1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Canterbury will explore the possibility of signing unwanted Eel Jarryd Hayne

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Alex Hunter, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Alex Hunter

Alex Hunter Dog4Life

There’s also an online headline saying “Canterbury could snap up Hayne”. Don’t have an account so couldn’t read it...

2. aymz maz

aymz maz Forum Regular

3. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

Canterbury will explore the possibility of signing unwanted Eel Jarryd Hayne
    CANTERBURY will look at the possibility of bringing Jarryd Hayne to the Bulldogs after prominent members of the football club asked officials to investigate the merits of a move for the out-of-contract star.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Canterbury are interested in what the deal would cost and whether the club had room inside its depleted salary cap for a crack at Hayne, whose odds of staying at Parramatta next season are lengthening by the day.

Some board members believe Hayne would be an astute buy but only if he came at the right price.

There have been suggestions Hayne would be seeking between $700,000 and $800,000 for next season.

Canterbury would not be prepared to outlay that amount but are keen to discover how they could lure Hayne to Belmore.

Some Bulldogs board members have made it clear they are not interfering with recruitment but are simply determining whether Hayne would be a financial option.

Hayne, the Dally M Medallist just four years ago, has attracted strong interest from French rugby union but has told friends his preference would be to remain in Sydney.

And it is known Hayne would be keen to play for Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have faced tremendous salary cap pressure and will need to do the sums to weigh up whether they could afford the former San Francisco 49er.

Hayne would be an ideal pick up for a club which has two star outside backs — twins Brett and Josh Morris — for next season.

Most of Canterbury’s recruitment and retention will go through Chris Anderson, the legendary former Bulldogs premiership-winning coach and winger.

St George Illawarra have also reignited interest in Hayne, although Dragons director of rugby league pathways Ian Millward was not returning calls last night.

Saints have lost some backline depth through veteran winger Jason Nightingale’s retirement and Nene McDonald’s shift to North Queensland.

Hayne may still remain at Parramatta should the club free up some salary cap space by offloading Michael Jennings to Newcastle.

Jennings has one year left on his Eels deal and is looking for a longer-term contract. But the Knights are likely to want to move on another outside back, potentially Nathan Ross, to accommodate any move for Jennings.

Just last week, Hayne said: “I’m going to have to (look for another club) because I don’t have a job. In four days, my contract is over. It’s a bit of a lottery (where I will be in 2019).

“I’m on the market, looking for a job. I’ve got to pay the bills.”

Hayne could be seen as a replacement for Dragons fullback Matt Dufty, whose future at the club remains uncertain.

Another centre option for Canterbury would be former Cronulla three-quarter Jesse Ramien, who has signed with Newcastle. The Bulldogs may try to have Ramien included in any deal to allow unsettled forward David Klemmer to sign with the Knights, although it’s unlikely Newcastle would want to part with their new Sharks recruit.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/26a0da77c4716d75f9fb71347610f674

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wenger

Wenger Kennel Addict

Fuck me

Over the last 6 months we have been linked to Napa, Tapau, Burgess Twins, Ramien, Manu, Oates, Hayne, Dufty, Segeyaro

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. AucklandDog

AucklandDog Forum Regular

1. Hayne
    2. Oates
    3. Ramien
    4. Manu
    5. Smith
    6. Lewis
    7. Cogger
    8. Napa
    9. Segeyaro
    10. Thomas Burgess
    11. RFM
    12. Jackson
    13. Tapau

14. George Burgess
    15. Martin
    16. CNH
    17. Tolman

6. xreedmatic

xreedmatic Participant

Khunts have looft it on d kennel

7. timetopisshasleroff

timetopisshasleroff Forum Regular

Id rather ramien, cant see it happening though.
    Hayne would be a decent signing, better than french/ gutherson/ moses etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bulldog butch

bulldog butch Forum Regular

Do you guys think that if Newcastle get Michael Jennings then they may let ramien come to us for klemmer? I still doubt it, but don't see why they would be after Jennings...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Teddybear

Teddybear Forum Regular

I would say that if this journalist had a bet on the melbourne cup he would have boxed all 24 horses for a trifecta win...

