Canterbury sign Roosters forward Chris Smith

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
DOGS ADD TO THEIR PACK

Canterbury has landed the signature of Roosters forward Chris Smith from next season.

At 24, Smith has had limited opportunity in the top grade which has paved the way for his move.

Having agreed to a two-year-deal, Smith could still make a move before June 30 should the Roosters sign off on an early release.

Chris Smith of the Roosters races away to score.Source: News Corp Australia
Smith began his career with Penrith in 2015 before moving to the Tricolours the following year.

With the Bulldogs handcuffed by salary cap pressures, Market Watch understands the deal is worth around $95,000 a season.

*foxsports.com.au

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
CHRIS SMITH
2nd Row

Height:
185 cm
Weight:
104 kg

Date of Birth:
16 January 1994
Birthplace:
Darwin, NT

Debut Club:
Penrith Panthers
Opposition:
New Zealand Warriors
Date:
05 September 2015
Round:

Previous Club:
Penrith Panthers
Junior Club:
Nightcliff Dragons

Biography:
Chris Smith is now in his third season with the first grade squad and has impressed playing for the Wyong Roos. The big and mobile forward continues playing his distinctive style with plenty of good defence and moments of brilliance when attacking with the football.

*roosters.com.au

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With the Bulldogs handcuffed by salary cap pressures, Market Watch understands the deal is worth around $95,000 a season.
Well if that's the case he won't be Top 30 as minimum wage is over $100k now ($110k from memory).

Besides we already have a few ready to step up to NRL but Pay won't give them a chance.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we played wyong in isp the other week this guy was solid. I didnt watch the full game but the commentators were talkin him up about his aggressive playing style and they werent wrong.
Numerous times he was first up out of the line to monster our forwards, ran hard and was more than a handful. I reckon it would have to be at least 3-4 times in 10mins i heard 'Chris Smith fired up today'.
Surely we have to be happy with this signing

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like just the attitude of the dogs of war forwards of old

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if that's the case he won't be Top 30 as minimum wage is over $100k now ($110k from memory).

Besides we already have a few ready to step up to NRL but Pay won't give them a chance.
Not doubting you because i really dont have any idea on the figure but going off of brisbane signing Lodge, everywhere saying he was signed for $80,000

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good quality depth signing at what sounds like the right price. Shame we have so many back ended deals so doubt we can get many major roster changes short term.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like just the attitude of the dogs of war forwards of old
Interesting point, it all boils down to attitude but I think it has to start with the captain.
Don't get me wrong I think JJ is a brilliant player but he's too affected by the PC world of higher learning to lead the team into thuggery

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting point, it all boils down to attitude but I think it has to start with the captain.
Don't get me wrong I think JJ is a brilliant player but he's too affected by the PC world of higher learning to lead the team into thuggery
Elliot proves you need more than attitude.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Eliott is fine. Those blaming him
For all our woes are gronks tbh.

The amount of criticism he is copping after two good games is beyond ridiculous.

Having said that, never hurts to add to squad depth and if this guy plays as aggressively as people say, he may carve himself a good niche here.

Last edited:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When we played wyong in isp the other week this guy was solid. I didnt watch the full game but the commentators were talkin him up about his aggressive playing style and they werent wrong.
Numerous times he was first up out of the line to monster our forwards, ran hard and was more than a handful. I reckon it would have to be at least 3-4 times in 10mins i heard 'Chris Smith fired up today'.
Surely we have to be happy with this signing
You're right bro,that was in round 5,you can still watch the game on 9now.He made a huge difference to the premiers when he came on,maybe he was playing for a contract.I still remember Gallen saying "all Wyong need now are 4 Smiths and they might get back in the game".Uncle Nick must have been chasing some pussy up the Cross to let that dude slip through his fingers.I hope he wasn't a 1 game wonder.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eliott is fine. Those blaming him
For all our woes are gronks tbh.

The amount of criticism he is copping after two good games is beyond ridiculous.

Having said that, never hurts to add too squad depth and if this guy plays as aggressive as people say, he may carve himself a good niche here.
Elliot does cop more than he deserves, IMO.

He's far from the cause of all our woes. Lichaa's service is a much bigger problem.

Elliot is still average at best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliot does cop more than he deserves, IMO.

He's far from the cause of all our woes. Lichaa's service is a much bigger problem.

Elliot is still average at best.
That’s at least a more balanced perspective. He seems to be solely responsible for our problems in the eyes of some, which is just fooking rubbish!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he played for NSW under Pay? If so is Pay eyeing off some of the younger talent that he coached and thinks they are worth signing?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Who is ready to step up. Everyone tugged of on tualau and well he looked like a poor mans kasiano.