News Capras young gun signs with Bulldogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rockhampton Leagues Club Central Queensland Capras has today announced local sensation Larson Dale-Doyle will join the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, effective immediately.

The 18-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the NRL club and will begin his journey with the side's Jersey Flegg side.

From there, he will progress through the ranks to the NRL squad for pre-season training in preparation for the 2022 season.

Dale-Doyle debuted for the Capras this season.

Dale-Doyle debuted for the Capras this season.

Dale-Doyle - a Rockhampton junior - has been a part of various junior clubs within the community, having played rugby league for Emu Park, Rockhampton Tigers, Fitzroy / Gracemere and North Rockhampton.

After a brief one-year stint at the East Tigers while attending school in Brisbane, the speedy back chose to return to the Capras to pursue his rugby league dream.

The club never had any doubt he would end up in an NRL system and are honoured and proud he chose the Capras to assist him in chasing his professional rugby league dream.

Dale-Doyle's contract with the Bulldogs further highlights the important pathway the Capras provide aspiring professional rugby league players.

Dale-Doyle starred for the Queensland Murri Under 16s in 2018.

Dale-Doyle starred for the Queensland Murri Under 16s in 2018.

While aiming to win the Intrust Super Cup grand final each year is an exciting goal for the Capras, developing players for the NRL is what the club is here to do and there is no better feeling than to be able to provide that opportunity for one CQ's own local juniors.

The Capras are proud of Dale-Doyle and all his achievements and wish him all the best in this exciting new chapter of his career.

Last edited:

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 15-year-old is grateful of his god-given ability, but wants to do more with it than just set alight the various sporting fields around Rockhampton and the nation.

He is a young, proud indigenous student on the rise and he wants to lead the way forward for others to follow.

"I want to be a bit of a role model for the younger kids coming through," Dale-Doyle said. "To see them achieve great things would be nice. I know some of the boys from out in the communities struggle in school and I want to see them improve.

"They need to know that having success in whatever you are doing, be it swimming, bike riding, arts, singing or whatever, that it has to be earned by yourself.

"It is earned through hard work and a lot of sacrifices have to be made. Nothing is just handed to you on a platter.

"If you put your mind to it you can do it all. It will happen if you make it."

Larson's feats

Club Falcons camp on Sunshine Coast
Shadow rep for QLD team and was called up
Union shadow QLD team
QLD merit Oztag team
Capricornia RL team
QLD White team
Capricornia and QLD RU team
QLD merit Oztag team
Broncos, Cowboys and Capras academy
With family and friends in his corner, Dale-Doyle has no shortage of role models.

He credits his uncle Wayne for parts of his footballing upbringing and watches Johnathan Thurston and Greg Inglis in awe. Not only for their weekly plays of brilliance but their random acts of kindness too.

"My uncle has really inspired me and taught me a lot. I wouldn't be the person I am today without him," the Fitzroy's junior said.

"I really look up to JT and GI for what they do as indigenous people in this country.

"Duncan Paia'aua and Cameron Munster (ex-Emmaus students) too."

2017 has been a jam-packed year for Dale-Doyle. He's featured for Capricornia, Queensland and spent time in the Brisbane Broncos, NQ Cowboys and CQ Capras academies.

He recently came back from Woolongong after playing league for his state and will head away for rugby union later this month.

Right now, he believes his future lies in league and all due to the extras he puts in.

"I love the sport, particularly the tough stuff like tackling," he grinned.

"But I stay back after every training to practise more, goal kicking, passing, place kicking, everything, for 30 minutes. Playing for Queensland makes me so proud and happy. It is so worth all the hard work."

https://www.qt.com.au/news/model-pro-hes-only-15-but-this-kid-was-born-to-lea/3219494/

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
His stats are nothing to look at in QCup. If he makes it, it probably won't be for a while. The Capras are 2nd last and have only won 1 game which probably doesn't help, "While aiming to win the Intrust Super Cup grand final each year is an exciting goal for the Capras..."?

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he is coming to Sydney straight away so he can be in first grade next year

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Behind Schoupp so best fit would be Flegg to stand out in.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His stats are nothing to look at in QCup. If he makes it, it probably won't be for a while. The Capras are 2nd last and have only won 1 game which probably doesn't help, "While aiming to win the Intrust Super Cup grand final each year is an exciting goal for the Capras..."?
I guess he's only 18? To be playing qcup at that age you have to be pretty decent. Hopefully he can continue to develop (quickly please)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him on the hard path to his NRL dream.

If I had to offer him one bit of advice it would be to add several syllables to his surname and make it hard to spell and pronounce. Something like Larson daleonimaitups-Doyleatiriara. If there's anything I know about juniors in our system, they're more likely to make it if I can't fucking spell their name.

It seems like we're really starting to look outside of the few school pathways that seem to be the trend now.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently very quick from some people who have seen some of him ... another natural
Gifted athlete like most the aboriginal kids I guess but yeah very quick and a natural athlete

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he supposedly a good player wonder how good the other kids that are leading the comp.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont know if this player is any good but it is encouraging the club has cast a wide net in search of talented, potentially talented, outside backs -club has had a recent history of playing second rowers and plodders in the centres and on the wing.