Castleford-Hunslet Match Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightown Tiger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Same as last season, just a brief look at the game. It's not intended to be a full scale report, I'll leave that to the newspapers.
As usual, feedback/comments appreciated.

Castleford 62 Hunslet 10

Attendance: 3546

Highlights:
-When did we last put score 62 points? The answer is our 74-16 win over Salford a few years ago.
-It's great to see a Castleford team playing with pride and commitment. I know it was 'only' Hunslet, and we'll face harder teams, but the effort and commitment was there for all to see.
-The attendance. 3546 is an excellent attendance, and I think a conrtibuting factor was the admission price. £7/£3 is reasonable for a friendly.
-Also, it was good to see that the U41's...I mean U21's won as well, 34-0 against Castleford Panthers in the 1st half, and 34-4 against Castleford Lock Lane in the 2nd half.

Lowlights:
-Still one or two minor problems. We conceded a sloppy try, and our discipline at times was poor (controlled aggression!), but overall I think the team can be proud in what was their first game together, after all.

BOOM of the match: New feature here. Top Boom (tackle, for those not familiar with the word) for me was either Adam Watene's hit around the 25th minute, when Hunslet were struggling to get away from their own try line, or Waine Pryce's tackle towards the end.

How Many Cas Fans? 3500

How were the Cas Fans? Quite noisy towards the end,

Comedy Moment: The Hunslet fan (Meatloaf lookalike). She kept shouting 'Cas are crap.'
I wouldn't mind, but we were leading by 40 odd points at the time!?

My MOTM: It's hard to pick just one, but for me Michael Platt was outstanding, constantly supporting those who made breaks.

In a nutshell:
Although I was pleased with Sundays performance (I predicted we'd put 40 points past them), this was a friendly against a part time, NL2 outfit. Sheffield will be a much tougher test, as they have promotion aspirations of their own.
However, it's a joy to see a Castleford team playing for the shirt, playing with pride, and playing with commitment.

Lastly, just a quick mention to say Castleford Tigers Supporters Club will be holding it's 2005 season launch tonight at Castleford Civic Centre. Admission is free, and you don't have to be a member to attend. It will start 7pm-7.30pm , so get yourself down there!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
c_eagle said:
It's a sport called Rugby League, it's pretty popular in the North of England.
thanx for the info constable snitch

and what as that scoreline again tigger? 74-16?

dam... that scoreline is pretty much similar to the one where the womanly seagulls got smashed by penrith panthers last season :D

L

Lobo

Very interesting. Thanks for the post mate, I really hope their game keeps consistent. It definitely sounds like its improving quite fast and rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.