The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FFS I WANT TO BE A TRAIN DRIVER!

bluedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've struck gold I think ladies, gentlemen, Assassin and SoH,

Train driving, who knew.

The base rate of pay is ok, but the penalties, oh my the penalties.

Get this, if I work an overtime shift, not only do I get paid penalty rates, I also get paid a $100 bonus for the first shift, then a $150 bonus for the 2nd shift and so on.... It is AWESOME.

I went out Window Licking "Riding up front with other drivers" the other day and all they did was perv on the girls at the platform (and drive the train).

There is a bunch of rules and procedures obviously, but some of them haven't spoken to their boss in 3 years.

I think I may be in heaven
But sonny bill said the pay was shit

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
P.S. Sorry for not being around, the hours are kicking my bum at the moment, The last week I have had to be at either Mortdale or Cronulla by 5am. Good fun...

But that said, LOVING every second of the job so far
Good stuff brother.
You know what they say “do something you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life”

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ght into service.

P.S. I recently completed my training and am now a qualified driver (NOW THAT IS SCARY)
I had a similar experience.
On my first shift after being authorized, I had my head down, performing some checks and everyone left the control room without so much as a sound.
I looked up, and I was the only one there. Sitting at the controls of a nuclear reactor.
I was like “holy fuck !! It’s just me here and that’s a reactor !”

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jerking off
If I could earn a living from stroking my cock, I’d be the happiest man on earth
Sadly, no-ones gonna pay to see that.
I have to negotiate with the missus, if it brushes her leg, when we’re in bed.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ok @Ecca my train-driving brother. I have another 3 questions for you

3. Where do you drivers start your shifts, a different train station everyday or what's the go? I mean when the train finishes for the day, does it park at one station and the next morning whoever is on shift start up from that station?
Probably shouldn't be giving out this info. Lot of people up to not so good things would love to know.

Edit: oh should check the date of threads this is months old and long been answered.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't be giving out this info. Lot of people up to not so good things would love to know.

Edit: oh should check the date of threads this is months old and long been answered.
Well it's something I've always wondered @N4TE - I mean how can train drivers get to another station where the train is parked if trains aren't running - are they expected to drive there or something?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Well it's something I've always wondered @N4TE - I mean how can train drivers get to another station where the train is parked if trains aren't running - are they expected to drive there or something?
Trains get parked at different layups and sheds. So if you are the first driver of the day or last you drive to say Kingsgrove and get the train their. The coolest ones are the ones they park in the tunnels at St James and alike. Get to walk through the tunnels.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to be a guard on the train.
Bring it on I say if some prick try's to spit on me after I signal the driver to take off and I ignore their cry to wait for them to board!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happens if a train driver is busting to go to the toilet for a borris or massive leak? Serious question for a friend by the way... More importantly the number 2s...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My mate was a train driver on a camping trip once......
Bout a 7 man train...

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the one
Congrats mate. I was keen to go for it but it seemed like a long process. I recently went threw a long one to get into the steel works down here in Wollongong. Nearly 3000 people applied I got down to last 20 people and missed out.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What happens if a train driver is busting to go to the toilet for a borris or massive leak? Serious question for a friend by the way... More importantly the number 2s...
Generally speaking there is enough time when you change ends at a terminating location, and there are crew facilities, toilets, hot and cold water for drinks coffee etc. if you are absolutely busting, you can arrange relief (excuse the pun) at certain locations.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats mate. I was keen to go for it but it seemed like a long process. I recently went threw a long one to get into the steel works down here in Wollongong. Nearly 3000 people applied I got down to last 20 people and missed out.
It is a SLOW process, that takes time, there isn't a lot of hoops to jump through, they are just spread wide apart

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be terrible at this job... bladder the size of a walnut, and the jiggling around on trains... piss city!!

That said I do know if someone that left IT industry to do train driving... in his words "not a day of stress after leaving IT behind".

@Ecca are you going to get trained (pardon the pun) on the new trains on the North West rail link? They took delivery of first one at Cudgenong Station the other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.