They have no idea making just shit up

• Like Like x 8
  10. berries1935

berries1935 Forum Regular

Honestly would take Hayne at the moment...
    Meaney
    Crighton
    Hayne
    Hopoate
    Lewis
    Foran

• Like Like x 1
  11. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

100%

12. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldog_4_Life Kennel Addict

CANTERBURY will look at the possibility of bringing Jarryd Hayne to the Bulldogs after prominent members of the football club asked officials to investigate the merits of a move for the out-of-contract star.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Canterbury are interested in what the deal would cost and whether the club had room inside its depleted salary cap for a crack at Hayne, whose odds of staying at Parramatta next season are lengthening by the day.

Some board members believe Hayne would be an astute buy but only if he came at the right price.

There have been suggestions Hayne would be seeking between $700,000 and $800,000 for next season.

Canterbury would not be prepared to outlay that amount but are keen to discover how they could lure Hayne to Belmore.

[​IMG]
    Could Hayne be a Bulldog? Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images.
    Some Bulldogs board members have made it clear they are not interfering with recruitment but are simply determining whether Hayne would be a financial option.

Hayne, the Dally M Medallist just four years ago, has attracted strong interest from French rugby union but has told friends his preference would be to remain in Sydney.

And it is known Hayne would be keen to play for Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have faced tremendous salary cap pressure and will need to do the sums to weigh up whether they could afford the former San Francisco 49er.

Hayne would be an ideal pick up for a club which has two star outside backs — twins Brett and Josh Morris — for next season.

Most of Canterbury’s recruitment and retention will go through Chris Anderson, the legendary former Bulldogs premiership-winning coach and winger.

[​IMG]
    Hayne is unlikely to stick with Parramatta. Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images.
    St George Illawarra have also reignited interest in Hayne, although Dragons director of rugby league pathways Ian Millward was not returning calls.

Saints have lost some backline depth through veteran winger Jason Nightingale’s retirement and Nene McDonald’s shift to North Queensland.

Hayne may still remain at Parramatta should the club free up some salary cap space by offloading Michael Jennings to Newcastle.

Jennings has one year left on his Eels deal and is looking for a longer-term contract. But the Knights are likely to want to move on another outside back, potentially Nathan Ross, to accommodate any move for Jennings.

[​IMG]
    Hayne is still on the look for a new club. AAP Image/Brendan Esposito.
    Just last week, Hayne said: “I’m going to have to (look for another club) because I don’t have a job. In four days, my contract is over. It’s a bit of a lottery (where I will be in 2019).

“I’m on the market, looking for a job. I’ve got to pay the bills.”

Hayne could be seen as a replacement for Dragons fullback Matt Dufty, whose future at the club remains uncertain.

Another centre option for Canterbury would be former Cronulla three-quarter Jesse Ramien, who has signed with Newcastle. The Bulldogs may try to have Ramien included in any deal to allow unsettled forward David Klemmer to sign with the Knights, although it’s unlikely Newcastle would want to part with their new Sharks recruit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Indiandog

Indiandog Immortal Gilded

we should only be offering performance based contract to this guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The_Chimpster

The_Chimpster Kennel Enthusiast

Hahahaha, only a matter of time before this bs was published

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Interestingg

Interestingg Kennel Enthusiast

Wouldn’t mind this tbh. 2019 is a write off and he would be a threat in an otherwise lacklustre backline. Throw him 300

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. dogwhisperer

dogwhisperer Forum Regular

I’ve actually changed my mind on him. I wouldn’t mind him at the right price for a couple of years until we get our shit together and find some real outside backs.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Snake

Snake Forum Regular

All for it. A bit of X factor and umpredictability in the backline is exactly what we need. I can’t see the current backline as is worrying the opposition.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ILiveForDib

ILiveForDib Kennel Enthusiast

Give him what, 600k? He is going to refuse any other contracts below 600k.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BMOC

BMOC Forum Regular

He is kind of like another mbye. No doubt about his talent. It's his attitude. He is quite inconsistent and goes missing badly in some games. Aren't those rape allegations still continuing?
    He wouldn't be too bad. there are just too many risks. Not worth the resources.

20. BMOC

BMOC Forum Regular

Plus still no bevan signing!! Forget about hayne and get bevz. He is lightning speed, which we need