Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's amazing how being at the bottom of the ladder will make you do crazy things. I'm not sure if Piakura will ever reach star status, but I am quite confident that the Broncos overpaying him contributed to us being able to recruit TPJ.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know how we got young Hayward away from the Roosters if his going to be a superstar
He’s actually played in our junior league (st George dragons) since he was a kid. Could cement a spot at roosters and has developed rapidly at the dogs

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching this bloke for the Cook Islands. Not liking what I’m seeing. He’s bang average. How we were willing to offer him $500k per season to poach him is beyond me. He doesn’t even hold a candle to Topine who’s on min wage and would die for the club.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching this bloke for the Cook Islands. Not liking what I’m seeing. He’s bang average. How we were willing to offer him $500k per season to poach him is beyond me. He doesn’t even hold a candle to Topine who’s on min wage and would die for the club.
Yes we made a great escape there and we made the Broncos pay 500K a season for him reportedly. LOL

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett can't coach and is a hopeless and cant identify talent

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of the game... How'd Steven masters go? Was with us at trial/train contract at start of year.... I always thought he has loads of talent and potential...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Piakura can negotiate starting this November. We should make him one of our priorities. Broncs will struggle to keep him unless he takes unders. I have been very impressed with his recent form. He looks so strong and athletic. Ben Te Kura is another young bronco that is worth a look.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Piakura can negotiate starting this November. We should make him one of our priorities. Broncs will struggle to keep him unless he takes unders. I have been very impressed with his recent form. He looks so strong and athletic. Ben Te Kura is another young bronco that is worth a look.
I agree but we don't need second rowers so it would depend if Gus thinks Preston could play lock (not sure myself).

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree but we don't need second rowers so it would depend if Gus thinks Preston could play lock (not sure myself).
Rather Preston just focus on being a gun hard hitting second rower. Don’t dull his game his role is perfect.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me some hot take in here

Not sure which takes the cake. Doorey/Topine/piakura being the best back row in the comp or the opinion that we dodged a massive bullet missing out on signing the ‘overated’ carrigan lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xavier Willison is the young prop we need to go after .. these young players coming through will need an alpha prop/leader, I think he’s a future Haas/Tino type .. looking at the younger grades I feel we’re still missing that type of player … he should be the target …

All past Broncos fans rate him highly, Theres a chance they may not hold him back and release him if we offer him good money and they need to free up money for Mam/Cobbo/Walsh …..