Case file: Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The curious case of Moses Mbye!!

What is the deal with this guy? Is Des wholly accountable for his poor displays this year? What is his best position?

If i was to write a recount about the dogs game today i would have the name Moses Mbye mentioned and highlighted a few times. My eye noticed him quite a few times today. The bloke has had a shocker this year. He has not stood up, he has not taken leadership, he has not taken on the line and he has not shown any emotion. Today, i think he had a good game. He was not flash nor was he brilliant. BUT, geez he displayed some speed and geez who saw that solo effort try coming from him. I don't think he is a number nine. I dont think he should be in the halves, i know he will never be a fullback and we have too much other options for him to be a centre player again. BUT, i certainly think he is the most athletic player in the team and a player needed in the dogs side. I certainly think that he still has a point to prove. He is such a curious case and i don't know why Des doesn't experiment more with him.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hooker is a perfect position for him. He's comfortable with passing to both sides off the ground, he can use his speed out of Dummy Half to get quick meters or break the line. He should start kicking out of Dummy Half to release pressure for us like Smith does for Melbourne. His kicking game is nothing special as a 5/8 or half back but it's at a good enough level for a Hooker.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was one of our best today. His service from DH was about as good as you could get, he picked the right time to run and made plenty of metres, he backed up in the centre, tackled pretty well and still had speed to outrun the opposition in the 80th minute. I don't know what else you could ask from him. I don't know who the MOTM was but if it was him I wouldn't be upset.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker is a perfect position for him. He's comfortable with passing to both sides off the ground, he can use his speed out of Dummy Half to get quick meters or break the line. He should start kicking out of Dummy Half to release pressure for us like Smith does for Melbourne. His kicking game is nothing special as a 5/8 or half back but it's at a good enough level for a Hooker.
Yea 100% agree. He looked good today. Would like to see him running a bit more but aside from that, he looked probably as good as he ever has today

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least he wasn't a calamity like Frawley and Reynolds.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye looked good as a no6 when Hokko was the no7.
agree he's either the 6 or the 9. To be honest, he would make a good utility. Can cover fullback, centre, halves and hooker. Not saying he deserves to be there on his current game but if he could improve, I can see him in origin in 5 years. Now I'm not saying he will be and it's a big if for if he improves because he is nowhere near ready right now imo, I feel he could make a good utility for QLD.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer him at 6 to utilise his running game. I just wish he backed up our 2nd phase play more, with his speed and balance, he should be backing up or hanging off guys who like to offload. All he has to do is work on his kicking game. Hopefully having Foran will help his game and take some pressure off of him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea 100% agree. He looked good today. Would like to see him running a bit more but aside from that, he looked probably as good as he ever has today
100%
He needs to run more from dummy half esp after a quick play the ball

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who was the bloke with the deft kick intercept individual brilliance that scored that try?
Black fella's can run, just needs a confidence boost.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good game from Mbye today but he needs to be consistently good week in week out to get a solid "yes, this is his role" from me.

#6 or #7 is not his go from what we have seen, #centre or 9 have been more complimentary for him. Would like to see him get a go at FB at some point just to get an idea how he goes.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been saying it for ages. He is a good player just in the wrong position. Showed last night he is a decent enough 9, and I still think he could be a top FB

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The curious case of Moses Mbye!!
What is his best position?
What is his best position? Let the reserves coach figure that mystery out.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is his best position? Let the reserves coach figure that mystery out.
You would send a 750k player to reserves???

Glad your not a coach or on the board.

Mbye has ability. There is no doubt about that. There also is no doubt that he isn't an organising half (yet)...

He is an outright centre, running half or hooker.

I personally would like him to show a bit more pride and passion tbh

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order I'd like to see how he goes at 1.
Next option 9.
Then 6 but only with a dominant organising half.

Everyone knows he's not a 7.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would love to see him at fullback he has lightning speed I actually feel sorry for the bloke playing out of position Hasler you are ay ashole.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has the speed at dh to get around tired forwards late in the game. His good service saw our forwards running onto the ball from a deeper position and we rolled down the field. This plus frawleys ok kicking game meant we were half decent. Will also be interesting to see how we go without Graham... Do we play better with him not playing??
If Holland improves like he did against Newcastle there is our points goalkicking wise.
Now for fuck sake des swallow your pride and sack lichaa from the side if he's not being resigned...this side might do ok

Status
Not open for further replies.