Car Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
yes - shop around. They are all generally different based on the vehicle. And its amazing how much they can vary...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes - shop around. They are all generally different based on the vehicle. And its amazing how much they can vary...
oh i know! i did the online quotes thingy.. one company quoted around $1900.. another one was around $900..

i thought i mustve done something wrong

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
wat type of car, year etc etc, and r u over 25?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
oh i know! i did the online quotes thingy.. one company quoted around $1900.. another one was around $900..

i thought i mustve done something wrong
Yes something similar happened to me many years ago - one quoted 4k then the other less than half that for the same vehicle...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wat type of car, year etc etc, and r u over 25?
brand new corolla and im 21, still on my L's... lol i know, i know.. it'll be under my mums name with my name added to the insurance or something?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ahh ok, hmm 900 dollars is a bit sus. ive got a terios 99 model and have put the insurance in my mum and my name and im 23 and we pay $1600 however im with allianz which is one of the best insurance companies. If u want a balance of a good insurance company and bill i doubt u will get it under $1500 a year unless u increase ur premium or lower the market value of the car which isnt worth the risk

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a skyline recently and Just Car Insurance was the only company that wanted anything to do with it. :(

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Im about to put a greenslip on my car... any recommendations?

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Im about to put a greenslip on my car... any recommendations?
nrma do it b4 they increase prices

um doggie d jst shop arnd. think of the insurance as a pair of heels, find the best one at the most competitive price. the big 3 should all be competitive and allianz/suncorp could be worth a try. very easy to get quotes online from all. jst play arnd with the options.

dnt go thru a broker most get commissions from selling 2-3 specific insurers products.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

um doggie d jst shop arnd. think of the insurance as a pair of heels, find the best one at the most competitive price. the big 3 should all be competitive and allianz/suncorp could be worth a try. very easy to get quotes online from all. jst play arnd with the options.

dnt go thru a broker most get commissions from selling 2-3 specific insurers products.
I tried a quote with NRMA - the bastards are the most expensive from what ive sought.. apparently Zurich are the cheapest

M

MikeyP..

um doggie d jst shop arnd babe. think of the insurance as a pair of heels, find the best one at the most competitive price. the big 3 should all be competitive and allianz/suncorp could be worth a try. very easy to get quotes online from all. jst play arnd with the options.

gee up? :confused:

A

A_C

Tina spend a few hours ringing around - i did that and you would be amazed at the price differences.

I am with allianz - paying $1100 on my car VX commodore. I had quotes for $3000!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My quote with Allianz was pretty cheap tbh

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Tina spend a few hours ringing around - i did that and you would be amazed at the price differences.

I am with allianz - paying $1100 on my car VX commodore. I had quotes for $3000!
how old r u though?? shes 21 and on her L's. They wont come cheap even if she puts it in her mums name and hers.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
hmm go to nrma with the cheapest and they should match or beat it.

allianz is one of the biggest insurers in the world and they haven't had to worry abt their bottom line being burned by the storms and other things like IAG, Suncorp and GIO have, all 3 will raise premiums soon for sure.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Nrma im paying 1300 for comphrensive also 20 years old and got the insurance in parents names and my name in it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.