Captains leaving our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i really hate it when club captains leave,

We have had 3 of our last 4 captains leave to play against us.

I think that's a real bad look

What's everyone's thought on this

Reactions: DT

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Shows that even before des we lost our way. Price left for money and i dont blame him, we had many good forwards at the time and we didnt get what he deserves plus we needed the change i guess. We have lost leadership on and off the field. Hopefully there is a change for the better.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's called professional footy and it happens at all clubs. We just seem to delight in self flagellation over every little issue. JT was punted as captain, so was Moylan, DCE and no doubt quite a few others. All of our former captains left for longer contracts and more money not because we didn't want them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Loyalty is dead these days. Money talks.

Couldn't care less except that when playing for us the captain gives 100% every game for the jersey.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Loyalty is dead these days. Money talks.

Couldn't care less except that when playing for us the captain gives 100% every game for the jersey.
You are right

For some reason thought, it don't sit well with me losing our captains

I can't explain it,

I just really hate it

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I blame des. The last 3 captains were under des.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last 2 were
Price was before Des

Price was the one that cut me the most
Price has always said he didnt leave for the money. He said he hated being implicated in the Coffs Harbour affair.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Price has always said he didnt leave for the money. He said he hated being implicated in the Coffs Harbour affair.
It was the pay cut he took during the salary cap stuff
Says so in his book
And that he felt he club lost its values during the Coffs thing

I don't blame him for getting out

I would have respected him more though if he stood by the club but he had to do what was best for him

He even left cause Folks pressured him to stop playing rep footy

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i remember andrew ryan retired after he initially wanted 1 more year, ennis wanted to stay on, graham was released

i dont understand the thing about price leaving and people are criticising it all of a sudden, we were in salary cap pressure with a team of young players looking to upgrade the contract, was he even given a serious offer to stay?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i remember andrew ryan retired after he initially wanted 1 more year, ennis wanted to stay on, graham was released

i dont understand the thing about price leaving and people are criticising it all of a sudden, we were in salary cap pressure with a team of young players looking to upgrade the contract, was he even given a serious offer to stay?
Hard to tell really

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club captaincy appears to mean fuck all these days. It lost a shitload of merit when retarded shit like co-captains started popping up in large numbers a few years back. For some reason multiple co-captains became a thing around the comp and I can only assume this occurs at times as a negotiation tactic. Most clubs are guilty of this.

Jackson is a good choice, but the position of captaincy has been diluted and feels meaningless compared to the past.

Last edited:

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whoa there boys.

So it’s ok for us here to say and accept that blah blah Captain left for the cash and played against us.
Ennis left for a longer contract and more cash. Yeah no problem.
Graham was let go by the current Board to play against us even though he’s still partially under our salary cap. That’s ok.
Reynolds is let go to play against us. No worries.

But for the Chairman of the League Club, who, whilst a Bulldog legend, has no say in the day to day running of the Football Club, to berate members on the alternate ticket for playing or coaching against the Dogs with his supporters cheering every word, is a bit rich.

I guess he forgot to mention that Ray played for and was the head trainer at Wests at one time. But they were never gonna beat us, so what does it matter

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa there boys.

So it’s ok for us here to say and accept that blah blah Captain left for the cash and played against us.
Ennis left for a longer contract and more cash. Yeah no problem.
Graham was let go by the current Board to play against us even though he’s still partially under our salary cap. That’s ok.
Reynolds is let go to play against us. No worries.

But for the Chairman of the League Club, who, whilst a Bulldog legend, has no say in the day to day running of the Football Club, to berate members on the alternate ticket for playing or coaching against the Dogs with his supporters cheering every word, is a bit rich.

I guess he forgot to mention that Ray played for and was the head trainer at Wests at one time. But they were never gonna beat us, so what does it matter
And Andrew Farah played for the steelers and coached the dragons
Lol
Hypocrisy much
I had much respect for Dr George
But seriously he fucked up

And like you said, the sheep who applauded that rubbish speech are retarded

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i really hate it when club captains leave,

We have had 3 of our last 4 captains leave to play against us.

I think that's a real bad look

What's everyone's thought on this
Price was the first I recall, and it was all his choice. The club did everything to keep him, including the guarantee of post football career options. Now he is going to try and have his cake and eat it... No thanks.

Anyone that still refers to him as Pricy and votes for him today is a mug.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Price was the first I recall, and it was all his choice. The club did everything to keep him, including the guarantee of post football career options. Now he is going to try and have his cake and eat it... No thanks.

Anyone that still refers to him as Pricy and votes for him today is a mug.
Whilst I hate to admit it, you raise a very good point.

He is trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Or perhaps, as he stated in his book, he left when he thought the club lost its culture, and perhaps he truely does want to come back to help re build that culture.

Either he is a selfish prick trying to milk our club, or he is s man of honour and loves the club and wants to help rebuild it.

There is equality strong arguments for both scenario

My best guess is the truth lies in the middle

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shows that even before des we lost our way. Price left for money and i dont blame him, we had many good forwards at the time and we didnt get what he deserves plus we needed the change i guess. We have lost leadership on and off the field. Hopefully there is a change for the better.
Price had no choice but to leave due to the salary cap fiasco.
The others have been pretty much under Master Dessies watch.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Price had no choice but to leave due to the salary cap fiasco.
The others have been pretty much under Master Dessies watch.
Yes my point is your captain especially what price had done shouldn't be the one to leave. When you see what happened after that with all them players leaving to easts.

Status
Not open for further replies.