Opinion Captaincy

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
To instigate a fruitful and lengthy dynasty, the club should be preparing Burton to receive the baton from Jacko with the promise of captaincy and have JAC as his deputy.
Offer Matt Burton a long term contract ( 5 years minimum ) and build a strong team around those two.
Who wouldn’t want to play under these guys?

go the mighty Bulldogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Josh Addo Carr should be captain imo. Reason being he is older than Burton and it makes it easier to pass the baton on after quite a few seasons.
Nah. Young captains always go well. Especially on generational talent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah. Young captains always go well. Especially on generational talent.
I didn't want to get flamed for naming a specific player, but the young player I was alluding to was Topine... that's a long long way off though.

I personally hope Reed Mahoney arrives and demands the captaincy through his performances, being very vocal and leading our middles, similar to Ennis I guess.

Reactions: 88

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
JAC has to have a leadership role for sure but I was just thinking about a career-long captaincy.
Would be nice to have Burton long term and leave a legacy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't want to get flamed for naming a specific player, but the young player I was alluding to was Topine... that's a long long way off though.

I personally hope Reed Mahoney arrives and demands the captaincy through his performances, being very vocal and leading our middles, similar to Ennis I guess.
Did you see him in the team song? :tearsofjoy: I still find it weird that a 20 year old that can't make our 17 leads it haha.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did you see him in the team song? :tearsofjoy: I still find it weird that a 20 year old that can't make our 17 leads it haha.
Yeah man i love it! Guess it's kinda embarrassing as most of the other players don't know it haha.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just name 6 captains like the wests tigers LOL it's working for them :tearsofjoy:
I think having multiple captains is a great idea, Jackson needs some help out there, new captains and leadership group - Stimson, Waddell, Flanagan, Allan, Jackson.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Offer burton an upgrade with future captain attached to it he has leadership qualities and an absolute gun what a player to build a team around

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A big part of being captain is that you have a pass to approach the ref, I think a key point when selecting the captain should hinge on a players ability to develop a relationship with the refs and lead the conversation. It's why Storm got away with so much for years, Smith manipulated them beautifully and to this day they still reap the benefits. I personally don't see Burton playing this role.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but Patrick Carrigan mic'd up of the Benji show was really impressive, that's a leader.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but Patrick Carrigan mic'd up of the Benji show was really impressive, that's a leader.
I saw that and it was incredible to watch.
He is only young but he was constantly revving up his team mates throughout the game.

I've often wondered what sort of language is used on the field by the players. I expected a number of expletives in there but he spoke cleanly, to the point and constantly, even in tackles. Most of all, the mic didn't even affect his game. This was a game where they lost Reynolds, Farnsworth, and a couple of others. His fitness was amazing and his leadership even better.

He's a gem