killer. More an up in yo grill with gold teeth, shank you and take your girl kind of way.
Not unlike this duck.View attachment 19095
My misses is a naden. And she's nothing like malcolm

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des had a plan he should have been allowed to see out.
The heavy backend stuff can work. Do you think the tigers would have had all these release dramas if they employed such strategy? Players would never jeapordise their contract where all the cash rolls in year 3. Also promotes good behaviour off the field.
You can separate which players habe the golden years at which time to spread it out, but it’s a way to make contracts stick.
The downside? Eastwood situation.
Yeah backended deals aren’t that bad until you invest it in a bad squad because it’s very hard to turn it around quickly. Des was way too forward heavy with his spending and that’s what bit him in the ass.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not messing with you then!
If you corner me in the back of Granville no need to do anything else I’ll give you my gold chain and cash!
They're nothing like him. Always said he was weird even as kids