Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Castleford Tigers 52 York City Knights 2

Attendance:5,768

Highlights:
-The team looked awesome in attack and excellent in defence against York, who are many people's NL2 promotion favourites.
-The fact we didn't concede a try, especially in the latter stages of the game. It would have been easy to ease off a little, but the players stuck to the task.
-The attendance. Yes, it was a local derby against York, and yes it was our first real game of 2005, but some Super League teams don't get 5,700+, let alone an NL1 team.

Lowlights:
-Discipline. Throughout the match, I felt our discipline was excellent. For some reason, we (or York-I didn't see the start of the incident) had to spoil it after the final whistle. Dave Woods didn't look impressed either.

Boom of the match: Not exactly hard tackles, but just after he came on, Adam Watene put in 2 or 3 good tackles, resulting in York not getting a kick away.

Referee Rating: 8. Ben Thaler handled the game well.

How many Cas Fans? 5000

How were the Cas Fans? Quite noisy throughout. Also credit to the York fans, they still supported the team up to the final whistle. Last season, some Super League teams didn't bring as many as York did (700ish).

Comedy Moment: Nope, can't think of one again.

My MOTM: Crouch, Huby, Handforth, Shenton and Kain all had outstanding games. But for me, Hepworth once again was superb in the centre.

In a nutshell:
An excellent start to the season, and you have to remember York are one of the stronger NL2 teams. In the first half, we could have scored even more so I still feel the team can improve a lot more.
Next week will no doubt be much tougher. Featherstone will be fired up for the match, but I feel if we play rugby like we did today, we can beat them.

----------

To those who've read this far, well done! I have managed to obtain 3 World Club Challenge programmes. I have promised Mr Charisma one, but I'll also send over a programme to the first 2 people who PM me. Sorry if you don't get one, but I feel this is the only fair way of doing it. Thanks

M

MrCharisma

NIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE

It's about time Castleford got off their arse and started playing some decent football. How was my lad Ryan Clayton during the match.... and that 19yr old centre? Can't wait til the Tigers are back in Super League.

I read today that Mark McClindin was going to sign with the Tigers last season, pity cause we could have used him

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ryan Clayton has gone to UVC, a French team. And no, I don't mean UTC!

Michael Shenton was again outstanding, a lot of people have said young players won't thrive in NL1, but so far the younger players have done very well.

M

MrCharisma

Ryan Clayton went WHAT? He slipped under my nose the little ****.... oh I'm going to give that kid a good blasting!

Maybe the Doggies can sing Shenton ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
a big 5000 ppl were in attendance

and MrC Michael Shenton can stay right where he is ;)

L

Lobo

thanks Tiger, i appreciate it.

discipline was top notch hey? who is the captain? Must of been the discipline from ESL experience.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lobo said:
thanks Tiger, i appreciate it.

discipline was top notch hey? who is the captain? Must of been the discipline from ESL experience.
The captain is Andrew Henderson, who captained West Tigers in last seasons premir league.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
No one has Pm'd me about a programme? I'll post them and it won't cost you a thing. They were on sale for £4 (just short of $10) at the game.

Or I'll put em on ebay :grinning:

M

MrCharisma

Lol... I'll have three :p nah if you give me another, I'll give it to my mad Bulldogs crazed brother... actually give me the other one. Dog-E, who's a mad bulldogs collector who isn't getting online much these days would love it!

get on msn peter... it ain't 3am this time!

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Lol... I'll have three :p nah if you give me another, I'll give it to my mad Bulldogs crazed brother... actually give me the other one. Dog-E, who's a mad bulldogs collector who isn't getting online much these days would love it!

get on msn peter... it ain't 3am this time!
Okey dokey. I'll give you 1 for Dog-E. 1 remaining programme, anyone who wants it PM me soon. If not, it goes to Mr C's brother.

Reaction score
Shame the Tigers got relegated. On their day I'm sure they could knock off a few of those teams trottin around in Superleague.

M

MrCharisma

The Tigers were mad..... when they lost Danny Orr, that's when it all went downhill

Reaction score
Yeah, Danny Orr went alright ay. He plays for Wigan now doesn't he???

Status
Not open for further replies.