Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Castleford 32 Sheffield 10

Attendance: 2689

Highlights:
-Still some good flowing moves resulting in tries. The team certainly aren't afraid to throw the ball around a bit.
-We have now scored just short of 100 points in 2 games, which isn't bad going even if they have been 'friendlies.'
-Again, it's good to see the future is looking promising. I thought both Leigh Cooke and Grant Edwards looked lively when they came on.

Lowlights:
-Discipline was again poor. Teams will be out to wind us up, and it's up to the players to rise above it.
-We didn't quite have the go forward as we did last week. Also, the players tried to offload at almost every opportunity, when at times it would have been wise to keep hold of the ball.

Boom of the match: I missed the first 15 minutes as usual, but I'm told Michael Shenton produced a good tackle early on. Other than that, there were no standout 'hits' for me.

Referee Rating: 6. I've always liked Colin Morris, he normally lets the game flow (the only referee to not award a single penalty in a match!) but I felt he lost control of the game yesterday. He wasn't helped by his touch judges, and both teams were guilty of high shots. Also, I'm still convinced 'Bambi's' try should have stood.

How many Cas Fans? 2500-2550

How were the Cas Fans? Again, noisy towards the end.

Comedy Moment:I can't think of one.

My MOTM: I'm tempted to say Michael Platt again. It's good to see a fullback wanting the ball and linking up well in attack. Andy Kain also had a good game, However Craig Huby just shades it.

In a nutshell:
Whilst not quite hitting the levels of the previous week, I felt we still played some good rugby at times. Sheffield proved they are likely to be promotion candidates, and it was a good test for Castleford. However, our discipline needs to improve a lot, especially backchatting to the referee. Also, when the real games arrive, the players need to keep hold of the ball early on in the tackle count, rather than offloading at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.