Car Question

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Supply and demand. The teens that lusted over these cars in the 90s were in a position to financially be able to buy them.

Throw in Australia's limited supply (compared to NZ atleast), Fast and Furious franchise, Need For Speed and Midnight Club PlayStation games and there's a few reasons lo why.

Try and find something that hasn't exploded in price but has the potential too... That's the million dollar question.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of our beloved hsv prices.
Walkys are over 200k. Love these cars.
Screenshot_20211202-194925_Gumtree.jpg

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think cars used to look better, but i do like the modern tech inside new cars and the better motors. Maybe its because im old and grew up with things like Toranas and the like. Even my grandfather had a V8 Premier (Upgraded Kingswood for the young ones). And he drove everywhere under the speed limit. But he sounded good doing it. Old cars had a sound new ones dont too. A rumble. You have to remove the muffler on a current V8 to get a sound close to it.

A Torana with a modern motor and some modern perks inside (modern dashboard / centre console and aircon mostly) would be awesome.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Some of our beloved hsv prices.
Walkys are over 200k. Love these cars.View attachment 34673
They weren't cheap new, and only got more valuable when they stopped making Commodores. The R8 is a beast. Probably part of the reason my XR6 went up in value as well, coz Ford stopped making Aussie cars.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because… and coming from someone whom owns 2 90s sports cars

92 Mazda fd rx7
99 Nissan Silvia S15
06 mistsi evo 9

and a 2019 Nissan navara st-x 450 TT lol

It’s because they are very iconic sports cars, that can push lots of power for Na/turbo engines. and now are very much a collectors item and sort after .. and giving that most examples are becoming extinct.

in that “era” you can’t beat a Jdm turbo tuner powered japa !!

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Kicking myself for not putting my Kingswood or my Nova out in storage on the farm. Ah well, sold them for good money at the time. Covid tax has fucked the market, hopefully it'll settle back down when the bogans can go and blow cash in Bali again.

My old man has an s2k, number 57 made, has less than 100k km it, sits in his garage collecting dust lol.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of that here is a list that would be a worth a few $$$
1x LX 4 door Torana both very good condition, 1 x LX 2 door Blue 5L good condition, 1x RX4 Rotary coupe 13B Periffial Port 2 tone gunmetal grey and silver immaculate, 1 Ford XC 4 door Red 5.8 worked excellent condition, VT SS White mild work, VE SS Black manual alot of work immaculate. All gone but not forgotten.
Never lost the V8 bug, so coming soon I just want one VF Clubby.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

92 Mazda fd rx7
99 Nissan Silvia S15
06 mistsi evo 9

It’s because they are very iconic sports cars, that can push lots of power for Na/turbo engines. and now are very much a collectors item and sort after .. and giving that most examples are becoming extinct.

Oof that's a nice collection.
Maybe I should've held on to my 2001 wrx for another 10 years and it might have gone up! Haha

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Car manufacturers are being forced to move to EV's by Government regulation and the true car enthusiasts don't like driving a fridge so they are collecting real cars. Models made during Japanese bubble economy are very collectable, I have 2 myself.

Always a Bulldog

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oof that's a nice collection.
Maybe I should've held on to my 2001 wrx for another 10 years and it might have gone up! Haha
I flicked my 2001 big eye wrx STI before I purchased those, fuck subys lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Kicking myself for not putting my Kingswood or my Nova out in storage on the farm. Ah well, sold them for good money at the time. Covid tax has fucked the market, hopefully it'll settle back down when the bogans can go and blow cash in Bali again.

My old man has an s2k, number 57 made, has less than 100k km it, sits in his garage collecting dust lol.
Nova? Dude... do you mean Chevy Nova??

Wahesh

Reaction score

92 Mazda fd rx7
99 Nissan Silvia S15
06 mistsi evo 9

I know man, far out, that was easily the golden era of JDM. There are so many of them and their prices just went through the roof seemingly out of nowhere.

I mean we knew the day would come when their prices would go up as they become more and more rare, but it came a couple of decades early IMO.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mines still the SS Chevelle
The Chevelle is a very close 2nd for me. I honestly love both cars.

I can understand that Aussies love the Monaro and XB Falcon but to me those cars just look like they're an attempt to copy the Americans.

1638739522028.png