CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, the media both mainstream and social are taking great delight in kicking us while we are down

No other club gets this much hatred

The last 5 years have been over the top

I didn’t see any ridicule towards the Titans or Knights in their shit years
Boo hoo. We fucking deserve it. All of it.

We just need to suck it up and stop making excuses. If it really feels so bad for the players, then they need to fucking react.

Enough of this crying about people being against us. Who gives a fuck? Just start fucking winning or at least competing.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CENTRE COPS UNWANTED NICKNAME
Which talented NRL centre has been nicknamed 'The Statue' by bemused teammates?

Sadly, it's not because he resembles Cam Smith or Wally Lewis - it's because he appears to spend much of the 80 minutes barely moving.

Here's a clue as to his identity - his team has yet to win a game.
Definetly not Hop

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could be any team with a kiwi or two players in it. I bet the reporters heard them at training talking and one of them showed the centre a picture and said ' hey bro, is statue in the photo' and now they ran with that as his nickname lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After thinking about it again, ...it doesn't seem like it's Hoppa.

1) It's probably a lazy player who's not putting in the effort, hence the name from his frustrated teammates.

2) Hoppa's a good bloke, I doubt his team mates would say something nasty about him if he's struggling for form.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Newcastle were successful from the mid 90's to mid 00's when Joey, Buderus, Kennedy, Gidley, Tahu etc were there. They won the ARL in 97 and beat Parra in 2001.

Plus they've been much better than us the last several seasons. Our last dominant period was the 80's through to 2004. Since then we've been just another club.
2012-2016 is better than anything Newcastle has served up since 2001 lol

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone in the know posted that Dean Pay handed a derogatory nick name to a player, even worse it was someone he signed. The joint needs a real ass kicker to get some of these guys into line, the culture of the place has been fucked for years.
Des used to embarass Kris Keating at training. Place is toxic asf

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Hopoate disrespect is disgraceful, he has been one of our better players in recent times. We have to stick solid rather than bag the players out.
No doubt he has been, but this year he has been horrible. He has never looked so slow & his defence has been awful. He's only 28 but he's playing like he is 35.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, the media both mainstream and social are taking great delight in kicking us while we are down

No other club gets this much hatred

The last 5 years have been over the top

I didn’t see any ridicule towards the Titans or Knights in their shit years
Fuck ‘em.
That’s because we’ve spent so many years being champions.
Let them enjoy themselves.
We’ll come back. We’ve been down before and we always come back.
Be patient.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa is a statue in defense only .. he does try hard in yardage..

i doubt its him ..

a more appropriate name for Hoppa would be The Symphony of the Sea.. (worlds largest cruise ship)
Or the Titanic cos thats as quick as he turns

Reactions: GDR

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Newcastle were successful from the mid 90's to mid 00's when Joey, Buderus, Kennedy, Gidley, Tahu etc were there. They won the ARL in 97 and beat Parra in 2001.

Plus they've been much better than us the last several seasons. Our last dominant period was the 80's through to 2004. Since then we've been just another club.
The knights got three wooden spoons in row not so long ago..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The knights got three wooden spoons in row not so long ago..
I know... The argument was that they've never been successful which isn't true. They were successful for the periods I listed.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The hate on Hoppa is stupid and clouding everyones judgment. He may be past it and his defence has been horrid this year but He’s having 15 runs and 134 metres a game, he gives his all

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa would be more of a Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Everytime he gets side steped he just leans to the side