Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The answer is Nick Politis - the guy who made a profit from the government's JobKeeper handout- which he won't giveback.
And another multi millionaire in Gerry Harvey.

But that's ok the Govt says they can keep it...they'll get it back from job seekers and pensioners or savings by spending nothing on sports facilities for Labor seats :grinning:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once he witnesses our magnificent facilities it'll be a done deal surely.

DOGS LEAD PACK FOR RISING NRL STAR

The Bulldogs still appear in the box seat to sign one of the NRL’s best emerging talents in backrower Brendan Piakura. After a couple of false starts, the Brisbane Broncos rookie is believed to be headed to Sydney this weekend for a guided tour of Canterbury-Bankstown’s Belmore facility. Good judges reason Piakura is the best up-and-coming backrower in the game. The teenager had interest from nine NRL clubs but has narrowed it down to his existing club the Broncos or the Bulldogs. The Gold Coast are also an outside chance.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once he witnesses our magnificent facilities it'll be a done deal surely.

DOGS LEAD PACK FOR RISING NRL STAR

The Bulldogs still appear in the box seat to sign one of the NRL’s best emerging talents in backrower Brendan Piakura. After a couple of false starts, the Brisbane Broncos rookie is believed to be headed to Sydney this weekend for a guided tour of Canterbury-Bankstown’s Belmore facility. Good judges reason Piakura is the best up-and-coming backrower in the game. The teenager had interest from nine NRL clubs but has narrowed it down to his existing club the Broncos or the Bulldogs. The Gold Coast are also an outside chance.
Lock it in Eddie (once he even gets a whiff of the facilities)

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we only have a history of giving away (or losing) talent like this kid - not gaining the talent, unfortunately I think we have zero chance.
History is a bitch but we are a different club top to bottom these days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is your time to really shine TBAZ... get this kid, your really would be higher LEGEND..!!!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If this kid was really that good why aren’t the rorters chasing harder to get him. The rorters always seem to beat the other clubs to a signature and for some strange reason which I cannot understand manage to keep them for a decade or more.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If this kid was really that good why aren’t the rorters chasing harder to get him. The rorters always seem to beat the other clubs to a signature and for some strange reason which I cannot understand manage to keep them for a decade or more.
Crichton, butcher, radley, tup, tko, jwh, collins, Liu, cordner?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck the rooters, as above there stacked anyway.
This reschedule of his visit on the weekend and the report we are close to the top option(if factual)sounds quite promising.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton, butcher, radley, tup, tko, jwh, collins, Liu, cordner?
Really it's only Crichton, Cordner and Tupouniua for an edge but that's more than enough anyways.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because they can't promise him a start over Tupinoua, Crichton and Radley I'd presume.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cordner is one head knock from retirement.
Piakura doesn't get into the second row with Crichton and Tupouniua there. They are both long term options.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they can't promise him a start over Tupinoua, Crichton and Radley I'd presume.
Robinson couldn't be bothered doing anything more than a Zoom meeting with him. Barrett went for a face to face while on his personal holidays with family. Robinson probably thinks all he has to do is make an offer and every young player will jump at the chance.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Robinson couldn't be bothered doing anything more than a Zoom meeting with him. Barrett went for a face to face while on his personal holidays with family. Robinson probably thinks all he has to do is make an offer and every young player will jump at the chance.
That’s poor from the Roosters, but it shows their arrogance... I’d say their approach was deliberate in not making too much effort since they already have a stacked roster and also low balling an offer trying to snag a good prospect on the cheap based on their reputation and location alone. I like the fact we are professional enough to fly young prospects down and give them a feel for what could lay ahead...