Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Castleford Tigers 70 Hunslet Hawks 0

Attendance:4,483

Highlights:
-After last weeks slightly below par performance (even though we won), normal service resumed as we played some very good flowing rugby, resulting in decent tries. Ok, it was 'only' Hunslet but we won without the more experienced players e.g. Brad Davis, Deon Bird, Steve Crouch.

-However, even more pleasing than any of the tries was our defence. That's 1 try conceded in 3 games now.
-Once again, a great attendance especially given that Hunslet didn't bring many.

Lowlights:
-I can't really think of any. Our discipline was much improved, we were excellent in attack and defence and we scored a few points. Thats all you can ask for, really.

Boom of the match:Can't remember any particularly big hits.

Referee Rating:Peter Bentham 8. Controlled the game well, although a lot of decisions went Castleford's way. Not that I'm complaining.

How Many Cas Fans?4,400

How were the Cas Fans?Things livened up after Jon Hepworth scored his 2nd try on 53 minutes. Up till then, we were a bit quite.

Comedy Moment:Take your pick from...

-Waine Pryce's catch when Hunslet didn't find touch. He had time to light a cigar, have a bit of coffee and cake etc and still look completely relaxed when he caught the kick...you get the picture.
-The Hunslet fan stood next to me. When Handforth sent a bomb straight into the Wheldon Road end, he said ''your good'' followed by ''no wonder you were relegated with players like him.''
He then followed this up by explaining we shouldn't applaud one of Castleford's try's because it should never have been given. Muppet!

My MOTM:Craig Huby. Scvored two tries, set up one, and scored 8 out of 11 goals.

In a nutshell:Yes, we will play harder teams than Hunslet. Things are looking good though, we've beaten NL2 favourites York, local rivals Featherstone and next week we play Hunslet again at their 2,500 capacity stadium. Castleford have been given 1,500 tickets so it should make for a good crowd and hopefully a decent atmosphere. Oh, and it's my Birthday so any free lemonades will be accepted!

M

MrCharisma

Happy Birthday Peter *hands over a bottle of lemonade*

Another whooping scoreline... should only be a matter of time before Castleford promote.

Speaking of promoting, how does that work this year. You've got the new French side coming in at the end of the year right and I hear mummbles that they were dropping it to a 12 team competition. Hopefully it turns the other way and they accept another team... making it larger!

How was my little demon Shenton?

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the Steve Crouch who used to play for Newcastle?

M

MrCharisma

Yah Steven Crouch... former Knight and Rooster. He's actually going great guns over there

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
man... the tiggers are scoring 50+ each game which kind reminds me of us :D but they are too good for this comp! why arent they in the esl tigger?

Is it due to inconsistencies from the players?

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is promotion from NL1 this year, and in order to accomodate UTC (the French team) in 2006 2 teams will be relegated from the ESL this year. UTC will be exempt from relegation for the first 2 years. BTW, it's already a 12 team competition, a lot of people want a 14 team competition so each team plays home and away, rather than some teams having to go to say Bradford twice, or having to play Wigan at home twice.

Shenton had another great game, scored 2 tries.

Hammer, that is the same Steve Crouch. A few Super League teams wanted him, but he deceided to remain with Cas.

Premier Ozzy, our relegation can be put down to many things. The players we bought were poor (in fact, our DIRECTORS actually decided to buy Sean Rudder). Then there were rumours of a drinking culture at the club, panic signings (Motu Tony for example) and the fact we had slowly been going downhill for a few years. Add to this we sacked our coach but promoted our assistant coach and it doesn't look good. Interestingly, only 3 players who played the majority of games for us last year remain-Brad davis, Waine Pryce and Jon Hepworth.

However, all thats in the past and hopefully Cas can continue to build and get back to where we belong-Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.