SMH Capewell, Clarke and Naden

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fall of Josh Jackson has been fucking quick hey... he went from origin rep and one of the best back rowers in the game a few years ago to literally the most ineffective in the blink of an eye lol
It was interesting to hear James Grahams take on Josh Jackson the other night on Nrl 360. He said when you’re the captain and are told from the powers above you that you wont be competitive this year and then you have to go and face your team it’s exhausting. I can kinda see that in him now he just looks burnt out.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You don't buy Capewell to play centre, you buy Capewell to play in the second row and he's versatile and can fill in the centres if no other option.
And that’s how I wrote it..
Didn’t I ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And that’s how I wrote it..
Didn’t I ?
No, you have him named as a starting centre at full strength. That's a waste of money. If we signed Capewell (for the record I don't want us to) it'd be for the second row.

Malla

Reaction score
It was interesting to hear James Grahams take on Josh Jackson the other night on Nrl 360. He said when you’re the captain and are told from the powers above you that you wont be competitive this year and then you have to go and face your team it’s exhausting. I can kinda see that in him now he just looks burnt out.
That's probably right. Would take a massive emotional and mental toll on you which in turn impacts your performance. I really hope he can reinvent himself into the final years of his career. I think what helps him is he has never been explosive or a hard runner, just a hard worker and tackle machine.
Would love for us to push for a premiership for his sake - he deserves it with all that he's been through. He is only 30, can easily play another 3-4 years but obviously needs better players around him to do so.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All the talk (media) has been they were after a middle, that may be why.
Agree but they seem well balanced now ... I can't imagine who they would want and or need now.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I could see Barrett doing this with the right signings...
1..JAC
2..Cotric
3..Capewell/Allan..( Capewell has been named at centre for QLD..more than capable at centre )
4..Naden
5..DWZ
6..Burton
7..Flanagan
8..Hamlin-Uele
9..Clarke or Deitz
10..Thompson
11..Jackson/Capewell....(Jackson is highly doubtful to be released, but doesn’t offer enough now)
12..Elliott
13..Topine
14..Averillo
15..Atoni
16..Hetherington
17..Afoa

GOOOOOOOONE.....
Hopoate
JMK
RFM
Katoa
Napa
Lewis
Stimson

Kept but in Mounties as backup..
Allan
Okunbor
Meaney
Wakeham
Doorey

Probably left someone out, but this team sounds plausible to me
I can’t see Allen going from playing Origin last year to Mounties 2 years later...if so the place is cursed.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clark doesn't have a NRL clause apparently in this new contract and is on millions until 2023 ...not sure if hes keen to break the contract unless he is getting a shit load more..

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1620001069176.jpgFB_IMG_1619992903304.jpglooks like we missed out and looks more likely we will end up with Brandon smith

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck that's a great signing for the Titans if true and that's where I had him going all along. Clark would have been great for us..

If we get Cheese, then I'll be happy but if not, with Clark, Smith, Simpkin all off the market, that just leaves Kenny who is solid but miles off Clark and Smith.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck that's a great signing for the Titans if true and that's where I had him going all along. Clark would have been great for us..

If we get Cheese, then I'll be happy but if not, with Clark, Smith, Simpkin all off the market, that just leaves Kenny who is solid but miles off Clark and Smith.
Yeah we have to get the cheese now. His only 3 options were us, Tits and Broncos. If the Tits have signed Clark I can't see him going to the basket case that is the Bronocs as they're just starting their rebuild. Hopefully we can get rid of DWZ too in the process.

They're different styles of hookers but Cheese is a winner. He won't be coming up with those feeble attempts in defence we saw from Kotoa.

He could end up staying at the Storm but I can't see him turning down a starting spot at 9 and a pay rise

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah we have to get the cheese now. His only 3 options were us, Tits and Broncos. If the Tits have signed Clark I can't see him going to the basket case that is the Bronocs as they're just starting their rebuild. Hopefully we can get rid of DWZ too in the process.

They're different styles of hookers but Cheese is a winner. He won't be coming up with those feeble attempts in defence we saw from Kotoa.
I still reckon the Warriors would be an option for Smith. They have Egan who is horrible and no real other options at hooker. So they need one as much as us.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No word of us making an offer to Clarke and only that we were keeping an eye on the situation. With Baz openly stating the No.9 is a priority I can’t see us letting this one slip through our hands without even making an offer, unless we didn’t even need too because we already had a No.9 in the bag (hope). Otherwise, why didn’t we jumped in with an offer for Clarke? or were we silly enough to throw all our eggs into one basket?