Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chris Garry is a Broncos centric journo. He’s of the belief that Piakura will re-sign for one with Brisbane and go for a bigger deal with them the following year. Does not want to leave, they don’t want him to leave.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris Garry is a Broncos centric journo. He’s of the belief that Piakura will re-sign for one with Brisbane and go for a bigger deal with them the following year. Does not want to leave, they don’t want him to leave.
He's writing for the Broncos supporters telling them what they want to hear.

Go Dogs

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he's shown he's talented enough to be worth the 300k risk. I think it's a very similar signing to Burton just in a different position and he actually hasn't played NRL yet (it's also similar to Grant a year or two ago). The problem I have with it is where does this leave Topine (who I actually see more as a middle - lock) and Doorey. I do think RFM will move into the middle soon.
Success isn't mutually exclusive; you can have several players all developing at the same time. And not everyone hits their potential, hence why you need a few irons in the fire. That's how Storm, Roosters and the top teams develop talent. Piakura, Doorey and Topine are all in that 18-20 age bracket, still have time before they're regular NRL first graders. It will create nautral competition; the younger boys will want the spots and the older guys like Elliot, RFM, Waddell etc will be kept on their toes.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we only have a history of giving away (or losing) talent like this kid - not gaining the talent, unfortunately I think we have zero chance.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again we'll be used to bump up a players price tag.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's writing for the Broncos supporters telling them what they want to hear.

Go Dogs
Listened to him specifically talk about it on a podcast but yeah sweet lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or not even play a game for us like Suaalii and Souths.

How do Rorters do it? Arch rivals and yet they poach the 17 year old guy the rabbits think will be the next immortal.
The answer is Nick Politis - the guy who made a profit from the government's JobKeeper handout- which he won't giveback.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are full of conspiracy theories, no doubt some element of truth, all clubs are trying to bend the rules within the rules, others straight up break them.
We landed JAC and Burton for 2022, win some/lose some... I personally don’t give a sh!t about Piakura or Suaalii, what I do know (and prefer) is we land some notorious proven talent at NRL level next year. What we have in 21 and so far in 22 is a good start... TB will recruit well, some big names to come in 22 albeit other teams may beat us to some signatures but we also beat a hell of a lot of teams to get JAC and Burton too..