News Canterbury were able to stave off a number of rivals to keep young Paul Alamoti at Belmore

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the reasoning behind not getting a deal finalised before November 1 he has still got plenty to learn but surely he is part of the long term plans ??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, needed to play a few games this year to be confident in beating other clubs to extending him (would of most likely already happened), but lucky for us we have Gus.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a long way off with his defence. Needs to work on that before anything else.

Jeral Skelton is ahead of him at this point in time.

Jack Jones

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs: Paul Alamoti

Canterbury were able to stave off a number of rivals to keep the local junior at Belmore in 2023. The teen prodigy was eligible to debut this year, but the Bulldogs have played the long game. Alamoti spent this season in NSW Cup under noted development coach David Tangata-Toa, playing against more seasoned opposition and helping Canterbury to the grand final against eventual premiers Penrith.

Alamoti will use the upcoming pre-season to press for a centre spot, but is in for a battle in usurping Aaron Schoupp and Braidon Burns. A player of the future, Alamoti will again be a target for rivals willing to take a punt on his potential.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 60314

Can someone post full article just posted up by Telegraph then
The Daily Tellacrap are getting desperate in their attempts to destabilise our club's rebuild, so much so they are applying pressure on Gus & Co into making hasty decisions,
Before Gus had taken over JK did some ( special ) negotiations in order to keep the 17 year old at the club, he since struggled for form as he slowly recovered from a massive injury, I believe the club still holds Alamoti in high esteem and are confident he will rise to stardom,
Now, rather then worry about contracts young Alamoti should prove himself to the club that showed so much faith in him, I am sure it wouldn't go unnoticed by the club and will be rewarded.
IMO If he and his manager intend to place the club under pressure then he should start packing his bags now !

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what he THINKS he can get at other clubs, but whatever that figure is, I'm sure we can pay that and get a proven first grader.

I'm sick of these players who want money first and then might live up to their potential.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure what he THINKS he can get at other clubs, but whatever that figure is, I'm sure we can pay that and get a proven first grader.

I'm sick of these players who want money first and then might live up to their potential.
There's not one comment from Alamoti and you took their bait.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. The difference with this situation, as apposed to Sullovans, is that its not a current Australian rep in front of Alomoti, its Burns and Schoupp.
Im a fan of Schoupp, but he is no certainty for a centre spot with Skelton and Alomoti pushing for a start, and Burns, well, he is rocks or diamonds, and mostly rocks. So Alomoti definitely has an opportunity for fg, whereas Sullivan likely does not.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's not one comment from Alamoti and you took their bait.
It's about time we realised hey. You'd think we would have by now judging by the biased press we continuously get.

Be a big reason why they continually rehash the click bait....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You are correct, to me it looks like his manager is trying to pump up value of his next contract,
The best way to do that is on the field !
Could be Gus is testing the guys resolve to do the hard work and pay his dues rather than the easy option of re-signing based on hype (which has failed us in the past with guys not stepping up after good money thrown at them).

I would expect Gus to have given him a plan for his progression into first grade. He is the kind of player we need and Gus and Ciro are the kind of coach/mentor he needs at this early stage of his career.

Hope he realises his potential at the Bulldogs.